NaNaNaaaaa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have recently aquired two sets of copics but the problem is the paper, I have been using Aquafine but its so expensive I'm afraid to draw. I did find one book that pens worked well on but the paper ate Ink. I have tried copy paper but the pens just streak, they must have really good copy paper in Japan thats all I can say.

I live in the UK so a lot of paper sujested is not available and the paper in Copic pads does not work all that well, suprisingly and is very thin and I hate thin paper, it creases inhumanly.

I was thinking about trying cheaper watercolour paper, what would your paper sugestions be?

Reactions: Chie

Υαmí

Legendary
Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have recently aquired two sets of copics but the problem is the paper, I have been using Aquafine but its so expensive I'm afraid to draw. I did find one book that pens worked well on but the paper ate Ink. I have tried copy paper but the pens just streak, they must have really good copy paper in Japan thats all I can say.

I live in the UK so a lot of paper sujested is not available and the paper in Copic pads does not work all that well, suprisingly and is very thin and I hate thin paper, it creases inhumanly.

I was thinking about trying cheaper watercolour paper, what would your paper sugestions be?
I used mixed media paper by Strathmore. 11x14.

NaNaNaaaaa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
.......hmmmmmmmmm....I live in the states....I only know so much...damn. Couldn't you buy some offline?
Where I live there is a small food store, an overpriced hardware store and a post office LOL

BTW did you draw the picture in your signature?

How many pages usually to a Strathmore mixed media pad?

Υαmí

Legendary
Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Where I live there is a small food store, an overpriced hardware store and a post office LOL

BTW did you draw the picture in your signature?

How many pages usually to a Strathmore mixed media pad?
That sounds decilet.

No, I didn't, sadly. I could look at it and copy it, but thats it. I wish I ha photographic memory.

There's around 15 pages. But that's not much, tbh.

NaNaNaaaaa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
decilet?

I'm the same, my drawing is only beginner to intermediate so copying is often the best I can do and my main problem is perspective Grr I hate perspective and I can't find a good book or tutorial. Perspective and head heights, I can never get where the lines go for the hip and neck and that

Well, Aquafine which works beautifully has 12, do the markers streak on Strathmore?

~Mara~

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
oh i use a sketchbook made by Daler Rowney and another by Winsor both work just fine be sure the papers are smothhh so they don't mess up your copics :)