0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

Oh my :nosebleed: sorry but chocho looks better than sarada this time around :score:

chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You know this is borderline pedophilia right? Like has that thought ever occurred to you?
Not really. He just said that Chouchou looks good, not that he wants to snag her in the bed.

Plus, even if he had said that, Chouchou is a fictional girl, so it doesn't matter. Heck, all it takes to make Chouchou 18 years old is a simple few words from Kodachi.

Example:

Kodachi: Sorry, for the retcon, but Chouchou is actually 18. Akimichi girls have a special genetic symptom that makes them age very slowly, which is why she looks the same age as the other kids. They also have slow cognitive development, which is why Chouchou comes off as so airheaded. This slow development is why Akimichi parents enroll their daughters in the academy late. As such, Chouchou was enrolled at the same time as Boruto and company.

Reactions: Megax Rocker7

Klubargutan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh my :nosebleed: sorry but chocho looks better than sarada this time around :score:
To me, Sarada is one of the ugliest characters....those eyes are too dark and just...plain ugly :(

Chocho on the other hand looks indeed very very well!

I expected this episode be a thrash...but it was actually pretty nice....probably because Kishi himself wrote it?:)

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is clearly a case where age doesn't mean a thing. 123fire is maybe 13 mentally..
He's emotionally unstable as a girl in her early teens throwing an emo tantrum. Claiming the world doesn't understand what she's going through.

I thought he was a 13 year old stuck in the body of a 21 year old.
It must feel nice to be so loved

chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have to disagree. You could say she’s 1000 years old but she’s still drawn with the physical maturity of a child and that’s where the problem lies
By that logic though, you could say that it is pedophilia to attract to anyone who looks too much younger than what they are, and that is wrong. Even in real life, there are people in their 20s or even 30s that look like teenagers (under 18). To say that you shouldn't attract to characters who are drawn with younger looking physical maturity (even if they are 1000 years old), is essentially like saying that people who look younger than what they are just shouldn't be sought after, and if the world were to live by that policy, then that would leave a lot of innocent people without a chance at love (at least with someone of their age group), and it would be solely because they look young. That would hurt and depress and be unfair to many people.

Plus anime has a habit of drawing characters looking younger (or older) than what they are. Dragon Ball is infamous for this.

In DBS, by the time of the tournament of power, Goten and Trunks are 13 and 14 respectively, yet they still look exactly as they did when they were 7 and 8. Marron is about 9 or 10, but she is depicted like a toddler both in appearance and behavior. Gohan even called her a newborn even though she is already this age.

On the flip side, in GT Bulla was 9 but she looked no younger than 15. Even in universe, grown men hit on her.

That's Dragon Ball, but to be honest, we don't even have to leave the NV to see examples of age misrepresentation.

Look at Himawari. By the time of the Momoshiki arc, she is actually 10, but she looks and acts like a 5 year old.

My point here is: In anime, characters' ages are misrepresented by their appearances so often that we really shouldn't pay much heed to their appearances when discussing whether or not their age is appropriate for certain fan reactions (such as physical appearance).

One last thing:

Requiring the character to have a certain appearance of physical maturity (even if they are of a decent age) actually comes across as more perverted and shallow than attracting to a girl with the appearance of a child. Your requirement basically says that the girl needs to have certain physical assets (height, breasts, curvature, etc...) before it is decent to attract to her, and that would actually show that your mind would be in a perverted/shallow place when setting your standards and requirements.

Pappasaur

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
By that logic though, you could say that it is pedophilia to attract to anyone who looks too much younger than what they are, and that is wrong. Even in real life, there are people in their 20s or even 30s that look like teenagers (under 18). To say that you shouldn't attract to characters who are drawn with younger looking physical maturity (even if they are 1000 years old), is essentially like saying that people who look younger than what they are just shouldn't be sought after, and if the world were to live by that policy, then that would leave a lot of innocent people without a chance at love (at least with someone of their age group), and it would be solely because they look young. That would hurt and depress and be unfair to many people.

Plus anime has a habit of drawing characters looking younger (or older) than what they are. Dragon Ball is infamous for this.

In DBS, by the time of the tournament of power, Goten and Trunks are 13 and 14 respectively, yet they still look exactly as they did when they were 7 and 8. Marron is about 9 or 10, but she is depicted like a toddler both in appearance and behavior. Gohan even called her a newborn even though she is already this age.

On the flip side, in GT Bulla was 9 but she looked no younger than 15. Even in universe, grown men hit on her.

