Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
LoK's RnR//Official, like our previous fight.
-No Ninjutsu. Let's make this a Freeform, Taijutsu and Kenjutsu
fight.
-Takes place in a eastern-styled wooden dojo; see image below.

You must be registered for see images
I'll make the first move.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Azuma stood only a few meters across from his opponent, his eyes meeting theirs in a rather climactic fashion. The area around them was bare, as traditional buildings tended to be, but rather pretty. The boarded walls creaked in the wind, and the rice-paper window shades fluttered in time. Of course, despite the rather theatrical nature of the setting of this match, this wasn't going to be anything particularly special. It was a sparring battle, designed to test both shinobi's close-quarters physical prowess. Nothing more, nothing less. A workout, if you would.

Plus, I've been relying on my Sharingan a little too much. Not that I'd ever admit it.

Yes. That too, embarrassing as it was. Regardless, the green-haired boy quickly let his right leg shift backwards and leant back a slight bit, taking a forward-facing Strong Fist Taijutsu stance. He'd made the mistake of attacking first too often, so instead, Azuma then beckoned for the opponent to move forwards with his left hand, allowing a shit-eating grin to spread across his face.

"Come at me."

Reactions: RuckenTM

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,321💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Another day of training, another day of potential lessons to be learned. Shinobu was given instructions from the corps to come here today to train alongside some ninjas from a neighboring town. It took a while to reach her destination, but unfortunately, she had to make several detours until she arrived into the dojo.

Shinobu: “I do apologize for my lateness, it seems they are trying to fix something on the main road to town,” she said to the others. Looking on, she noticed the person in question was a green-haired male at the center of the dojo waiting on her arrival. She kept her smile, simply waltzing over towards her sparring partner.

Before she can speak she noticed him preparing a pretty basic stance, but he also wielded a weapon. She wasn’t exactly sure how to begin herself but she opted for a little introduction for herself. Utilizing her katana, she would swift draw it and immediately begin to spin it at high speeds. This little stunt was simply for the audience to enjoy. She took a pose, still with a smile on her face.

Shinobu: “I am Shinobu, Insect Pillar of the Demon Slayer Corps!” she said, as the image of butterflies fluttered behind her. She would place her sword back into it’s sheathe however as she had no intention of using it right away. Once her introduction was over, she remembered no ninjutsu was being used in this spar. Much to her own annoyance admitting it.

Instead, she proceeded to adhere to her opponent. He gave up the first move but he will soon come to learn that was a mistake. Immediately, she dashed at high speeds (Sage Rank), but once she was within range, she seemingly disappeared in a blur. She would reappear behind of her opponent, with her right leg extended. Her foot would plant directly onto his spine, using the force of the kick to send him flying across the room.

She also activated the “Sixth Sense” allowing herself to clear her mind of unneeded thoughts. Once the strike connected, she would simply watch as the opponent is sent flying across the room.

( Ryuu Handou ) - Dragon Kick
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage: 40 + 10 = 50
Description: An attack where the user quickly appears behind the enemy in a burst of speed, delivering a powerful kick to their side that sends them flying.
( Sempai Oshie: Roku Sacchi ) Elder teachings: Sixth Sense
Type: Supplementary
Chakra cost: ( -10 per turn to keep active )
Damage points: N/A
Description: Elder teachings: Sixth Sense is a skill known only to those who have achieved mastery in meditation and fighting arts. The user unlocks the Sixth Sense, which is also known as a clear state of mind where the user eliminates the factors clouding the mind such as fear and regret, thus allowing the user to be able to increase their reaction to incoming Taijutsu attacks and not fear death, making the user possible to react fast to the attacks. This increases the user's reaction speed by x2, giving them heightened senses to attacks.
Note: Can only be used two times
Note: Lasts four turns

• Love
Reactions: RuckenTM

Anbu Kirito

Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Demon Slayer Corps, eh?

Sounds pretty cool, if a little over the top.

He hadn't known that about Shinobu. They'd been introduced through superiors in each of their respective villages, and from there, they'd had a sparring match organized. Azuma wasn't quite sure why, really, but hell, it couldn't hurt to keep himself on his toes. On that note, the girl rather quickly spun her sword about in a fashion which the green-haired boy was certain he'd have had no chance at replicating; she certainly had a flair for the dramatic. Then, as if it had just been for show, she sheathed it once more.

And now... I wait.

She dashed forwards only moments later. The first thought on Azuma's mind was simple enough;

Fast. She's fast.

But not so fast he couldn't see. That said, Shinobu once again showed off with a burst of speed which caused her motions to legitimately blur, allowing the girl to take a position right behind Azuma, assuming his eyes hadn't lied to him. Well shit. He didn't have time to turn around if he was going to react as well, so he took a gamble, assuming that whatever was coming would be an attack on his midsection or upper body. Azuma suddenly pitched forwards and held himself parallel to the ground with only his left foot and right arm holding him up.

