Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not much. But the basics are simple: It's an advance element in the roleplay that mixes the earth and lightning-based chakras. From what I read, you can absorb and release the chakra through two overlapping diamond markings on the palm. The "top" diamond absorbs chakra and the "bottom" diamond release the stored chakra. Its strengths and weakness are simple to understand: absorption ability can take in energy and chakra, but cannot draw in the matter or physical objects containing the chakra. You can also absorb Senjutsu chakra or Jutsu mixed with Senjutsu chakra without coming to a petrified state. Alternatively, you can absorb chakra directly from the target through physical contact. The rank and strength of the absorbed Jutsu from the target depends on the absorption technique.

Weak to: Earth and Water are physical substances

Strong to: Raw Chakra such as Rasengan, Fire, Lightning, Wind, and Kekkei Genkai's such as Dust, Storm, Scorch because they are forms of energy.

When the chakra is being discharged or release, the same weakness and strength logic applies - albeit adding that abilities such as Sand, Snow (created from the Ice Kekkei Genkai), Steam and Boil are susceptible to the powerful element because of their intangible structure.

Last edited:

Sasori

Legendary
Kin
1,327💸
Kumi
4,657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good Good.

Just analyze and ask questions.

C rank

(Meiton: Kuro Aku Reiki) - Dark Release: Evil Black Aura
Type: Offensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: The user will release dark waves of chakra towards their target through their hand.
Note: Must have absorbed enemy techniques before using

A technique that requires you to have absorbed a jutsu before-hand in order to utilize.

(Meiton: Yami no Nami) - Dark Release: Darkness Wave
Range: Long
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: The user will release a black, widespread wave made of dark chakra at their opponent just a wave of their hand.

Another where you need to have absorbed something before-hand.

(Meiton No Jutsu) - Dark Release Technique
Type: Supplementary/Attack/Defence
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: The user can make small dark release energy blasts, shields or any form he wishes to make through the usage of dark release. However, it's not a solid matter as its substance is almost like Wind Release.
Note: Can only be used five times per match
Note: Courtesy of Ryujin

A technique who's limitations are really up to your discretion.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just like asking questions if that's cool.

Describing the Dark Release, is it like a black mist or wind?

Dark Release: Evil Black Aura
- is it more than one wave? Can I create more than one wave? If I do, then the Jutsu is split in rank, correct?

(Meiton: Yami no Nami) - Dark Release: Darkness Wave - is the wave long crescent-shaped or like a flat blanket? And being released from the front of view, can you see through it or see your target?

(Meiton No Jutsu) - Dark Release Technique - Do I have to absorb chakra before use? Or I can freely manipulate Dark Release?

Last edited:

Sasori

Legendary
Kin
1,327💸
Kumi
4,657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sort of like wind. It's more of an energy.

1) You can create more than one wave, and the damage will be split.

2) I would say long crescent shape, but it could be anything you wanted. Also, you wouldn't be able to see through it.

3) To be safe, I would say absorb a jutsu first.

(Meiton: Dassui Fureru) Dark Release: Draining Touch
Range: Short
Chakra: 20 (-40 chakra points to the enemy)
Damage: N/A
Description: By activating the absorption mark in one of his hands and touching an enemy, the user is able to absorb up to 40 chakra points on contact. This chakra can then be used to fuel release-type Dark Release techniques.

A cool technique to use if you are fighting your opponent with taijutsu

(Meiton: Kasseiken) - Dark Release: Revival Fist
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: By gathering dark chakra into both their hands, the user can then unleash a powerful and focused shock wave that, when it hits a person close range it could cause tremendous internal damage.

A technique where the user will release another shock wave based attack.

(Meiton: Kyūketsukō) - Dark Release: Inhaling Maw
Type: Offensive, Defensive
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user uses their dark release to forcibly extract the physical and spiritual energy (chakra) of another ninja and absorb it through the upper square of the mark on his left hand, which can then be used to perform Dark Release: Judgment.
Note: Can absorb up to A-Rank Wind, Fire and Lightning techniques, S-Rank raw chakra or C-Rank Water, all within reason. Has no effect on Earth techniques.

