Ensifer

Veteran
Kin
145💸
Kumi
412💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey there, as promised Shonen Jump released new information for Dragon Ball Super in December, revealing that the next arc after our current mini-episodes (Goku vs Hit) will be the "Space Survival" arc, alongside some episode summaries on what there is to expect in the future.

There was also an announcement, that Android 17 is making a return to the series alongside the other characters. This is quite an interesting dynamic personally, to see Gohan wearing his father's Gi again, alongside former antagonists that were out to hunt for Goku, now allied with him against this new threat.

You must be registered for see images

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thank you for sharing. Okay, let's see.

- so Goku and Vegeta are still stuck with their lame DBZ-outfits
- the lame Gohan inconsistency continues as well
- a "new threat" that has to surpass the former (Zamasu) like they usually do in shonen, huh?

Okay, so I can spend my time with other things for like the next ~6 months, before DBS gets another chance to get my attention. The more DBS continues, the smaller becomes the chance to still connect with the good, original and believable ending Goku vs. Uub.

Aominecchi

Legendary
Kin
9💸
Kumi
1,392💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't enjoy the fact they went back to the DBZ uniforms, even then they had different outfits when the saga changed
I hope Gohan can go back to his badass form, but it's way too hard for a miracle to happen and him to be as powerful as back then..even though he said he started training again with Piccolo
We will have to wait and see I guess

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't enjoy the fact they went back to the DBZ uniforms, even then they had different outfits when the saga changed
I hope Gohan can go back to his badass form, but it's way too hard for a miracle to happen and him to be as powerful as back then..even though he said he started training again with Piccolo
We will have to wait and see I guess

Another thing is wouldn't this pretty much destroy some people's arguements who justified Gohan being a nerd instead of a fighter? His moving on to being a family man seems like a retcon now.

-Haku Yuki-

Supreme
Kin
59💸
Kumi
1,030💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
17 is back and looks more like a chick then ever before! Lol.

Think super is going to use the name toriyama made up for them in rlthat interview a few years ago in this arc? Lapis and lazuli for anyone who didn't read the interview.

Ensifer

Veteran
Kin
145💸
Kumi
412💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
17 is back and looks more like a chick then ever before! Lol.

Think super is going to use the name toriyama made up for them in rlthat interview a few years ago in this arc? Lapis and lazuli for anyone who didn't read the interview.
Very doubtful, I think they would much rather prefer to keep their Android names(for reasons unknown), otherwise 18 would had been frequently called Lazuli at this point.

Aominecchi

Legendary
Kin
9💸
Kumi
1,392💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Another thing is wouldn't this pretty much destroy some people's arguements who justified Gohan being a nerd instead of a fighter? His moving on to being a family man seems like a retcon now.
Yeah...he needs to decide...one or another...but I think, even though it pains me to say this, he needs to take care of Videl and Pan

Ensifer

Veteran
Kin
145💸
Kumi
412💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thank you for sharing. Okay, let's see.

- so Goku and Vegeta are still stuck with their lame DBZ-outfits
- the lame Gohan inconsistency continues as well
- a "new threat" that has to surpass the former (Zamasu) like they usually do in shonen, huh?

Okay, so I can spend my time with other things for like the next ~6 months, before DBS gets another chance to get my attention. The more DBS continues, the smaller becomes the chance to still connect with the good, original and believable ending Goku vs. Uub.
I made this argument before and nobody listened to me, that they need to make up their damned minds with Gohan and stop putting the focus on him if they intend to make him just a family man and nothing more, since from the looks of it (at the time) they were prepping him to do something more serious in the following episodes up to now. I absolutely hate this shit when it comes to characters that are rotating with their development and on what they want to be, it's like Sakura Haruno all over again.

My post:

Gohan, get your shit together!

This part, angered me to no end. Alright ... Vegeta is training in the events that something like this happens, Goku does the same, WHY WON'T YOU TRAIN LIKE THE OTHERS, GOHAN?! It's like a broken record with him, he disappoints, disappoints again, and does not realize the severity of whatever seems to be happening around him, I still have not forgiven him as a character for deliberately missing out on the Universe Tournament during the last arc of the series and to not ask why Future Trunks was present to begin with. Now ... I wish the animators and storyboard writers would make up their minds with his character, either make him fight in the foreseeable future, or get him off my television screen, because I don't want a character that has no intention to fight, no intention to make himself useful, no intention to leave his little bubble to assist his father in saving the world from the many threats out there.

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah...he needs to decide...one or another...but I think, even though it pains me to say this, he needs to take care of Videl and Pan
To be honest with the route they are going it kinda seems obvious that Gohan's role as a family man was another excuse to keep him busy off screen. His change now just doesn't look so good. I was against this "family man" theme from the begining cause I knew DBZ would suck at pulling it off.

Which means at this point he should have stayed a family man. Cause that would consider him consistent with his current character. A change to a fighter now is reversing his character development at this point. To make this work they should have made him gradually convert to being a fighter. By putting him in situations where he had to fight again. Because one can be a family man and savior of the world. It doesn't mean it should happen with Goku dieing.

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I made this argument before and nobody listened to me, that they need to make up their damned minds with Gohan and stop putting the focus on him if they intend to make him just a family man and nothing more, since from the looks of it (at the time) they were prepping him to do something more serious in the following episodes up to now. I absolutely hate this shit when it comes to characters that are rotating with their development and on what they want to be, it's like Sakura Haruno all over again.
They should just leave Gohan alone. He got what he wanted, a happy family-life without fighting. That's his development, but Toriyama/Toei always have to change their minds to please the fighting-fans of Gohan so it seems. A writer simply doesn't play ping-pong with ones characters, that's lame.

In order for Gohan to be relevant again, Toriyama/Toei would either need to put him on god-level like Goku and Vegeta or give him nonsensical moments like those of Trunks when he fought and defeated Potara-Zamasu. And neither of that is a good idea imo.

But then again, it's not my business. Now that DBS is boring again, I'll spend time with other things.

Last edited: