Crap... i think i might have bought a stolen laptop!?

Princessu Kaaantchan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok long story short i wa son my balcony and there was aguy at the soda macjine my dogs were barking at who had nice laptop under his arm = Compaq Presario c571nr = i had told him im isse dmy laptop (r.i.p) he told me he was selling his for 300 caus ehe needed to pay a bill ,well i said i'd buy for 250 AS I TOOK IT OUT OF MY RENT MONIES he said done deal =NOT THINKING= then my buddy had said "maybe it's stolen"? well it got me thinking and worrying as it seemed so innocent as it was in my apt complex. Anyway i am worried it is being tracked and i will get my self in a situation, I am very PARANOID and i am using someone elses unsecured WIFI, I could be right or i could be just SPOOKED either way i need some advice. I feel sorry for the person if it is stolen but i just spent 250 on it and all i know about this guy is "P"for a name i don't even know if he lives here. I made a wrong decision without thinking and i am also 250 down on RENT due tomorrow so i don't want to sell it if it's stolen.so does anyone have any advice PLEASE
!!!!!!!!1 =PS: If it is being tracked can they track me to my apt if i am not using my own wifi network...?

well i was expecting a check today an dit didn't come so that's why i made that decision in the first place.. And thankyou for your answer i'm still wondering if they can track you on another persons network..

and there is absolutely no sign of nay name on here as if is new

hahah thanks ardy i don't have any discs to install or can i restore from memory?

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. Search Laptop for nudes
2. Send friend the nudes
3. Sell Nudes to undisclosed buyer
4. You get your rent money back and a free laptop.

You must be registered for see images

animals74

Regular
Kin
14💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
why buy a laptop, or anything, knowing you'll be late for rent? thats really irresponsible and inconsiderate towards your landlord/owner
cant help but think this is a troll post

Wabbit

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dont worry, laptops dont have anything that makes them traceable like IMEI or GPS unless externally installed. You are safe as long as some one does not recognize it or that theife tells the owner spits out about selling it to you.
If you can find the owner better return it.