Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I work from home for the largest telecom company of Belgium and today this elderly 80+ year old lady widow called with some questions regarding her billing and services.

It didn't take long for her to start sobbing in such a painful way that it shook me to the core.

She said that she might turn blind soon and she was terrified, absolutely horrified of becoming blind.

Not only that, but due to the great reset agenda, she has been alone ever since and her son doesn't even pick up the phone when she calls. She had surgery so she can't walk for too long and sits inside all day without any social interaction for the past year.

She just flat out told me she didn't want to live anymore; lost her joy completely and just watches tv or something, all day every day.

I know this is a global issue and not only for the elderly but to actually get to hear someone break down on the phone was very hard.

She brought up the fact that she didn't get a card from anyone for christmas and easter so I saved her address, name and phone number and asked my partner to make a nice creative card for the lady and we'll send it to her address.

I have a question: Would it be weird to drive down to her town which is a 40 minute road trip and offer her a short road trip when the weather is nice, knowing full well this is normally not done within the job.

I think its weird and potentially awkward but it might mean a lot to another

Reactions: Infant

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It is not mean and awkward is what you make it. I’m sure she will be too happy and thrilled to feel awkward. Just make sure you don’t go outside of protocol with such a thing as to not get fired or reprimanded, because people’s personal info is not to be used in such a way, but I doubt she will care. 40 minutes, to me, isn’t that far. If I was in a situation to where I had time and got confronted with such a thing, I would probably just go to visit her every month if not every week to make sure she is okay and bring her goodies or things of what she needs. I think that would be a great thing for you to do.

And again, awkward is what you make it. Make her feel great, as her son doesn’t seem to be doing much of that.

Reactions: Infant and YowYan

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very well said. All of it.

I do need to be careful about my approach. This might bring unwanted consequences for my work environment but then again, this particular situation will most definitely be viewed upon as an acceptable gesture.

I'll see what i can do

Reactions: Troi

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
It is not mean and awkward is what you make it. I’m sure she will be too happy and thrilled to feel awkward. Just make sure you don’t go outside of protocol with such a thing as to not get fired or reprimanded, because people’s personal info is not to be used in such a way, but I doubt she will care. 40 minutes, to me, isn’t that far. If I was in a situation to where I had time and got confronted with such a thing, I would probably just go to visit her every month if not every week to make sure she is okay and bring her goodies or things of what she needs. I think that would be a great thing for you to do.

And again, awkward is what you make it. Make her feel great, as her son doesn’t seem to be doing much of that.
To add onto this, I would mail her a few things alongside the card your partner makes. Maybe once a week or spread out along those lines. Those small acts of kindness could help "prepare her," for lack of a better phrase, for a bigger gesture.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Man made systems can only be as good as the wisdom of man allows them to be! (There's more to be said regarding the different types of systems, but that's a general rule)

Unfortunately for men, their needs and specifics were not made by them and extend far beyond the scope of their wisdom. For this reason, it is quite dangerous to lean on arbitrary constructs to cover what people need and satisfy them. People must always go beyond what 'the system' calls for them to do if society is to be well. They must support one another as people and not only as job-holders.

Particularly during times such as these.

Last edited:
Reactions: YowYan