Debunking old "That Jutsu" theories. Manga has already clearly explained.

Akx19

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Can we just clear the air and put the old "That Jutsu" theories to rest? I've seen a load of people claiming that this newest chapter's "That Jutsu" is the one we've been waiting for since the beginning. And to be frank, that's ridiculous. Here's why...

Let me start off by saying that the last two chapters alone provides adequate proof that this is NOT the jutsu Jiraiya was describing. In chapter 681 you can clearly see that the most recent use of "That Jutsu" in Chapter 681 was in reference to the jutsu that was given directly to Sasuke and Naruto from the SO6P himself. This jutsu, in neither form or fashion, was in Naruto's repertoire during the time skip. Naruto, at the time skip, had no idea who Tobi was, That madara still existed, That the juubi existed, that Kaguya existed or any part of the Infinite Tsukyomi plan beyond "Akatsuki is after me". Let alone have already practiced a sealing jutsu powerful enough to seal away the most powerful being in NV.

However if that alone isn't proof enough for you let's look at what was happening when Jiraiya said that.

Naruto had just come from a 3 year training period where Jiraiya was specifically attempting to teach him how to control Kurama's power. Jiraiya, using the sealing scroll frog, loosened Minato's seal on Naruto to allow Kurama chakra to flow more freely. Over and over they practiced but this proved to be too dangerous and uncontrollable for Naruto at his current level. (proven by Jiraiya's injuries). So Jiraiya and the frog re-tightened the seal and stopped the training.

When they went on their first mission after being back, Jiraiya said, "Don't use that Jutsu". Naruto said, "I know" with a somber look on his face. (meaning its dangerous, or that it's too risky). Naruto, being the emotional kid he is, immediately went on a rampage against Orochimaru and the first thing he did was use the jutsu he had practiced the past three years; Kurama's chakra. But he couldn't control it and hurt Sakura and seriously injured himself.

Later on when Naruto was summoned to frog mountain to hear the prophecy and sign the seal, the sealing scroll frog said, "This is the key for you to learn "That Jutsu". That key was left by Minato specifically to remove the seal so Naruto could learn and control Kurama's power when the time came. The sealing scroll frog was present during the three years of training providing the key for Jiraiya to tamper with and thus used the words "That Jutsu". Therefore Naruto signed the key and left to train with Bee how to control Kurama and successfully did (through the course of the war). Successfully mastering "That Jutsu".

To sum everything up, when Jiraiya said, "Don't use that Jutsu", he really meant "Don't intentionally use the Nine Tails power". While it wasn't directly stated in that fashion, looking at the events previously mentioned it is blatantly obvious that was his intention. I'm not sure how people think "That Jutsu" is still in question or hasn't been shown. I will, however, concede that mastering "That Jutsu" ultimately led to meeting the sage and getting his most recent powerup along with his new Sealing Jutsu. (That requires both Naruto and Sasuke to complete)

Akx19

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Debunking old "That Jutsu" theories. Manga has already clearly explained.

I think it's the jutsu old Hago gave them.
I stated that in my post if you read it.

In chapter 681 you can clearly see that the most recent use of "That Jutsu" in Chapter 681 was in reference to the jutsu that was given directly to Sasuke and Naruto from the SO6P himself.

Last edited:

ssjelf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

If your referring to Naruto using the term "That Jutsu in the most recent chapter then, yes. Your exactly right.

However if you mean the Jutsu Jiraiya was describing at the time jump. There is no possible way Jiraiya had the foresight to know the SO6P would give Naruto an ability let alone for Naruto to understand what that was.
The jutsu in this chapter is the one Hago gave them. That is what he and I meant. I don't know why anyone would think it was one jiraya was talking about. You sure they weren't joking and saying that this could be the infamous "that justu"

Akx19

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The jutsu in this chapter is the one Hago gave them. That is what he and I meant. I don't know why anyone would think it was one jiraya was talking about. You sure they weren't joking and saying that this could be the infamous "that justu"
Sorry bud, you missed the entire point of my thread. I'm completely in agreement with you.

The point of this thread was to prove to people that this is the jutsu the sage gave them and not the one Jiraiya did. I've seen a lot of people on this forum and other forums for that matter who think the jutsu they were talking about in the most recent chapter was the same one Jiraiya was talking about

ssjelf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Sorry bud, you missed the entire point of my thread. I'm completely in agreement with you.

The point of this thread was to prove to people that this is the jutsu the sage gave them and not the one Jiraiya did. I've seen a lot of people on this forum and other forums for that matter who think the jutsu they were talking about in the most recent chapter was the same one Jiraiya was talking about
I didn't miss the point at all. I am saying I agree as well. I am also saying I don't know why anyone thought differently.

Akx19

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I didn't miss the point at all. I am saying I agree as well. I am also saying I don't know why anyone thought differently.
Ahh ok. Sorry then. Yeah I find it rather annoying that people don't understand that. I'm sure for most people this is a pointless thread but I've see a few out there who just don't get it and I was hoping to clear the air.

Trúth

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Hmm good thread, I was sort of mixed up myself thanks for clearing it up.