Traffy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm making this thread to clear up some misconceptions people have about these two. It's mostly the anime fault that people believe this but I'll clear things up.

Mystic Gohan vs SSJ3 Goku

Now in DBZ there's really no need to go too in depth into the battles because ABC logic does work here. Now this manga page will clear up one misconception the anime made:

You must be registered for see images

Here Goku says himself that even with the help of Vegeta and Gohan it's still not a guaranteed win, they have a chance and this is against Fat Buu. But in the anime, Goku said he could beat Buu but wanted to leave him for Gotenks, this is where a major misconception occurs.

On this page after he's fought Fat Buu for the first time at SSJ3 here's what he has to say:

Once again, this was against Fat Buu, arguably one of the weakest Buu's. Goku has tested his full power against Fat Buu and while it's possible that he could beat him, there's also a possibility that he could lose as well.

Now after Vegito gets absorbed by Buu, they take away some of his power by saving Gohan, Goten, Trunks, and Piccolo. This turns him back into Super Buu, the one that Mystic Gohan was toying with earlier. Goku notices the drop in power but also realizes something else:

This image proves that the gap in power between Goku and Super Buu is a still a big one, even with Vegeta at his side. The same Buu that Gohan was easily defeating can beat Goku and Vegeta at the same time.

And to put this to argument to rest, Gohan is obviously stronger than Super Buu, and if you don't believe it then look at this page:

So in conclusion, Gohan can easily defeat Super Buu while Goku might not even be able to be Fat Buu. So seeing as how Super Buu > Fat Buu, the difference in power is easy to see which leads to this, Gohan > Goku.

Super Buu vs Kid Buu

Now I don't have to look far to get some proof to show this one. In this official Viz manga page, it clears up a major misconception about how Buu became after absorbing the Kai's:

Now here's where the anime and some manga mistranslation really screwed things up. In the anime and in mistranslations, it says that once he absorbed the Kai's he became weaker, but that's obviously not true. It says nothing about him becoming weaker in the Viz translation, it says that he was easier to tame because he had some good in him.

But it's easy to see that Kid Buu is the most dangerous of all the Buu's due to the fact that he's so merciless and is pure evil. This is where another misconception occurs, many people believe Kid Buu is stronger due to the fact that he's a lot more reckless and shows off his power more often such as him destroying Earth. But in reality, Super Buu is a lot more technical, he uses his brain while fighting like when he tricked Goten and Trunks into fusing, and he doesn't just destroy everything he sees.

Now SSJ3 Goku puts up a pretty good fight against Kid Buu, but even he can't keep up with Kid Buu due to the fact that SSJ3 puts a lot of strain on his body. So Goku has to use the Spirit Bomb to finish this fight, he gets energy from not only Earth, but all of space:

[/IMG]

With all of this power and Good Buu plus Vegeta stalling for time it still isn't enough to defeat Kid Buu:

Even with the power of all of space, Kid Buu still is strong enough to not only stop the Spirit Bomb but to send it back as well. It takes Goku having his energy replenished to be able to finally beat Kid Buu.

Also, Goku himself says that if he was at full power, he could beat Kid Buu, but yet he can't beat Super Buu:

Now you're probably wondering that this doesn't make any sense, Kid Buu is much stronger than Fat Buu. Well the Buu Kid Buu fought was Good Buu, who is a lot different than Fat Buu. Fat Buu had both the Evil Buu and Good Buu inside of him, while is Kid Buu is essentially Evil Buu who was the stronger half between the Good and Bad Buu's.

So with that being said, this could lead to the assumption of Fat Buu > Kid Buu, but that's another argument for another thread. But seeing as how Goku said he could beat Kid Buu at full strength but not Super Buu, this leads to me to believe that Super Buu was much stronger than Kid Buu if Goku is sure he can defeat him.

So even though Kid Buu is much more destructive than Super Buu, he's the dumbest out of the Buu's. He doesn't use logic and just destroys everything he sees. Now Super Buu like I said, is very cunning and can think of plans to save his ass like this:

This shows how smart he is that he knows how to use the cockiness of Trunks and Goten against them. All he has to do is taunt them a bit to have them fuse so that he can absorb not only Gotenks, but Piccolo as well.

So in the end, Super Buu is just on a different level than Kid Buu, power and intelligence wise. If Super Buu can beat SSJ3 Goku but Kid Buu would lose to the same Goku, you don't need to be a genius to see that Super Buu > Kid Buu.

Also, Mystic Gohan surpasses his father again. The fact that he can so easily beat Super Buu while Goku himself said he would not only just have a chance to beat Fat Buu who was weaker than Super Buu, but he would also be easily be defeated by Super Buu with the help of Vegeta. So this leads to, Gohan > Goku.

Mystic Gohan > Super Buu > SSJ3 Goku > Kid Buu.

