Year of Serialization: October 3, 2006

Author: Toshiki Inoue

Artist: Takeshi Obata

Genre(s): Drama, Mystery, Supernatural, Thriller

Current Status: Completed

Moment of Reviewing: Episode 37

Other Formats: Manga, Written by Tsugumi Ohba

Series Summary:
The series is about a young, smart individual named Light Yagami. He is considered a honor student and has high praise. The most important part of him is, He hates evil. He looks at the world as if its rotting and all he wants to do is erase all evil from the world to create a better place. His wish all but came to fruition when one day he found a Note book, specifically called Death Note. The note book has the power to kill anyone who's name is written in it. There are specific rules about the book that are taken into heavy consideration.
-The human whose name is written in this notebook shall die.
-This notebook will not take effect unless the writer has the subject's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
-If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.
-If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
-After writing the cause of death, the details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
You must be registered for see images
After testing the Death note out it is confirmed that this note books power is real. But Light is in for another shock when a Shinigami appears, Claiming its his book and he dropped it. But since Light found the book it is now his to do whatever he wishes. Light finally able to clean the world of evil, Begins to kill all the criminals, Slowly the world begins to notice and grants him the name as Kira. Of course he has to keep his identity a secret. The amount of deaths catch the attention of the police in Japan. Then another very important character is introduced in the story by the name of "L". A famous detective that has cracked down and solved the most hardest cases in the world. From here on a phsycological battle between two great minds, Light Yagami and L begins. Both fighting for there own sense of justice.
Critical Review:
Now I had to think about this review a little bit and try to explain the best way I can to how I feel of this anime. Without trying to hype people up that much, If you haven't seen this anime, Go watch it now. This anime is a battle between two great minds which leads to amazing mind battles. What makes this anime so highly is not the action, because well you can arguably say there isn't any real action. What makes this anime amazing is the battle between Light and L. Always challenging one another and fighting of who will catch who, was no less of an amazing spectacle.

Light Yagami when discovering the note book begins to kill of criminals and cleaning the world of darkness. He even claims he will be the god of the world. But when L comes in, it is all changed and pretty much this is when the anime gets heavy. Especially that epic entrance and there first battle between each other, Was the starting point of why I knew this anime was going to be good. If I really had to look into this anime deeply there isn't anything much other then the thrill L and Light set off when ever they go at one another. There isn't any real character development, No action, No beautiful anime quality or no amazing sound track. But I can forgive it all because of what this two characters do.
You must be registered for see images
With all the excitement I have put on this review there are down sides you should expect because this anime is not perfect. Light sometimes you can say takes everything very serious or the anime portrays it that way. Pretty much eating a potato chip is epic in this anime, so there are some ...Corny stuff. There are also some characters in the anime that really slow its potential down and makes it less then it already is. You can say that is in this anime that will not be the greatest thing to watch. Also many can argue the first part of the anime was much better then the second because of a certain happening that changes the anime on its head. But even after that you can still enjoy the same mind games and epic stuff from Light Yagami.

This anime is a real must watch and I recommend it to everyone, Yes even if you don't like mystery anime, This one will get you hooked. A battle between two minds is all you need to enjoy this anime. Its pacing is also amazing which really makes it feel like not that your watching anime, But a movie. Anyone who hasn't watched it, Go watch it now !

Rating: 9/10

[video=youtube;PkXw1iBgzoY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkXw1iBgzoY[/video]

Aye guys try not to say any spoilers here ! If you need to then wrap them in a spoiler tag.
Thanks

Last edited: