Couldn't Obito summon Gedo Mazo w/o Rinnegan?

The Hidden Shinobi

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
than danzo pretty much can, ?
Well according to madara yh but it may of just been a translation mistake most likely is. But nagato had little - none uchiha dna apart from madara's eyes yet he could still summon the mazou. But I don't think he could control it as well as tobi can. So maybe the translation is correct.

Look here 1st 2 panels

You must be registered for see images

OnPoint

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara managed to unlock the seal on Gedō Mazō only once he'd awakened the Rinnegan [ ]; possessing only the DNA of a Rikudō did nothing for him. It makes sense for the ability to summon the statue to be exclusive to Rinnegan wielders, since it's name literally means the 'Demonic Statue of the Outer Path'. Obito could still control it, but I doubt he'd be able to summon it without this particular dōjutsu.

The Hidden Shinobi

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara managed to unlock the seal on Gedō Mazō only once he'd awakened the Rinnegan [ ]; possessing only the DNA of a Rikudō did nothing for him. It makes sense for the ability to summon the statue to be exclusive to Rinnegan wielders, since it's name literally means the 'Demonic Statue of the Outer Path'. Obito could still control it, but I doubt he'd be able to summon it without this particular dōjutsu.
If the translation on Naruto base is correct then the following things can be stated:

1) You need senju and uchiha dna to awaken the rinnegan.
2) You can "control" the mazou with only senju dna and with only uchiha dna but you cannot control it properly
3) If you have senju and uchiha dna, you can control the mazou. (No mention of rinnegan.)

If the translation is wrong then so are those 3 points.

First 2 panels.

OnPoint

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If the translation on Naruto base is correct then the following things can be stated:

1) You need senju and uchiha dna to awaken the rinnegan.
2) You can "control" the mazou with only senju dna and with only uchiha dna but you cannot control it properly
3) If you have senju and uchiha dna, you can control the mazou. (No mention of rinnegan.)

If the translation is wrong then so are those 3 points.

First 2 panels.

Summoning it and controlling it are not the same things. The manga implies that Obito could control it with the Rikudō blood, not summon it.

The Hidden Shinobi

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Summoning it and controlling it are not the same things. The manga implies that Obito could control it with the Rikudō blood, not summon it.
Actually I 100% agree with you, read what you said just now

But it makes sense those 3 things because it seems nagato could summon it perfectly but couldn't control it as obito can to attack and so on.

And funny enough nagato has little to none uchiha dna.

So it seems you need rinnegan to summon it and you need uchiha and senju dna to control it. I think we can conclude that.

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The original was summoned from the MOON. This was performed by Madara only AFTER HE OBTAINED THE RINNEGAN. He could not and did not summon the body until after his doujutsu changed. I dont think Obito could summon it with just the DNA.
As Madara stated, the Rinnegan allowed him to break the seal put on the Gedo Mazo, so the Rinnegan is probably only needed to break the seal on the Gedo Mazo, not summon it.

So basically, Rinnegan is needed to break the initial seal, and after that seal is broken, you can summon it if you have Senju/Uchiha DNA or Rinnegan.

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I found a better translated scan (***********) and it says that he can use the Gedo Mazo w/o Rinnegan.