(Suiken) - Drunken Fist
Type: Attack
Chakra Cost: N/A
Damage Points: 30
Description: This unusual taijutsu style is a unique style of combat Drunken Fist Fighters become human powerhouses who'll strike unpredictability, with no inhibitions, an explosive fury and without any second thoughts about their actions. The user can either make themselves drunk or imitate the method by use of swaying and uneven balance on their feet to attack their opponents a total of 12 variant attacks.

Near-instantly, he felt a breeze blow past the top of his head, in line with a swinging motion of some kind. Maybe a sword strike, or perhaps a kick. Regardless, he needed to move now. From this position, Azuma planted his left hand flat to the wooden floor and did the same with his right hand. He then bent his left leg inwards and spun to his left, moving his now-extended right leg in a low sweep kick aimed at Shinobu's single grounded ankle (something he noticed upon turning around) in the hopes of tripping her.

(Konoha Reppū) - Leaf Gale
Type: Attack
Chakra Cost: N/A
Damage Points:20
Description: This technique is a good example of how even simple taijutsu can become a pre-eminently destructive, lethal technique. The attack is a simple rear spinning low kick, but a strong enough user can send a large adult flying as if they weighed nothing. The goal is to throw the enemy off balance, and deal damage to the lower half of their body.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,321💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Shinobu: “Oh? I missed?” the girl questioned for a moment when she didn’t notice a body being kicked. As of a matter of fact, said body was on the ground below her. Her compound eyes glanced down as she noticed Azuma. Clever, but it wasn’t the first time someone’s tried to avoid her like this. Immediately her opponent would make his attempt to sweep the Insect Pillar of her feet but her nimble body and reactions were always a vital part of her combat style. A well-timed use of her favored style came into play. His leg would meet with her own, but utilizing the principals of Renewal Taekwondo, she immediately utilizes the muscle strength of her opponent against him. Sure, he imagined to trip her or at least he thought he did.

Instead, she willingly allowed her body to tip off balance, even if it was for a brief moment. She utilized her aerial advantage now to rotate her body into a position where she’d land perfectly fine with the floor but using the stored power in her feet, she once again blitzed towards her opponent. Unleashing a power kick to his stomach before he can make an attempt to run away from her. Once the kick made an impact, she simply lowered her leg down. She smiled more, she wasn’t sure if he was trying his best or simply seeking a swift defeat.

Shinobu: "You’re going to need more than that to win today hehe. Why not try that sword of yours, perhaps you might beat me there!” she encouraged him to come into swordplay. However...this was nothing more than her trying to egg him on into taking the challenge. She simply remained in her position to decide her next course of action.
(Rinyūaru Tekondō: Jeonche Paekiji) | Renewal Taekwondo: Complete Package
Type: Offensive/ Defensive
Chakra: 15 – 30 (15)
Damage: 30 – 60 (30 + 10 = 40)
Description: The user starts by manipulating their weight to generate the desired amount of force, between x5 & x15, or alternatively, the user may gather the force generated by an incoming physical attack, effectively using their opponent's own force against them, resulting in a counter of up to A rank strength. The user then directs and stores this energy in the desired leg, and releases it in any single kick from a number of kicks in Taekwondo. These include, but are not limited to, high-kicks, jumping-kicks, low-sweeping-kicks, ground-kicks, round-kicks, etc, essentially allowing any practitioner of Renewal Taekwondo to user their art in a freeform manner.

Note: The A-Rank usage of this Jutsu can be used a max of 4 times per battle. Additionally, if the A-Rank usage of this Jutsu is performed, no A-Rank or higher Renewal Taekwondo Jutsu can be used in the same turn.

Anbu Kirito

Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Azuma knew that he was outmatched the moment that his kick met with his opponents leg. The leg crumpled under the force of his attack in a way that felt unnatural, almost as if it was forced, and as it turned out, it was. Immediately, her leg re-stabilized and absorbed the force of his blow, leaving him stuck for a brief moment.

****!

Azuma didn't have time to react to the forward-moving kick which swung into his stomach, earning a cough of pain from him, and knocking a few feet backwards on his ass. After taking a deep breath, he pushed himself up to his feet to assess the situation while Shinobu spoke to him.

Kenjutsu, huh? I'm sure she's better than I am, but then, she's better than me at fucking Taijutsu too. Not like I have much of a choice.

Thus, instead of giving the girl a verbal response, Azuma glared daggers at her and drew his Katana from his sheathe at his left hip. He then grasped it in both hands, making sure he had a firm grip on the blade. Briefly, the boy contemplated whether he should give the lady the courtesy of the first move again, but such thoughts passed quickly.