The pinnacle of all Dark jutsu that allows you to absorb jutsu.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dark Release: Draining Touch - After I absorbed the target through direct contact and store the chakra, I can only release up to B-rank Dark Release Techniques?

Dark Release: Revival Fist - Do I wave my arms to release the shockwave through my hands or can I simply release the shockwave without moving both my hands or arms (ie using my fist or fist not moving)?

Dark Release: Inhaling Maw - This is the one where the technique being absorbed is release with same rank and damage, right? Do I have to use Dark Release: Judgement or can I use variations of Dark Release such Dark Release: Darkness Wave? Can you give me an example of a C-rank Water I can absorb?

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No. After absorbing chakra using Draining Touch, you're able to use any Release-Type Dark jutsu, regardless of the stated cost. Its just that the amount of chakra an opponent loses from this technique is 40 points. Think of it as, one absorption = one jutsu. This may not apply to techniques which have specific absorption requirements, like Ultimate Judgement, so keep that in mind.

I'd say that you need to move your arms in a specific direction to aim the shockwave. When the technique is used, Shinno aims his arms directly at Naruto to attack with it.

Inhaling Maw only allows for absorption, there is no canon Dark that allows for both absorption and release at once. And no, not necessarily. You can absorb a C-Rank Fire technique with Inhaling Maw, and then use Judgement, which is A-Rank in strength. Its not a 1:1 conversion, as I suggested in my comments on Draining Touch. As for whether you can use techniques other than just Judgement, I'd say that you can. At the time of writing that jutsu, Judgement was the only A-Rank Release-type canon, so they probably just decided to only list that technique. I'd say that you can use other lower ranked techniques too.

Edit: You can absorb any technique, following the description of Inhaling Maw. However, I'd like to note that Inhaling Maw is a unique absorption technique, as it follows its own description and not the official S&W of Dark to determine what it can absorb. Inhaling Maw cannot absorb Earth at all, whilst something like Netherworld Gates can, so long as the Earth jutsu in question isn't stronger than it.

Any more questions on these? If you're all good, I'll move on.

Last edited:

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Meiton: Meifu no Iriguchi ) Dark Release: Netherworld Gates
Type: Defensive
Chakra: 30
Description:
The user will spread his arms to the sides and point his palms outwards in opposing directions, activating his absorption squares in both his hand markings. As he does, a radial vortex-like effect is creating towards each hand. By doing this, the user is able to defend from attacks (following the elemental weaknesses and strengths of the KG) that are thrown at him from all directions, as the vortexes will direct them to the markings. However, if the user fails to keep both arms and markings perfectly opposed to each other, the vortexes will become unstable and fail.

This technique is basically an omnidirectional absorption, triggered by simply raising your arms and absorbing techniques that come within short-range of you. Good for covering your flanks, as Inhaling Maw and Ultimate Inhaling Maw will only protect you from attacks in front of you.

(Meiton: Jajjimento) - Dark Release: Judgment
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: The user converts the absorbed chakra from the Dark Release: Inhaling Maw and then releases it into light blue flames, turning it back on their enemies with amplified strength to blow them away. The flames are expelled through the lower square mark on their left hand.

A moderately sized blast of flames that's fueled by chakra absorbed through the use of Inhaling Maw, Ultimate Inhaling Maw or Netherworld Gates, if we're talking purely canons.

(Taibu Meiton No Jutsu) - Greater Dark Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence/Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage Points: 60
Description: This is a stronger version of the Dark Release technique. The user can shoot dark release energy blasts, shields or any kind of shape through the usage of the Dark Release but on a larger scale than the standard Dark Release technique.
Note: Can only be used three times per match
Note: Courtesy of Ryujin

The A-Ranked counterpart of Ryujin's other generic Dark technique. It's a little more versatile than Judgement, since you have freedom in what you create.

Edit: Check my previous post for an addendum on my comments on Inhaling Maw.

