[Theory] Confirmation that some Scabbards will die during Act 3 of the Wano Act!

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
{NOT MINE, JUST WANTED TO SHARE!!}

Basically I've been Team "a tragedy is going to happen in Act 3 of Wano and the raid on Onigashima will fail" for a very long time now and this has not changed even now, and the reason for this is because it is very likely that the Wano Arc is based off of the Kabuki play structure, which apparently has 5 parts to it.

- "Jo" - Known as the first act, which a slow opening into the story, introducing us the characters etc.

- "Ha" Known as Act2-Act4, in which the pace of the arc speeds up (the action in particular) leading up to a great dramatic moment or tragedy in Act 3 (*very much feels like we at the lead up to this tragedy giving the action has significantly picked up as at the current chapter - Chapter 1006). Apparently battles are common in Act 2 and Act 4

- "Kyu", Known as Act 5, which wraps up the story in a quick and satisfying manner ^^

Reference:

Even now, for various reasons, I still think the raid on Onigahshima will fail but that isn't the main discussion point of this theory so let's get to the nitty gritty.

I think we are gonna have a few character deaths during this potential tragedy in act 3 of the Wano Arc

Till now I've speculated on a few:
- Luffy (coz of Hawkins prediction of He and Zoro's chances of being alive two months from when they arrived on Onigashima being 19%. Plus Hawkin's prediction during the Onigahsima raid about a someone, having a 0% chance of survival. I think this was defo Luffy as Hawkins has been interested in Luffy for the longest)

- Law (due to the whole immortal surgery ting, there have been a lot of speculation about his death and him potentially using it to save Luffy)

- The Scabbards (cause we all knew they were gonna take an L to Kaidou when they challenged him and also coz of the prediction of a tragedy on Wano. I mean if some characters were gonna die, out of the group in this list, the scabbards have the highest chances of doing so coz sadly they don't have as much plot armor as the prior two)

Anywho! putting aside the Luffy & Law bit for now, let's talk the scabbards~!

The notion that all the scabbards or a few of them will be dying in Act 3 I think gained the most steam when someone speculated on the following panel potentially indicating that certain scabbards will be the ones to kick the bucket
Tbh, can't remember if I noticed this myself from seeing the panel or I noticed thanks to someone speculating on it but it doesn't really matter lol (In case y'all have never heard this idea using this panel before then I'm probably bugging😂 but feels like I heard it from someone else :p)
You must be registered for see images

So basically the idea from this is that the scabbards that are shaded out will be kicking the bucket at some point during this arc. I mean why shade them out? lol Plus Oden is shaded out and he's dead. Another thing that is really sus about this panel is that Kin'emon isn't shaded out. The man has god tier plot armor 🤣. Plus he can't really die before meeting his wife can he :p

So basically from this we can take that Inuarashi, O-kiku, and Ashuradouji will die at some point in this arc

So yh that's good and all but now y'all that are caught up to the manga are thinking, "well all of the scabbards survived their fight with Kaidou🤷‍♂️ so it's very unlikely that they die" right?

Not gonna lie for a min, the whole idea of the scabbards dying had kinda died down for me as well with them surviving Kaidou's onslaught but then in the the spoilers for Chapter 1007 something really odd but interesting happened which I won't be talking about here :p but I think is gonna be a prelude for the tragedy in act 3, so I thought of the following panel and then I noticed what I think solidifies the aforementioned theory of certain scabbards dying or at the very least makes it seem like a very real possibility that some of them will be dying

This is it:

You must be registered for see images

Have any of you noticed anything interesting in the panel above in relation to the first panel I shared in this thread? :p

Here Kin'emon basically says he feels like he's gonna die as he's used up all of his luck from that one lucky break at the start of the Onigashima raid. Won't spoil it here but y'all that read the manga know what I'm on about😂.

And then in response some scabbards say they won't allow Kin to die alone and that it he dies, they die with him.

What is very interesting about this panel is that the ones that say this are, Kiku, Inuarashi and Ashuradouji. The same characters that were shaded out in the initial panel in this thread~!

Isn't this too much of a coincidence.

Imo it isn't :p. This is Oda lowkey dropping hints in the story 😁

So yh, if any of those characters are your favs, I'll be very worried about them if I were you

If I had to make a prediction the aforementioned characters will prolly die protecting Kin but well we'll see.

Something else to note is that, Inu is the only mink shaded out so even if he dies, Neko will still be around to lead the minks which makes sense as we can't have both Mink leaders dying. Another interesting thing to note is that the characters that have spent the most time with Momo since the ts are also not shaded out, Kin, Kanjuro and Raizou which makes sense, as some of the retainers need to be around whenever Momo succeeds to the throne and those 3 remaining alive makes a lot of sense to me personally. Then there is Kawamatsu. I guess you could argue it'd be a bit too sad for Onimaru if the second person he's warmed up to dies but I still have one more idea as to why he's being kept alive but won't state it here as it is a major spoiler in the Wano act for those that don't read the manga ^^.

Another ting to note is that Oda and his editors have said that this war in the wano arc will make the Marineford war look cute in comparison and that the SHs will be facing the biggest challenge they've ever faced in the series.

During Marineford both Ace and Whitebeard died, so it'd be weird if we didn't get any casualties too right?

Not that I doubt Oda's sheer stubbornness to kill off characters but still🤣

Anywho! Would love to hear y'alls thoughts on this~! Hope you enjoyed the read 😁

• Haha
Reactions: minamoto