Clearing up a misconception : Naruto blitzing Kaguya.

Do you agree with this ?

• I agree.

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • I disagree.

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Prime Hiruzen still solos.

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters

Alastor

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone. It has been a while. :yay:

I have noticed that quite a few (many) people are confused about what actually happened in chapter 687 when Naruto cut-off Kaguya's arm, which is understandable to some degree, so I thought I should make this thread to help clarifying a bit. But first, since I know some people will undeniably jump to conclusions :

By no means am I trying to downplay Naruto's speed, or strip him of one of his feats. I always give credit where it's due and this regardless of which character or even series is being discussed, Naruto is not an exception. So while reading please keep in mind that the only purpose of this thread is correcting a flawed misinterpretation that has, unfortunately, been around for too long doing the series more harm than good, both debates wise and consistency wise.

With that out of the way, we can start.

The misconception : Naruto is faster than Kaguya and can just speed blitz her

Origin :
Back in chapter 687 we saw a pissed off Naruto seemingly blitzing Kaguya and cutting her arm off.
You must be registered for see images

Flawed interpretation :

Naruto is fast enough to rush all the way towards Kaguya and cut her arm off faster than she could react. He is simply too fast for her and could have solo'd her if not for the sealing requirement.

Explanation & Counter Argument:

As I previously said, it's rather easy for people to misinterpret what happened in this instance, especially since Kaguya was never very liked (being polite here) or respected as a villain and people would rather hype the protagonist than justify the villains low-end feat. However, there is some context behind this feat that needs to be taken into account to get an objective view of what happened.

1) Kaguya slowed down due to being low on chakra :

I think that this is an obvious fact to anyone who read the fight. During the battle Kaguya was seen repetitively using her S-T jutsu Amenominaka, which is a justu that consumes massive amounts of chakra as stated by Black Zetsu.

This was later confirmed by both Obito and Sasuke on two separate occasions :

And as explained by BZ, Kaguya's speed and strength are proportional to how much chakra she has left :

So one can safely say that Naruto would not be able to replicate the feat against a standard Kaguya, which seems obvious considering how he needed to use distractions to tag her previously.

2) Naruto did not reach Kaguya through sheer speed, he was teleported by Sasuke.

I know that some people must be like 'lol what ?' after reading this, but judging by the manga this is indeed what happened. What makes this obvious is the fact that Kishimoto has consistently been shown to use two distinct SFXs for speed/Shunshin jutsus and Space-time Ninjutsu.

For instance here are a few examples of people using Shunshin/speed, notice the SFX used.

And here are instances of people using S-T ninjutsu, notice that a different SFX is used.

Hiraishin :
Amenominaka :
Amenotejikira :

Now comparing to the SFX shown when Naruto 'blitzed' Kaguya :
That SFX is very clearly the one used for Space-time Ninjutsu, so unless Naruto has some unknown S-T jutsu which he can only use once in his life, I think that it's more logical to assume that Sasuke who was next to him and happens to be a S-T ninjutsu user teleported him.

Certainly, there have been instances of missing SFXs before, so before the argument shows up let me just say that the lack of S-T SFX in these instance, like Madara getting stabbed by the teleported sword for example, is due to a more important, louder or simply more recent SFX taking it's place, and that this does not in any way affect the solidity of the argument, as it's quite normal for a 'getting stabbed' SFX to be present in a scene where someone got stabbed even in the S-T SFX is not present, but one can't say that it's normal for a space-time teleportation SFX to be found where (supposedly) no S-T took place.

Once again, I'd like to point out that this thread isn't meant to downplay Naruto in any way and I certainly hope that people will not derail it into some Naruto vs Sasuke speed debate because that has nothing to do with what I'm discussing.

That is all I had to say. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Zealous Sparks

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, Amenotejikara wasn't used to strike Kaguya in that panel as Sasuke's eye would have been on cooldown from his previous attempt at hitting Kaguya in the Gravity dimension.

