Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Primarily from the Clown's point of view:

1. Nico informs Souta about the one-eyed king/owl.

{Ch. 78 }

You must be registered for see images

Souta requests Nico to keep in contact with the clowns.

2. Kaneki raids the ghoul restaurant.

Souta witnesses Kanekipede's capabilities:

He somehow managed to escape even though Banjou & company were blocking the exits: so it's likely that Souta was familiar with others.

3. Roma, who was likely sent by Souta or Itori, gets hired at Anteiku.​
She mentions hearing the rumours about the Ghoul restaurant raid.

Note: She also goes to school with Nishiki & company:

4. Meanwhile, Itori & Kaneki at Helter Skelter
She gets mad because that lost treasure trove of information was Souta.

Kaneki presents the Cochlea escapees. Itori notices Roma on there.
{Ch. 86 }

Nico suggests that the one-eyed king is Eto to Kaneki.

5. Kaneki continues searching for hints on Rize throughout the other wards.​
This results in the Kanou raid. After that, Kaneki seeks insight from Uta and Yomo.

Kaneki decides to visit the 20th ward to speak with Yoshimura.

He returns to Anteiku.

6. Kaneki returns, Roma panics

Roma gets shocked and starts panicking because by this point she would have informed Furuta about Kaneki not being in the 20th ward.

She starts wondering what the manager and Kaneki are talking about.

Panicking Roma:

Kaneki leaves.

7. Kaneki and Touka reunite​

He ponders whether or not he should stay at Anteiku.
They have a minor scuffle; Touka beats Kaneki and tells him not to return to Anteiku.

Kaneki's abrupt announcement:

8. Meanwhile at the CCG,
Yoshitoki mentions his investigation's success and concludes that there are two owls.

He requests Marude to partake in this operation as a Vice Commander.

9. Back to Anteiku,​
Roma pleading for information again.
[
Roma the Clown said:
Eh!? Kaneki-san is returning?! Oh no!!
Yoshimura mentions that it's up to Kaneki to decide.

10. Yoshitoki and Marude request approval for "Owl Countermeasure Team" and Owl execution plan"

Nice checkerboard tiles to complement the checkerboard shirt.

Sidenote:
Meanwhile, Yoshitoki sends some Blood Sake to Itori:

It's also derived from the ghoul solution that Eto mentioned: {Ch. 115 }
Eto said:
The Director of Sphinx and the CCG had a secret relationship.
Next few chapters: CCG writing their wills and Juuzou's backstory
Subtlely foreshadowing Seidou's ghoulfication:

11. V Confronts Kuzen​

They ask about the brat's (Eto) whereabouts. Kuzen lies about having a child so they give him a death threat.
{Ch. 125 }
They learned about Eto being the Aogiri Tree's leader from Souta.

Kuzen betrays V by not telling them about Eto's whereabouts; V contacts Yoshitoki to continue on with the Anteiku raid.

V said:
This is your final warning.

12. Anteiku raid begins immediatedly after​

13. Unknownst to the CCG, Kaneki is in the 20th ward and decides to help Anteiku.​

These two panels go well together.
{Ch. 126 }

14. Yoshitoki's major miscalculation:

CCG reports a mysterious ghoul (Kaneki) attacking second and third squad.

Yoshitoki suspects it's Kaneki.
Yoshitoki the Clown said:
No.. is it that guy?
-

CCG mentions the centipede. Yoshitoki's shock, this wasn't in his calculations.

Arima confronts Kaneki; he captures him. He arrives late to the battle against Eto. Eto escapes with Yoshimura. Anteiku raid over.

13. Anteiku Raid Aftermath
Arima is granted rights on Haise/Kaneki.

Yoshitoki holds his laughter.

15. Yoshitoki returns to Helter Skelter to reunite with the Pierrot​

Yoshitoki vigourously tickles Roma for not informing him on time. Itori drinks the blood sake that he had brought.

Conclusion:
Roma was sent to Anteiku to siphon information. She then would exchange any necessary information on Anteiku (primarily Kaneki and Kuzen) to Furuta or Itori. This information would eventually arrive to YoshiSouta and V.

