Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What do you know about the Dark Release?!
It was used by Hiruko or whatever his/her name in some fillers. I know it absorbs chakra and then you can release it back. I think it can absorb wind, lighting and fire, not sure about water.

Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was used by Hiruko or whatever his/her name in some fillers. I know it absorbs chakra and then you can release it back. I think it can absorb wind, lighting and fire, not sure about water.
Hiruko was a movie villain and he stole it from a Kirigakure shinobi using his Chimera Ant technique. Because it absorbs chakra, it can absorb virtually any energy element, but this does not mean it cannot absorb solids. Lower ranked earth/water techniques can be absorbed just fine. Anyway, give this a read.

The method I've used in order to make a better understanding of Dark will make things less confusing for you, at least I hope so. Dark Release is divided into two categories, that of "Absorption" based Dark and "Release" based dark. Now the former deals in absorbing chakra (mostly energy based elements, however higher ranked Dark techniques can even absorb Water or Earth at some point). The dark marks located in your palm need to be short range away from an attack for them to absorb it most of the time. Whereas the Released version of Dark is releasing the absorbed chakra in the form of raw energy, which is alike to light blue flames. This form of Dark does not have the ability to absorb things. Normally, a hit from this raw energy grants death to almost anyone. A B-rank dark explosion is enough to deal life-threatening damage. Another branch of the Released version is that beside the blue flames, it can also come in blast and shockwave version; things which will be portrayed to you during the training.

Because Dark marks are the entrance to another space/time dimension, they can store up an infinite amount of chakra. Because of this, the chakra we absorb does not affect our bodies. So, that said, let me ask. Can Dark Release absorb Sage Chakra? No, or yes, provide me the reasons.

Kuroh

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lower rank as in C-rank and below?

I believe so, sage chakra is a mixture of both chakra and nature energy. With dark release you can absorb chakra so...

Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lower rank as in C-rank and below?

I believe so, sage chakra is a mixture of both chakra and nature energy. With dark release you can absorb chakra so...
Absorption Dark techniques can absorb according to their S/W. For example, an A-rank absorbing tech can absorb B-rank earth or water.

Corect. Would we suffer the consequences of absorbing Sage chakra? As in, turning to stone. Why?

Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, good. Now, let's get down to it. It's time to learn the fundamental dark technique called Inhaling Maw. Note that this technique lets you absorb specific ranked technqiues (as stated in the note of the technique) thus it does not follow the basic Strengths and Weaknesses of Dark Release. It's pretty handy to use though. What I want you to do is to direct either marked palm forward and activate your "Absorption" mark, which will effectively absorb the technique.

I stand medium range in front of you and release a fire-ball heading your way.

(Katon: Gōka no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Hellfire Technique
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra and breath out from their mouth a large fireball that travels at the opponent. As it reaches the opponent it bursts into a maelstrom of fire engulfing them in flames.

Kuroh

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
After listening to your instructions I do as you say. I raise my right arm and direct my right palm forward as you release your fireball. I do this as I concentrate some dark energy into my palm, this activates my absorption mark which ends up absorbing your fireball.