Kooljay

Veteran
Kin
3,532💸
Kumi
7,534💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
While my computer was logging into an account the power source was turned off. Now the computer won't book. It makes it to a black screen with a movable cursor. Safe Modes don't work as they do the same. When loading drivers it stops at crcdisck. For some reason the computer can revert back to a time the computer did work. I don't have the disks.

The computer is a Gateway Vista.

Help?

-Yard-

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That would be either a windows update problem (Which you should have disabled) or a gpu driver problem. Restart while pressing F8 and go into safe mode with networking. Uninstall your video driver and reinstall it.

Fapulous

Regular
Kin
13💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
While my computer was logging into an account the power source was turned off. Now the computer won't book. It makes it to a black screen with a movable cursor. Safe Modes don't work as they do the same. When loading drivers it stops at crcdisck. For some reason the computer can revert back to a time the computer did work. I don't have the disks.

The computer is a Gateway Vista.

Help?

I found your problem. You're using Vista.

But seriously, is it doing this every time you boot it?

Have you recently installed anything?

What exactly are you looking at when you attempt to start the computer.

Additional information is necessary.

Kooljay

Veteran
Kin
3,532💸
Kumi
7,534💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That would be either a windows update problem (Which you should have disabled) or a gpu driver problem. Restart while pressing F8 and go into safe mode with networking. Uninstall your video driver and reinstall it.
I can't get into safe mode. I tries to load the drivers and stops at crcdisk.

I found your problem. You're using Vista.

But seriously, is it doing this every time you boot it?

Have you recently installed anything?

What exactly are you looking at when you attempt to start the computer.

Additional information is necessary.
Yes it happens every time I try to boot it.

Nothing recently was installed.

Heres what I see:

I turn on the computer, the Gateway name and logo comes up. Then it goes into windows error recovery which says Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, and Sade Mode with Command Prompt, and start windows normally.

If I enter safe mode then it starts loading a bunch of stuff and then stops at crcdisk. Then it goes to a black screen where all I can do it move the visible mouse cursor.

If I start windows normally then it goes straight to the black screen with the movable mouse cursor.

I've tried reseting it back to a point when it worked but my computer said it didnt have a point saved. I also ran a system error check up but it couldnt find anything wrong.