Flow of information:
Roma -> Furuta -> Souta/Yoshitoki -> V
Kaneki's abrupt return caused Roma to panic because she was aware that the CCG/Yoshitoki had probably already confirmed or approved the Anteiku raid.
There was no time to inform Furuta about Kaneki's return. As a result, Yoshitoki did not calculate Kanekipede's arrival and the raid did not occur as smoothly as planned.

V's main concern was the Aogiri Tree's leader/King. Souta (Nico whispered to him) informed V about the second owl, Eto.

Once Yoshitoki had the Anteiku plan ready, V gave Kuzen an opportunity to reveal Eto's whereabouts. Kuzen betrays V by refusing to comply so V gave the final prompt for the Anteiku plan to set in motion.

Why was it so important to know where Kaneki was?

Kaneki was the wrench in this entire raid.

As Hirako lamented:
Hirako said:
the One-eyed Owl (Eto) might've been defeated, if only the centipede didn't appear.

Alternatively, V's death threat and the Anteiku raid are coincidences, just like the steel beam incident.

Alternatively, Roma was at Anteiku because she really likes coffee.

Alternatively, Furuta was at Kami because it's a great studying atmosphere.

Thoughts? Questions? Do you agree with these connections?

Reactions: Rohan and Arima

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So foruta might end up betraying Kaneki in re

so V is trying to kill all ghouls as well ? Or just organizations like Aogori. Those clowns sure are sneaky I hope they keep surprising us

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If Souta is Yoshitoki, why doesn't he have some of that beard on where his jaw bone ends? Also, Yoshitoki's hair is longer on the back of his head.

I definitely don't think the Clowns are involved with V, especially since the last chapter proved V are, at least to an extend, aware of what the One-Eyed King is, and in the first scan Souta is oblivious and Nico told him something (presumably) false. Good read, though.

Last edited:

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If Souta is Yoshitoki, why doesn't he have some of that beard on where his jaw bone ends? Also, Yoshitoki's hair is longer on the back of his head.

I definitely don't think the Clowns are involved with V, especially since the last chapter proved V are, at least to an extend, aware of what the One-Eyed King is, and in the first scan Souta is oblivious and Nico told him something (presumably) false. Good read, though.
What if the victory sign that Souta mockingly did to Rize was actually a simply V though.

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What if the victory sign that Souta mockingly did to Rize was actually a simply V though.
That's a little too obvious, plus I really don't want the clowns to turn out being just another V faction - in the true sense of ''The Clowns'', they shouldn't be allied with anyone or be a part of any organization. They're the ones who laugh last, they don't care for balance between humans and ghouls, they only care about what's fun for them.

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
An excellent theory my friend. I do believe that Yoshitoki can be Souta now, at least it would certainly make for a better plotwist.

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

so V is trying to kill all ghouls as well ? Or just organizations like Aogori. Those clowns sure are sneaky I hope they keep surprising us
I do not think that's their purpose. They rather keep them alive but always as a threat to humanity. In that way they get funds from the govenrment. If anything, the whole CCG seems more like an allegory of propaganda that is used to overthrow the current status quo. Japan is democratic, yet in the story, such conditions are met that professional killers are legal and let's not forget that many of them are downright psychos. Mado, Furuta's ex partner, Juuzo used to be... Besides, the lastest chapters revealed to us that even the law system has set some pretty strict conditions such as death penalty for whoever helps a ghoul.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agent Phrank

Mudo

Immortal
Kin
355💸
Kumi
11,278💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting connections you've made and they make sense. Only time will tell if they turn out to be true I guess. :p Although, what are the connections you've made between Souta and Yoshitoki? Besides them (sort of) having the same hair? xD

Agent Phrank

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Re:alize the Bird Cage

If Souta is Yoshitoki, why doesn't he have some of that beard on where his jaw bone ends?
Show me a scan of Souta's jawline. His mask covers his face entirely.

Also, Yoshitoki's hair is longer on the back of his head.
Hair growth over time.

Just like how Nico started growing a beard since the time he confronted Kaneki at Helter Skelter:

Yoshitoki knows how to handle hair.

What matters is that Nico was aware of Eto's status among the Aogiri Tree and that she is a one-eyed owl. He might have "lied" about stating that Eto is "probably" the one-eyed king.