That's Dragon Ball, but to be honest, we don't even have to leave the NV to see examples of age misrepresentation.

Look at Himawari. By the time of the Momoshiki arc, she is actually 10, but she looks and acts like a 5 year old.

My point here is: In anime, characters' ages are misrepresented by their appearances so often that we really shouldn't pay much heed to their appearances when discussing whether or not their age is appropriate for certain fan reactions (such as physical appearance).

One last thing:

Requiring the character to have a certain appearance of physical maturity (even if they are of a decent age) actually comes across as more perverted and shallow than attracting to a girl with the appearance of a child. Your requirement basically says that the girl needs to have certain physical assets (height, breasts, curvature, etc...) before it is decent to attract to her, and that would actually show that your mind would be in a perverted/shallow place when setting your standards and requirements.
I see where you’re coming from, but I think you’re misunderstanding what I mean. I understand some people don’t mature the same way as others, but there’s a difference between an adult who looks a little younger vs a child. My issue is some anime will draw a person specifically as a child despite their age. Standing up and saying “it’s unnatural to be attracted to a child” or “this character is a child (because Sarada and Chocho both are)” or even “this character may not be a child and they’re 1000 years old, but the artist intentionally made them look like a 5-12 year old girl and sexualized them is an issue”.

Obviously, Chocho is not sexualized here. The issue is with obito and his history of obsessing over little girls looks and that’s what I’m calling out here. Ikes drawing is an issue when he puts a 12 year old in mini skirts with upskirt shots in promotional art and has their character flip to be a trope of a sexual archetype. Granted he only did that for one issue, but the fact he did it at all is a major issue because it panders to people like op above who lose their minds over how attracted they are to a child.

Saying they look good is one thing, what op does is another. It’s okay to differentiate between them and honestly necessary because these kinds of work can possibly endanger children in real life by feeding into a fantasy for underage women that’s excused because you say “no, she’s drawn to look five years old but she’s actually 100 so it’s okay that I’m attracted to her”. I know that’s not your intention, but it’s how people see a comment like that. And me standing up and calling out the industry and perpetuators in no way makes me perverted or shallow because women in the real world sometimes don’t mature as extreme as others

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I see where you’re coming from, but I think you’re misunderstanding what I mean. I understand some people don’t mature the same way as others, but there’s a difference between an adult who looks a little younger vs a child. My issue is some anime will draw a person specifically as a child despite their age. Standing up and saying “it’s unnatural to be attracted to a child” or “this character is a child (because Sarada and Chocho both are)” or even “this character may not be a child and they’re 1000 years old, but the artist intentionally made them look like a 5-12 year old girl and sexualized them is an issue”.

Obviously, Chocho is not sexualized here. The issue is with obito and his history of obsessing over little girls looks and that’s what I’m calling out here. Ikes drawing is an issue when he puts a 12 year old in mini skirts with upskirt shots in promotional art and has their character flip to be a trope of a sexual archetype. Granted he only did that for one issue, but the fact he did it at all is a major issue because it panders to people like op above who lose their minds over how attracted they are to a child.

Saying they look good is one thing, what op does is another. It’s okay to differentiate between them and honestly necessary because these kinds of work can possibly endanger children in real life by feeding into a fantasy for underage women that’s excused because you say “no, she’s drawn to look five years old but she’s actually 100 so it’s okay that I’m attracted to her”. I know that’s not your intention, but it’s how people see a comment like that. And me standing up and calling out the industry and perpetuators in no way makes me perverted or shallow because women in the real world sometimes don’t mature as extreme as others
I don't think Obito never stopping to love her dead girlfriend was morally wrong, even though his last memory of her was of her twelf year old self. And even then, Obito's thoughts with Rin were probably not even as sexualized as people make them out to be. If Obito's attraction with her was just her looks, then I doubt he would taken things that far just for a girl he only longed to shag. Though, I could see it being, if Obito's obsession with Rin was not of friendship or innocent love, which is what it seemingly was, but of physical attraction and her death was a doom to a plan involving sleeping with her.

Pappasaur

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think Obito never stopping to love her dead girlfriend was morally wrong, even though his last memory of her was of her twelf year old self. And even then, Obito's thoughts with Rin were probably not even as sexualized as people make them out to be. If Obito's attraction with her was just her looks, then I doubt he would taken things that far just for a girl he only longed to shag. Though, I could see it being, if Obito's obsession with Rin was not of friendship or innocent love, which is what it seemingly was, but of physical attraction and her death was a doom to a plan involving sleeping with her.
Sorry friend, I meant OP not the character Obito