Last edited:

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yep, you need to raise and point them away from your body, and keep them perfectly straight. And on that note, if anything manages to prevent you from keeping your arms positioned in this way, the technique will fail. And yes, both Judgement and Greater Dark Release would overcome C-Rank Earth and Water. B-Rank would neutralise both. Now, onto the S-Ranks. These are just superior versions of techniques you see in the previous ranks, so if you understand them, you should understand these too.

(Meiton: Kyūkyoku no Kyūketsukō) Dark Release: Ultimate Inhaling Maw
Type: Defensive
Chakra: 40
Description:
The user, when facing an attack, will clap his hands together and separate them right after. As he separates his hands, a small dark sphere will be between them. The user maintains his hands close to sustain the small sphere while it siphons any enemy technique or enemy chakra within range towards itself. The sphere is a "void" made by activating both absorbing markings in the users hand at the same time and opposing them to each other, which creates this effect. This technique is essentially a more advanced and powerful version of Dark Release: Inhaling Maw and enables the user to absorb higher ranked techniques. However, when used, the user needs to wait one turn to use Dark Release absorption related techniques.

This basically allows you to absorb whatever the normal Inhaling Maw and Netherworld Gates cannot. Visually speaking, performing this technique is very similar to how the Deva Path formed the sphere of gravity in his hands when using Chibaku Tensei. The sphere in this technique is simply a mass of Dark chakra connected to the user's palm seals.

(Meiton: Kyūkyoku no Jajjimento) - Dark Release: Ultimate Judgment
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description:
A stronger version of the Dark Release: Judgment technique, the user will convert the absorbed chakra from either two uses of Dark Release: Inhaling Maw or one use of Dark Release: Ultimate Inhaling Maw and then releases it into light blue flames, turning it back on their enemies with amplified strength to blow them away. To do this, the user releases chakra from the markings in both his hands.
Note: Must have absorbed enemy techniques before using.

A stronger version of Dark Release: Judgement. Take note of the requirements for performing this technique.

(Meiton: Chō Kasseiken) - Dark Release: Super Revival Fist
Chakra cost: 40
Damage points: 80
Description: This jutsu works in similar fashion to rasengan. By releasing and gathering dark chakra into one of the users hands, the user can create a dark orb with two dark rings around it (giving an atomic look). The user will then plow the orb into the opponent, resulting in the opponent being with tremendous bone shattering force.

This technique, like Ultimate Inhaling Maw, is slightly different from its lower-ranked counterpart. The normal Revival Fist simply allows you to launch a shapeless, though visible, blast of energy at a target. This technique, as stated in its description, is similar in form and nature to the Rasengan. Think of it as, because the energy is more focused and stronger, it takes on a more defined, condensed form.

Any questions?

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If someone fires a Jutsu behind me, would I still be able to absorb their Jutsu? Like, are Jutsu gravitated towards the mass of Dark chakra or I have to position the mass of Dark chakra towards what I want to absorb?

So, to use this absorb--- "Any" 2 Jutsu using Dark Maw or "Any" 1 Jutsu using Ultimate Maw?

no questions.

and to make sure I have the requirements right, I can absorb any Jutsu of any rank and then use it to release any Dark Release Technique?

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The sphere will absorb anything in front of you within a 180° angle. Netherworld Gates is for protecting your flanks, but the strength of absorption isn't as high, so if you wanna absorb something above the paygrade of Netherworld, you need to be facing that technique and using this jutsu. Also, as clarification on the last sentence in the description, it means that once you use it, you need to wait until your next turn to use a technique which requires an absorption.

Yeah, so the technique encourages you to use UIM, since you can just use it once and be able to use Ultimate Judgement. Remember though, using UIM means that you need to wait till next turn to use techniques requiring an absorption.

Generally speaking, yes. Think of it as, one Dark jutsu per absorption performed. The exceptions to this are absorption techniques like Inhaling Maw and Draining Touch, which don't require Dark chakra to use, and Ultimate Judgement. If you absorb chakra through Draining Touch, this will let you use Dark techniques which don't require you to absorb techniques in order to use them.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
to clarify, In the description, it says Netherworld Gates defend from all sides? And "you need to be facing that technique" --- that's what I wanted to know tho, I understand the rest. thanks. no more questions on that.

Got it.

Understood.

......No more questions