V was under the impression that there was only One (Yoshimura) one-eyed owl. On the other side, they had Arima.

Overpowered Owl vs Overpowered CCG agent.

Balance maintained.

However, V learned that there's actually . And now the equilibrium is disrupted.

What does V do?

Contact Yoshimura. "So where's the brat?" Yoshimura "doesn't know" of a so-called brat or child. Final Warning.

Then...

Contact Washuu and tell them to conduct the Anteiku Raid.

However, thanks to Kaneki, Eto(one-eyed owl) managed to save Yoshimura (one-eyed owl)

CCG failed to capture either of them.

The equilibrium is unstable. V thinks. What does V do?

Contact Arima, tell him that they're interesting in recruiting Kaneki.

Balance will be temporarily restored once again.

Interesting connections you've made and they make sense. Only time will tell if they turn out to be true I guess. :p Although, what are the connections you've made between Souta and Yoshitoki? Besides them (sort of) having the same hair? xD
Don't worry, this is part 1 of 5 major threads.
Damn man, this is really elaborate theory, I enjoyed reading it.
Glad you enjoyed reading it.

That's a little too obvious, plus I really don't want the clowns to turn out being just another V faction
They're agents of chaos. They simply trade information with whomever.

- in the true sense of ''The Clowns'', they shouldn't be allied with anyone or be a part of any organization. They're the ones who laugh last, they don't care for balance between humans and ghouls, they only care about what's fun for them.
I don't think you understand the Clowns. Why did Itori get butthurt when she learned that Kaneki trashed the ghoul restaurant? Why was Souta concerned about the one eyed ghoul/king and about Nico ignoring his calls?
Why did Roma whimper when Kaneki returned? Why did she squeal when the manager refused to tell them anything about the conversation he had?

What makes the Clowns so dangerous is that they understand the value of information more than anyone else. They're a group of ~ 5 who ambitiously seek as much insight as they can regardless if it's about the CCG, , V, Rize, , Anteiku, or . They use this information to get what they want. This is how they accomplish their goals.

It's similar to the interrogation system (Donato for example)- The CCG provides them services as long as they give suitable information and insight on requested cases. This is exactly what the Clowns specialize in and this is how they've maintained their neutrality throughout this chaos.

The greatest misconception is assuming that the Clowns are simply doing things "for fun." There is a greater plan amidst their hedonistic endeavors.

What if Rizenwas working with V and that's why they got her. Uuuu snap
Or Rize is a descendant of some rival bloodline.

That's an interesting way to look at it but it might be the other way around if Kaneki gets recruited by V.

An old saying... said:
Keep your friends closer but keep your enemies closer.
- -
so V is trying to kill all ghouls as well ? Or just organizations like Aogori.
They're trying to sustain an equilibrium among ghouls and humans. This is what - the limits set upon the coexistence between humanity and the ghoul world.

In a more practical sense, they're the ones who ultimately supervise the CCG while keeping connections with ghouls and other powerful agents such as Yoshimura, Arima, Furuta, and soon Kaneki.

This is why the existence of the one-eyed is such a nuisance to them.

Think of them as an anonymous referee trying to make the game last as long as possible. Or think about playing the game of monopoly, except without the "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.

Those clowns sure are sneaky I hope they keep surprising us
Oh that's definitely guaranteed.

Well said. There's also Souta's beautiful Trump card: the Five of Hearts

The one who cultivates this Distorted Bird Cage is:
Help him find Hetare.

= =

I do not think that's their purpose. They rather keep them alive but always as a threat to humanity. In that way they get funds from the govenrment.
100% true. The one who profits from this tragedy is none other than V's leader, Ogura Hisashi.
I've bought over 50 copies of this amazing book and you should too. All the funds go directly to supporting the bird cage.

The First reference to the Clown Gang:

Last edited:

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: alize the Bird Cage

Show me a scan of Souta's jawline. His mask covers his face entirely.

AgentPhrank said:
Hair growth over time.
Uh, what? Refer to the above scan. That was after the Anteiku raid, of which Yoshitoki was the commander.