Alastor

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Stopped reading there. U racist for not including the afternoon smh. ._.
I'm sorry. :(

Doesn't change the fact she was blitzed, it's only an excuse why.
By that logic normal people can blitz Superman because it happened while he was affected by Kryptonite. Clarifying out of context feats is not making excuses, using them in such a way is being dishonest.

Ripple Hole

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm sorry. :(

By that logic normal people can blitz Superman because it happened while he was affected by Kryptonite. Clarifying out of context feats is not making excuses, using them in such a way is being dishonest.
If someone punches a drugged man, they punched that man.
If someone kills a drugged man, they killed that man.
If someone beats a drugged man, they beat that man.

Their condition is irrelevant to whether or not you can
deny that [insert-action] has happened to them.

Ftw, morals isn't an excuse.

Alastor

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, Amenotejikara wasn't used to strike Kaguya in that panel as Sasuke's eye would have been on cooldown from his previous attempt at hitting Kaguya in the Gravity dimension.
Not necessarily, Sasuke has been shown using it multiple times in a row before. It seems that Amenotejikara only goes on cool-down if used to switch places with something (which seemingly allows the user to increase its reach).

Last edited:

Alastor

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If someone punches a drugged man, they punched that man.
If someone kills a drugged man, they killed that man.
If someone beats a drugged man, they beat that man.

Their condition is irrelevant to whether or not you can
deny that [insert-action] has happened to them.

Ftw, morals isn't an excuse.
If someone punched a drugged man, it doesn't mean they can do the same to him if he wasn't drugged.
If someone kills a drugged man, that doesn't mean they can kill that man even when not under drugs.
If someone beats a drugged man, that doesn't mean they could have done the same if he wasn't in that state

Context matters. I don't need to deny that the action happened to them when I'm arguing that it wouldn't happen under different circumstances.
What you are saying has nothing to do with morals btw.

Ripple Hole

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If someone punched a drugged man, it doesn't mean they can do the same to him if he wasn't drugged.
If someone kills a drugged man, that doesn't mean they can kill that man even when not under drugs.
If someone beats a drugged man, that doesn't mean they could have done the same if he wasn't in that state

Context matters. I don't need to deny that the action happened to them when I'm arguing that it wouldn't happen under different circumstances.
What you are saying has nothing to do with morals btw.
It doesn't matter if Naruto could or couldn't blitz Kaguya if she wasn't in that state,
it's irrelevant to the fact he blitzed her.

Mad Titan Thanos

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
wow This bring new light to Naruto speed.

Amazing found.

1000000/10 thread

one question :

Its perfectly normal that sometimes SFX is missing but when SFX is used no one can deny that.

But is it possible that sometimes same SFX (One that is used on S/T jutsus) is used on shunshin ? Because that would destroy your theory.

Last edited:

Alastor

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It doesn't matter if Naruto could or couldn't blitz Kaguya if she wasn't in that state,
it's irrelevant to the fact he blitzed her.
Still doesn't get that I'm not saying that Naruto didn't blitz Kaguya when she was weakened as heck. I'm saying that he wouldn't be able to do it if she wasn't weakened.

great read man...
Thanks !
Good job. No one here has even put a logical reason to disprove you.
Thanks !
wow This bring new light to Naruto speed.

Amazing found.

1000000/10 thread

one question :

Its perfectly normal that sometimes SFX is missing but when SFX is used no one can deny that.

But is it possible that sometimes same SFX (One that is used on S/T jutsus) is used on shunshin ? Because that would destroy your theory.
Thanks (?)
I have no idea, did that happen before ?

Mad Titan Thanos

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Still doesn't get that I'm not saying that Naruto didn't blitz Kaguya when she was weakened as heck. I'm saying that he wouldn't be able to do it if she wasn't weakened.

Thanks !

Thanks !

Thanks (?)
I have no idea, did that happen before ?
no but if (Just if) someone founds that SFX being used on regular shunshin your theory is over.

Reactions: Alastor