Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️
it didn't sound dirty at all X_X

Hey Hey! Let's get this rolling Darui, we need you on the front lines so you must master this style! What do you know about Cloud Kenjutsu?

Deviation

Legendary
Kin
243💸
Kumi
171💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Cloud Kenjutsu is a special category in sword techniques usable only by members of Kumogakure (the usergroup not just bio). Based on observation, the style seems to revolve around employing wide, fire-enhanced slashes as well as the use of misdirection such as shadow clones or the Body Replacement Technique. From what I remember, we didn't really start seeing its use until the last ninja world war and more specifically by one person - Omoi of Kumogakure. We've added our own flavor to it but considering not many people have delved into it there's not much to use. It's still a bonus for us sword practitioners although I would assume most of the techniques can't be used by samurai.

Akuma

Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️
You would be right. As for any more introduction, I don't believe it is required, given I kow more than well about your Kenjutsu experience and prowess. It's only natural to move onto the sweet bits.

( Kumo-Ryū Damashigiri no Jutsu ) - Cloud Style Deception Beheading Technique
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: Using the Body Replacement Technique to feign being attack, the user then takes advantage of their opponent's momentary shock, and charges forward with a lateral sword slash.
Note: Can only be used or taught by a Kumogakure bio.

Tell me everything you can about this technique. In what situation is it best used in, naturally in a way were you can make the best out of it's rapid movements. Any pros and cons as well.

Deviation

Legendary
Kin
243💸
Kumi
171💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You would be right. As for any more introduction, I don't believe it is required, given I kow more than well about your Kenjutsu experience and prowess. It's only natural to move onto the sweet bits.

(Kumo-Ryū Damashigiri no Jutsu) - Cloud Style Deception Beheading Technique
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: Using the Body Replacement Technique to feign being attack, the user then takes advantage of their opponent's momentary shock, and charges forward with a lateral sword slash.
Note: Can only be used or taught by a Kumogakure bio.

Tell me everything you can about this technique. In what situation is it best used in, naturally in a way were you can make the best out of it's rapid movements. Any pros and cons as well.

Based on observation, once the opponent performs an attack, the user replaces himself with an object, namely a wooden log like we have seen throughout the series. In the cover of the smoke cloud, the user emerges forward and deals a sword strike known as a deceptive slice which is meant to take advantage of the momentary shock your opponent should experience. This is best used as a first move to set the tone for the battle. Most opponents who encounter a sword user expect for them to be visible and approachable (in the sense that if they want to launch an attack, then you are in their view and not hiding like most standard shinobi and their attacks). In general, using more advanced deception in swordplay ensures your enemy is caught by surprise either by the attack itself or the setup it becomes a part of.

Anyways, what I noticed is this can also be used to as a diversion if the user becomes overwhelmed early on or wishes to increase the difficulty of the exchange. This particular move would best work when your opponent appears to have the upper hand in the fight as the quick deception could easily break his concentration allowing you to turn the tide. I would exercise caution in using this move too often as your opponent could easily work around it using his ninjutsu (i.e. lightning, water, earth, fire, wind, etc.). One thing I have to note is how Omoi used it. While being attacked from the back, he used the technique to escape and then perform a frontal attack. Of course it still required him to turn to see the attack happening but still quite effective. If used with a form of sensory, the user can really use this effectively and efficiently don't you think? I don't know how effective a doujutsu could work but I would say it would be pretty close no?

As far as cons go...it's a simple move really and can be countered properly if one uses their perceptive skills or simple deductive reasoning (depends on the level of intelligence of the character). Which is why I recommend it be used with caution and tact.

I wonder though, considering it uses the body replacement technique, does it count as one of the uses for it?

Akuma

Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️

Based on observation, once the opponent performs an attack, the user replaces himself with an object, namely a wooden log like we have seen throughout the series. In the cover of the smoke cloud, the user emerges forward and deals a sword strike known as a deceptive slice which is meant to take advantage of the momentary shock your opponent should experience. This is best used as a first move to set the tone for the battle. Most opponents who encounter a sword user expect for them to be visible and approachable (in the sense that if they want to launch an attack, then you are in their view and not hiding like most standard shinobi and their attacks). In general, using more advanced deception in swordplay ensures your enemy is caught by surprise either by the attack itself or the setup it becomes a part of.