Titania Erza

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mystic Gohan was the strongest character (still is since most of us consider GT as fanfiction) un-fused. And if Super Buu didnt became kid buu Goku would proabably have never won the fight.

minatofan234

Regular
Kin
-3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mystic Gohan is the strongest un-fused character. I thought everyone knew this.
sorry but no ss4 goku is the only reason goku wasnt able to beat fat buu is because fat buu wasnt getting damaged every time goku hit him buu just got up like nothing happend the other buu's could not do that

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Mystic Gohan was the strongest character (still is since most of us consider GT as fanfiction) un-fused. And if Super Buu didnt became kid buu Goku would proabably have never won the fight.
Actually, isn't Kid Buu a worse fight since he's so reckless and doesn't care about what he's doing? I mean Super Buu would probably use some calculated attacks compared to Kid Buu's style of just going berserk and blowing everything to shit.

Champ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mystic Gohan was the strongest that was the reason plot had it, Goku save Hercule and Dende instead of Gohan, Goten & Trunks cause then they would've owned Buu to easy, anyway Kid buu is the strongest Buu

Traffy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mystic Gohan was the strongest that was the reason plot had it, Goku save Hercule and Dende instead of his Gohan, Goten & Trunks cause then they would've owned Buu to easy, anyway Kid buu is the strongest Buu
Agree with everything but the Kid Buu being the strongest Buu. It just doesn't logically make sense for him to be the strongest because Goku can beat Kid Buu but can't beat Super Buu even with Vegeta. So with that being said Super Buu has to be the strongest and that also makes Mystic Gohan the strongest.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
sorry but no ss4 goku is the only reason goku wasnt able to beat fat buu is because fat buu wasnt getting damaged every time goku hit him buu just got up like nothing happend the other buu's could not do that
SS4 Goku does not exist.
Mystic Gohan was the strongest that was the reason plot had it, Goku save Hercule and Dende instead of Gohan, Goten & Trunks cause then they would've owned Buu to easy, anyway Kid buu is the strongest Buu
Kid Buu is not the strongest Buu. He's the most dangerous, but not the strongest. The strongest Buu is him.

Champ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agree with everything but the Kid Buu being the strongest Buu. It just doesn't logically make sense for him to be the strongest because Goku can beat Kid Buu but can't beat Super Buu even with Vegeta. So with that being said Super Buu has to be the strongest and that also makes Mystic Gohan the strongest.
A Universal Spirit Bomb would've killed anyone, and in that fight didnt Fat buu try to fight Kid buu and got owned.

Titania Erza

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Actually, isn't Kid Buu a worse fight since he's so reckless and doesn't care about what he's doing? I mean Super Buu would probably use some calculated attacks compared to Kid Buu's style of just going berserk and blowing everything to shit.
Kid buu is like they said "pure evil" so thats why he was the most dangerious of all. He didnt even cared that he would blow himseld up. But like you said Super Buu on the other hand is more tactical and woudnt in the first place have allowed Goku to finish his spirit bomb. Kid buu might have shown us more pure strenght but for all the other factors in combat Super Buu was the better.

Traffy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
SS4 Goku does not exist.

Kid Buu is not the strongest Buu. He's the most dangerous, but not the strongest. The strongest Buu is him.

This.

A Universal Spirit Bomb would've killed anyone, and in that fight didnt Fat buu try to fight Kid buu and got owned.
Kid Buu fought Good Buu, not Fat Buu. And again I'm only stating facts, Goku himself said that he could defeat Kid Buu, but when it came to Super Buu he knew that he was easily no match for him. So logically if Goku is > Kid Buu but Super Buu is > Goku, then Super Buu > Kid Buu.

Champ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This.

Kid Buu fought Good Buu, not Fat Buu. And again I'm only stating facts, Goku himself said that he could defeat Kid Buu, but when it came to Super Buu he knew that he was easily no match for him. So logically if Goku is > Kid Buu but Super Buu is > Goku, then Super Buu > Kid Buu.
You said Ss3 Goku > Kid buu, but Goku said he couldn't beat Fat buu in Ss3 and Kid but beat Fat buu.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice thread. I already knew of this and of all the examples you showed, but good job actually finding the evidence and accumulating it in one thread. Hopefully more people will accept this, as most people do not understand even after all these years.

Traffy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You said Ss3 Goku > Kid buu, but Goku said he couldn't beat Fat buu in Ss3 and Kid but beat Fat buu.
Kid Buu never beat Fat Buu, he beat Good Buu. Fat Buu is he combination of Evil Buu and Good Buu who was substantially stronger than Good Buu and more than likely Kid Buu.

Traffy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice thread. I already knew of this and of all the examples you showed, but good job actually finding the evidence and accumulating it in one thread. Hopefully more people will accept this, as most people do not understand even after all these years.
Thanks, it took a lot of work but I felt like this thread was needed to clear up some things that the anime had messed up. Plus I have a go to post now if I ever get into the same conversation which will make my life easier.

JIRAIYA perv

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
DBZ is my all time favourite and it is very simple when it comes to power levels. and it ended with goku on top :D, gohan was stronger at THAT TIME because of his hidden powers but later goku surpassed that by far, DBZ is mainly about goku on top then vegeta chatching up with him as second, but i like that crazy vegeta the prince