That hadn't gone too well last time.

So, he rushed forwards, aiming to land a diagonal strike up from the girl's left hip to her upper chest. Surely she'd evade the attack, but Azuma didn't exactly have many options.

Health: 100 -> 60

Last edited:

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,321💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Azuma took the Hashira’s challenge on, watching as he took the same sword from its scabbard. He rushed after Shinobu, who simply drew her own katana. She guided her sword, directing it swiftly at the opponent's intended path. This caused both blades to clash against one another. The sheer clash of metal caused a high pitched sound wave to be unleashed. Shinobu wasn’t done however as she used this moment of confusion to step into her opponent.

She would unleash a barrage of thrusting strikes, stabbing into his body. Due to her knowledge of the human body, she made sure not to pierce too deep nor at any vital locations. It simply served as a warning as to what she can do. Her sheer fluidity in her movements made it harder for her opponent to strike each strike. She would finish the assault dealing a double jump kick to his chest, but she landed onto his body. Her mastery of the water form of Ogame Ryu rendered Azuma's reaction speed towards her kenjutsu comparable to that of a Genin.

Shinobu: “Sorry, I’m afraid you lose!” she said standing on him. It was disrespectful but Shinobu wasn’t always one to behave normally. All this time the smile on her face never once faded. Her strike with her sword was much more than her opponent might be able to handle, however (Due to Apex Warrior, Shinobu’s freeform deals 15 DMG).

Anbu Kirito

Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay, so she'd blocked his cut. He could deal with this. The main issue that Azuma was currently presented with wasn't the girl's strength. No, it was her speed. Without his Sharingan, he was literally UNABLE to see what on earth her sword was doing. He'd gathered that much information from how quickly she managed to block his strike. What that meant was that he needed to attack while she was between moves, since he certainly couldn't match her blow for blow.

Just wait.

The sound of the two shinobi's blades pushing up against one another still rung through Azuma's ears.

Not yet...

Shinobu began to move forwards, stepping in towards him while maintaining the block against his blade for the moment.

Now.

It was then that the Uchiha made his move. In time with the girl's movement forwards, Azuma moved his right leg up from behind him into a knee aimed at the girl's stomach. If she was using a sword, she couldn't outright block it for the moment, after all. Unfortunately, Azuma let his gaze drift away from his opponent's sword, leaving him open (not as if that mattered).

While he felt his knee make contact, he also felt eight punctures in his skin manifest across various parts of his body. Azuma stifled a yell as the pain registered alongside a torrent of warmth quickly spreading beneath his clothes. The wounds were all shallow, but there were many of them, and that would be more than a problem. So, following his knee strike, Azuma planted his right foot and pushed himself backwards, his shoes sliding across the lacquered wooden floor for a few feet before he allowed his eyes to meet with Shinobu, who had managed to throw a kick which would have likely taken him out of the match entirely.

"Urgh- You don't waste time, do you? You're fast as hell. So, what next; are you going to knock my lights out, or am I about to take another damn stab to the gut."

Health: 60 -> 20

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,321💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Shinobu: "Well considering you hit a woman…I think it’s only fair” she said. She simply slammed her hand onto his forehead and dealt a blow knocking him out. It was the end of the fight; which made the Hashira a bit winded. “Now then…who is next?” she turned to everyone in the room but seemed the others didn’t exactly want to fight. She smiled and simply removed herself from on top of Azuma and waited for anyone else to join up with her.
(Kodzuku) Punch
Type: Offensive
Chakra: N/A
Damage: 20 + 10 = 30
Description: One of the simplest moves in Taijutsu, the user will simply use one of his hands to deliver a simple punch by clenching his fist and swinging his arm. The user is free to do variations of a basic frontal punch and the technique though simple, can be deadly for strong users.

Anbu Kirito

Veteran
Kin
1,110💸
Kumi
10,495💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
She was on top of him almost immediately. It wasn't like there was anything Azuma could do about it, but still, it never felt too good to be completely outmatched. The last thing the boy said was in response to his adversary's little quip about hitting women, spoken in a resigned, if slightly jovial tone with a tired, panting smirk.

"H-hey. I don't discriminate...and at least I hit you in the first place."

Yes. That would be Azuma's one positive takeaway from this little scuffle. He had landed a hit, which was better than he'd expected to do against one of the most reputed close quarters combatants in the world. Holy shit, he had work to do if he wanted to keep up.

Ah well. When I wake up, I'll put it on ice.

And with that, his world faded to black.

Health: 20 -> 0.

WINNER - HOKUSAI

Thank you Hoku. Had good fun with it, even if it was entirely dominated by you haha. One of these days I'll have an arsenal that lets me put up a fight... just not today ;)