Meowazziel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Goku and Vegeta are suppose to be rivals.

They still seem to be on par in the manga and sometimes Vegeta even has the edge, but in the anime, this is rarely the case.
In the anime, Vegeta can hardly be called a rival at this point power wise.
Hit seems more of a rival to Goku tbh.

Anime:
Power and speed.
Goku Kaioken>Vegeta.

Utility.

Goku instant transmission, spirit bomb, solar flare (and Kaioken if you call it utility too) > Vegeta no real utility.
Possibly destructodisc, but Goku can do that too and Vegeta his energy ball that could mimic the full moon is useless nowadays as Oozaru isnt a thing anymore.

Growth.
Goku his training methods + genes seem to make him improve and grow to a higher power faster and with less time than Vegeta. Vegeta is inefficient or even though Vegeta was born with a higher power lvl, has less talent for growth.

So yeah.. dafuq?:dunno:

Currently in the tournament Vegeta seems to be really confident.
In too extreme manners, even for him.
Which gives me the impression that he has something up his sleeve.
Or its wishful thinking.

Manga:

Power and speed.
About equal.
No Kaioken in the dragonball super manga so far, unless I have a memory fart.

Utility.

Goku instant transmission, solar flare, spirit bomb, hakai (why given to Goku:dunno: and not Vegeta?) > Vegeta no real utility.
Possibly destructodisc, but Goku can do that too and Vegeta his energy ball that could mimic the full moon is useless nowadays as Oozaru isnt a thing anymore.
HOWEVER,
Vegeta showed a higher lvl of mastery over swapping from ssjgod (red) to blue and back and forth.
Which gives him more endurance than Goku.

Growth.
Vegeta can keep up with Goku in growth in the manga, even though Vegeta seems to be less efficient, he can keep up (less efficient because Vegeta being too tensed or even though he was born with a higher power lvl he may have less talent to grow or he is just inefficient in his methods).

This looks much more as rival.

Anime problem.

Kaioken can be used way too easily in the anime. Lately the strain it has on the body seems very low.
The amplifier of kaioken can be so high that Vegeta can probably not catch up if nothing changes regarding kaioken and if Vegeta gets no special ability.

Maybe you cant use kaioken with Ultra instinct (UI).
That could help as well to close the gap.
If Vegeta reaches UI too, he can catch up, or he needs to get something similar to Kaioken or something that makes him a lot more durable than Goku. That Goku is the heavy energy use fighter with a higher power but that Vegeta is the one who can tank better with the better endurance.

What do you think of the rivalry of Goku and Vegeta in the anime and manga?

Oh btw I dont mind if Goku has the edge, but they should be closer in power and abilities imo.

Last edited:

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The problem with the anime isn't Kaioken specifically but that ever since the Zamasu arc - and especially with the current arc - they've been completely rewriting the power gaps on an episode-to-episode basis and have been using transformations as a showmans gimmick rather than as a representation of power like they should be. A prime example of this is the current arc (in the anime) where you have moments like Goku going SSB for something as trivial as recruiting characters as laughably inferior like Krillin; I don't care how many times people try and justify it as "SSB isn't about power but about ki-balance", there was absolutely no reason for Goku to use so much as God form against Krillin and that's not mentioning how Krillin was actually able to cancel out a SSB Kamehameha.

The anime has become the definition of style over substance and has essentially become a parody of itself. The manga however has done a very respectable job thus far correcting the wrongs of the anime while still keeping the core story-arcs intact. I've given up on the anime awhile back, but I am cautiously optimistic that the manga will be able to radically steer the Tournament of Power arc back on course from the shit-show it has become in the anime.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Goku was always ahead of Vegeta. In regards to DBSuper Anime, that shit is crap all around; the Manga does it more justice because both Sayains are growing instead of just Goku.

Exaar

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Adding Kaioken to SSB completely destroyed any chance of vegeta ever catching up to goku as long as they have the same transformations.

It's pretty obvious the anime is heavily favoring goku and pushing vegeta aside.

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They are friend and no longer a rival. Vegeta made it clear in Kid Buu battle. They only do battle on who can take down this or that villains

They have move on since then only fans still concern about it. Same as with Naruto and Sasuke

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They are friend and no longer a rival. Vegeta made it clear in Kid Buu battle. They only do battle on who can take down this or that villains

They have move on since then only fans still concern about it. Same as with Naruto and Sasuke
Naw fam they're still rivals. Whis and em already stated it.

OT agree DBS anime heavily favor Goku for some reason and now he can somehow spam SSB kaioken when not even long ago dude almost lost his Kai for spamming and using it too long.

Also add the fact that he also get more screentime and powerups than anyone in the series.

The manga do it more justice with them being on par or Vegeta/Goku slightly superior. I'm also somewhat 100% only Goku will have UI in the anime as well.

Reactions: uhmusddy

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Naw fam they're still rivals. Whis and em already stated it.

OT agree DBS anime heavily favor Goku for some reason and now he can somehow spam SSB kaioken when not even long ago dude almost lost his Kai for spamming and using it too long.