But I guess you'll be telling me that immediately after the fight he shaved and gave himself a little haircut, even though Yoshitoki has always had that same hairstyle and beard, but I guess it's not far-fetched.

Agent Phrank said:
I don't think you understand the Clowns. Why did Itori get butthurt when she learned that Kaneki trashed the ghoul restaurant? Why was Souta concerned about the one eyed ghoul/king and about Nico ignoring his calls?
Why did Roma whimper when Kaneki returned? Why did she squeal when the manager refused to tell them anything about the conversation he had?

What makes the Clowns so dangerous is that they understand the value of information more than anyone else. They're a group of ~ 5 who ambitiously seek as much insight as they can regardless if it's about the CCG, , V, Rize, , Anteiku, or . They use this information to get what they want. This is how they accomplish their goals.
And why exactly do the clowns want more information? Uour theory clearly implies they know and even work for V, they obviously know almost all there is to know about the ghoul world, and they know everything about the CCG, based on your theory and their involvement of V, who in turn pull CCG's strings. I'll change the question: what more do the clowns want to know? Is there even anything worthwhile left? Plus, the final clown gathering in the original TG made it more or less clear what the clowns covet - fun, tragedy, to have the last laugh, and I guess be informed to stay on top of things.

Agent Phrank

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Re: alize the Bird Cage

Uh, what? Refer to the above scan. That was after the Anteiku raid, of which Yoshitoki was the commander.

But I guess you'll be telling me that immediately after the fight he shaved and gave himself a little haircut, even though Yoshitoki has always had that same hairstyle and beard, but I guess it's not far-fetched.
Yoshitoki's beard doesn't extend that far. It's more of a goatee than a beard:

Alternatively: Furuta gets a haircut and flips his hair to the right everytime he puts a clown mask on but I guess it's not far-fetched.

And why exactly do the clowns want more information? Uour theory clearly implies they know and even work for V, they obviously know almost all there is to know about the ghoul world, and they know everything about the CCG, based on your theory and their involvement of V, who in turn pull CCG's strings. I'll change the question: what more do the clowns want to know?
There is still a lot to learn. Itori only recognized Kanou as an autopsy doctor and the "One-eye" was mearly an urban legend until Kaneki appeared.

Heterosis is still a mystery: Itori mentioned the caveats and we have yet to see the second example: Ghoul Mother + Human Father.

They have connections with V and vice-versa. Yoshitoki still hasn't disclosed everything to the Clowns.

Heck, even Uta doesn't understand or know who the boss is. Yoshitoki is keeping an eye on him.

Is there even anything worthwhile left? Plus, the final clown gathering in the original TG made it more or less clear what the clowns covet - fun, tragedy, to have the last laugh
The clowns want revenge.

and I guess be informed to stay on top of things.
You're doubting yourself.

Last edited:

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks for the explanation Prank and B appreciated.

Now, I wanna ask you guys this, you think Hide is in any shape or form a part of any of these organizations?

Ciao

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
there are a lot of factions in TG so its hard to keep up with what's what

here are the main factions IMO:

• Aogri Tree - Ghoul supremacist group with no hidden alliances
  • CCG - Human law enforcement group with double/triple agents within the agency
  • Clowns - Not 100% confirmed ghoul only group only concerned with creating chaos and self preservation
  • Anteiku loyalists - Ghoul/half ghoul group with no violent intentions; prefer to live under the radar
  • V - Human/Ghoul/Half ghoul group with intentions of maintaining balance, self preservation, and secrecy
  • Miscellanous ghouls - fodder ghoul with no apparent allegiance
  • Independent operators - ghouls/humans/half ghouls who are working for themselves; might be affiliated with a group but not truly loyal
i don't think the clowns really cared if anteiku was raided because i don't see what they could've gained by it unless it as simply for just the sake of creating chaos

i think souta got info from roma and then went to V with it. V then used their connections inside the CCG to commence the raid on Anteiku because of Kuzen's insubordination. It was just a way to destroy everything Kuzen cared about.

also finally i think Souta = Furuta
I know you think its Yoshiwhateverthe**** his name is but I was the same way about Tobi=Obito
Sometimes its supposed to be obvious