ahmo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, I and a couple of friends have been thinking of creating a forum........, we've got all ideas about how we want it to be. But thats pretty all we've got on ground right now. Ah, what I'm asking is, how do we go about creating it, does it have to be registered,...... I know the questions I gave does not cover nearly a fraction of what I should be asking, but I am retarded when it comes to stuffs like this, so I will greatly appreciate suggestions of any sort...

The Sach

Legendary
Kin
41💸
Kumi
4,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can use phpBB or vbulletin.
PhpBB is free of cost, whereas vbulletin requires money, but in return provides more features.
Vbulletin is used by Narutobase.
Also, you need to get domain name and shit

GandStein

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can use phpBB or vbulletin.
PhpBB is free of cost, whereas vbulletin requires money, but in return provides more features.
Vbulletin is used by Narutobase.
Also, you need to get domain name and shit
The Sach already answered this but let me elaborate a little bit :p (And I know this is an old post, I'm replying just in case anyone else is interested in this sort of stuff)

So a forum is basically a web application (like any program you use on your computer, except it's "Stored" online so anyone can access it). Now, just like how there are many programs that can edit photos on your computer (like MS Paint, GIMP, Photoshop), the same applies to forums! The Sach mentioned the two most popular types of forums for you, and there are quite a few others! Each has its pros and cons and they're too many to list in here... You can simply google "free forum software" and read more about each type available!

After deciding on the type of forum "software" you want to use, you need to find yourself a web hosting service and a domain name. A hosting service basically gives you some online space to store all your good stuff in, and a domain name is the ( ) that defines every website you ever saw :p Most hosting service also offer to give you a domain name, and there are some good FREE web hosting services out there... Just google it and you'll find a ton of these.

After you acquire all of that, you have to upload your forum software to your hosting service and go through the process of installing it, depending on what software you picked.

Now, I'm gonna assume that you're not that well-versed in the business and all what I said only made you even more confused xD So for entry level, I highly recommend going for the option of a forum hosting service. What these guys do is, they give you a hosting service with a domain name and a forum software pre-installed on it! So all you have to do is just register your info and that's it, your forum is up online and ready for editing!
Some of the free forum hosting services I know of include and

(OP, in case you read this) Ganbatte on your forum creation adventure and I wish you the best of luck :D