Also add the fact that he also get more screentime and powerups than anyone in the series.

The manga do it more justice with them being on par or Vegeta/Goku slightly superior. I'm also somewhat 100% only Goku will have UI in the anime as well.
So when I said "They only do battle on who can take down this or that villains"

This still a form of rivalry ight?

Naruto X Hunter

Legendary
Kin
2,304💸
Kumi
1,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Naruto brought up their rivarly in Gaiden, so did Sasuke the Boruto manga, aswell as Boruto and Mitsuki/Orochimaru.

SIR UZMAKIMADARA

Elite
Kin
32💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree. Manga is making sense but anime doesn't (in some cases). Vegeta is on par with Goku. I'm pretty sure during the training with Whis, Vegeta learnt new things. He can control blue unlike goku. Whis advised him about increasing his power by letting every part of his body judge and act on its own. Vegeta will gonna do it. Vegeta beat the ass of Toppo this episode and it was impressive.

BTW All of you guys are taking it all wrong. This tournament is 30 minutes long and only 11 minutes has elapsed so it does makes sense. We are looking at the things from the wrong angle. As we only get 1 episode every week so it looks like things are going slowly and no one is getting enough screen time. However, it is quite the contrary.

I am pretty much sure that the fights will get faster and intense as we only have 19 minutes (19 episodes) left. Everyone will get his/her chance to show his/her power.
In coming weeks, Akira will gonna wrap the things up really fast as we are left with roughly 19 or 20 episodes. A lot of people will fall out of the ring soon enough.

Meowazziel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The problem with the anime isn't Kaioken specifically but that ever since the Zamasu arc - and especially with the current arc - they've been completely rewriting the power gaps on an episode-to-episode basis and have been using transformations as a showmans gimmick rather than as a representation of power like they should be. A prime example of this is the current arc (in the anime) where you have moments like Goku going SSB for something as trivial as recruiting characters as laughably inferior like Krillin; I don't care how many times people try and justify it as "SSB isn't about power but about ki-balance", there was absolutely no reason for Goku to use so much as God form against Krillin and that's not mentioning how Krillin was actually able to cancel out a SSB Kamehameha.

The anime has become the definition of style over substance and has essentially become a parody of itself. The manga however has done a very respectable job thus far correcting the wrongs of the anime while still keeping the core story-arcs intact. I've given up on the anime awhile back, but I am cautiously optimistic that the manga will be able to radically steer the Tournament of Power arc back on course from the shit-show it has become in the anime.
One of the reasons that Goku used Blue was to let krillin experience what it is when a fighter of that lvl is in front of you.

Krillin didnt cancel out a Kamehameha.
With all of Krillin's might he pushed back a tiny bit.
Goku was probably slacking as usual and/or severely holding back too and not expecting Krillin to push that much.
Than Goku pushed a little bit and than Krillin stood there powerless.

The manga does seem to do lot of things more justice though.
More solid explanations for happenings. Powers make more sense.
The manga can learn/improve on the anime though as the anime is released first.

I agree. Manga is making sense but anime doesn't (in some cases). Vegeta is on par with Goku. I'm pretty sure during the training with Whis, Vegeta learnt new things. He can control blue unlike goku. Whis advised him about increasing his power by letting every part of his body judge and act on its own. Vegeta will gonna do it. Vegeta beat the ass of Toppo this episode and it was impressive.

BTW All of you guys are taking it all wrong. [FONT=&]This tournament is 30 minutes long and only 11 minutes has elapsed so it does makes sense. We are looking at the things from the wrong angle. As we only get 1 episode every week so it looks like things are going slowly and no one is getting enough screen time. However, it is quite the contrary.

I am pretty much sure that the fights will get faster and intense as we only have 19 minutes (19 episodes) left. Everyone will get his/her chance to show his/her power.
In coming weeks, Akira will gonna wrap the things up really fast as we are left with roughly 19 or 20 episodes. A lot of people will fall out of the ring soon enough.
[/FONT]
In the manga, Goku was the first one to control Blue (keeping all ki inside for maximum potential of Blue).
He did it vs fused Zamasu.

Later on Vegeta trained with Whis and Vegeta managed to control Blue too.

Yeah the time elapsing in the tournament is somewhat hard to track.
Watch a whole episode and than at the end of the episode, 1 min has passed :p.

Star Child

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with your thought about vegeta holding something back like a new tranformation or something similar. In the anime (I know it can't be taken at face value, but worth mentioning i think) during his fight with Toppo, all vegeta is thinking about is Goku and Kefla's fight. And Toppo is no bum, he is definitely someone worth paying attention too, but vegeta seems preoccupied with his thoughts, and that doesn't seem very vegeta-like to me
I feel like he is waiting for Goku to slip into UI again (which he did at the end of last episode) so he can get some more answers regarding his own transformation.
Ultimately, this will all be proven wrong though, because vegeta never gets to shine

@Meowazziel