[Theory] Could Enel be connected to Wano?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Someone posted this pic for me in another thread and it made me think of something
You must be registered for see images

That's Gedatsu, one of Enel's priests. Notice how similar his hair is to raizou.

They have the same hair style with Raizou's being a little smaller but he even has the part that goes straight up in the middle of their head. Also Gedatsu wears a sash/belt that is white with a red dot resembling the Japanese flag.

Now I don't remember if it was explained how sky islands become inhabited in OP but I know the Birkans origin wasn't explained. It makes sense to assume sky island citizens are descendants of people from islands on the Earth who found a way to the sky islands. I'm wondering if Enel and the Birkans(or at least Gedatsu)'s ancestors were from Wano?

I made my reasoning for Gedatsu above but Enel has some possible indicators as well. I'm talking about his taiko drums with their tomoe symbols. Both of which are Japanese and associated with the samurai era. Oh shit and I just realized while looking at Gedatsu's picture, the houses Enel's group had looked like the houses of Japan during samurai times.

Last edited:

Vandenre1ch

Veteran
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Enel has no connection but he has references. Kaidou and his crew are based off the Mongols and their invasions of Japan was believed to be stopped by Raijin. Kaidou also has references to the Greek Typhon who was defeated by Zeus.