Anyways, what I noticed is this can also be used to as a diversion if the user becomes overwhelmed early on or wishes to increase the difficulty of the exchange. This particular move would best work when your opponent appears to have the upper hand in the fight as the quick deception could easily break his concentration allowing you to turn the tide. I would exercise caution in using this move too often as your opponent could easily work around it using his ninjutsu (i.e. lightning, water, earth, fire, wind, etc.). One thing I have to note is how Omoi used it. While being attacked from the back, he used the technique to escape and then perform a frontal attack. Of course it still required him to turn to see the attack happening but still quite effective. If used with a form of sensory, the user can really use this effectively and efficiently don't you think? I don't know how effective a doujutsu could work but I would say it would be pretty close no?

As far as cons go...it's a simple move really and can be countered properly if one uses their perceptive skills or simple deductive reasoning (depends on the level of intelligence of the character). Which is why I recommend it be used with caution and tact.

I wonder though, considering it uses the body replacement technique, does it count as one of the uses for it?
Under any form of sensory, yes this would be used it it's extreme potential, as it would create even harder situations for the enemy to perceive it within the required time to counter properly. And I do believe it counts torwards one of the blody henge uses.

This is a very simple and basic technique. The only notable diference from a regular slow slash, is the attack is performed more rapidly and with precision, making fine cuts and accurate ones.

( Kumo-Ryū Omotegiri ) - Cloud-Style Front Beheading
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage: 30
Description: The user slashes forwards in front of them with their sword to strike the enemy target.
Note: Can only be used by a Cloud Member bio or be trained by one.

The technique below is pretty useful in air-tight situations as shown by a Kumo shinobi in the war, when facing deidara and sasori. It offers a rapid counter to attacks from the back while also sending a strong attack torwards the opponent. With high movements and a sensory means, the user can make this catch the target off-guard and perhaps, even if not landed, can open up for a second attack.

( Kumo-Ryū Uragiri ) – Cloud Style Reverse Beheading
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: The user makes a powerful spin and uses the momentum created to slash at any opponents behind them. The user can use this movement to trick an enemy into thinking they are attacking them, but instead attack the opponent behind them.
Note: Can only be used by a cloud member bio or trained by one.

Deviation

Legendary
Kin
243💸
Kumi
171💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Under any form of sensory, yes this would be used it it's extreme potential, as it would create even harder situations for the enemy to perceive it within the required time to counter properly. And I do believe it counts torwards one of the blody henge uses.

This is a very simple and basic technique. The only notable diference from a regular slow slash, is the attack is performed more rapidly and with precision, making fine cuts and accurate ones.

( Kumo-Ryū Omotegiri ) - Cloud-Style Front Beheading
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage: 30
Description: The user slashes forwards in front of them with their sword to strike the enemy target.
Note: Can only be used by a Cloud Member bio or be trained by one.

The technique below is pretty useful in air-tight situations as shown by a Kumo shinobi in the war, when facing deidara and sasori. It offers a rapid counter to attacks from the back while also sending a strong attack torwards the opponent. With high movements and a sensory means, the user can make this catch the target off-guard and perhaps, even if not landed, can open up for a second attack.

( Kumo-Ryū Uragiri ) – Cloud Style Reverse Beheading
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: The user makes a powerful spin and uses the momentum created to slash at any opponents behind them. The user can use this movement to trick an enemy into thinking they are attacking them, but instead attack the opponent behind them.
Note: Can only be used by a cloud member bio or trained by one.
(Kumo-Ryū Omotegiri) - Cloud-Style Front Beheading

It seems this one only comes out in the manga (so far) so not much to say other than its a nice move for a C-Rank frontal slash compared to the other lame canon sword techniques we have for the same rank. For a non-samurai, this is a really good addition to my moveset.

Considering Karui's training and personality, it's no wonder she would be the one making this kind of move. It's fast pace and precision is meant for a "quick beheading" just like the name. Nothing really comes to mind to add to this other than wondering if it can only be used as a frontal attack?

No further questions.

(Kumo-Ryū Uragiri) – Cloud Style Reverse Beheading

Aha! My favorite!

Omoi is pretty clever not to mention his observational skills. He was able to deceive Deidara and Sasori, two very well known Akatsuki members (former). Well it's not like those two excel in close range combat (hue hue hue). Regardless, it's a very sneaky move and when used right can catch your opponent off guard. I assume you can combine this with sword enhancing techniques like the lightning sword one (Cho Biburato Raitonto - dont know english name lol)? Wait...based on the technique, it's already chakra enhanced so adding the lightning one probably wouldn't work...or would it? Doesn't matter though because on its own it is still quite convenient and deadly. Its weakness seems to be that you are exposed if your enemy attacks you while you perform the backslash but that is more one's fault if you one doesn't take into account when and how you strike. It's all a matter of strategy. I think there is something I am missing though about this one. .-.