GreenTeaChloe

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A US couple - serving 10 years' probation for the 2009 death of their toddler after they turned to prayer instead of a doctor - has lost another child to what may have been a treatable illness.

You must be registered for see images

Herbert and Catherine Schaible belong to a fundamentalist Christian church that believes in faith-healing.

Philadelphia Judge Benjamin Lerner said at a hearing they violated the most important condition of their probation: to seek medical care for their remaining children.

Authorities have yet to file criminal charges in the death of the 8-month-old boy last week, after he suffered with diarrhoea and breathing problems for days. But charges could be filed once authorities pinpoint how the baby died.

The couple is on probation after a jury convicted them of involuntary manslaughter in 2010 in the death of their two-year-old son, Kent, from pneumonia.

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Microbiology > faith healing

What part of their minds made them believe that only faith healing would solve their child's pneumonia? They can do both! Why didn't they do both?

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
faith- trust without logic.

Isn't it sad how an innocent child's life can be in the hands of morons?

They're not to blame,though. It's religion.

Edit: Have they ever thought that these vaccines and cures are the result of answered prayers? Why pray for cures that already exists.

Last edited:

Forest

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
these sick Mothaf*ckas look like brother and sister....... its no surprise they turn out to be liike that, but sadly in a country of many freedoms, that is their choice. i Don't see how they can be charged with man slaughter. there are plenty of cultures that chose not to use hospital/medicines/ science to treat illness. But these people are american, they also look wacked out too me. will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And all they got out of that was more probation. Probation for tertiary murder.

there are plenty of cultures that chose not to use hospital/medicines/ science to treat illness. But these people are american
Please stop right there. I don't know where you're from, but if you aren't American, take solace in the fact that quite a large number of us aren't this stupid. If you are American, look around you and ask yourself if those people are just as stupid as this couple.

Last edited:

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wow these guys are just ....... Meh and I've also noticed that u like making these kinds of threads, not hating or anything just sayin

Ciao

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its a shame a life was wasted in such a way, but I guess the shinier side of this coin is that they won't grow up to be indoctrinated psychos like their parents.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
.....I really have no words that can explain how angry this makes me.
Don't be angry, just try to be understanding of the situation.

They were taught to be this way. They believe that this is the right thing to do. They believe that their bible makes sense.

I was a strong believer in religion, lmao, until I read the bible...I was literally pissed by the fact that anyone would take something so ridiculous, seriously.

But, I understand that people were gullible morons, and needed a some sort of belief system/guidance.

cptenn94

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i consider myself a devout christian, but even im not dumb enough to try that....God is not a personal family doctor. If a person gets sick take them to the doctor.

poor kid though

and freakenstein said sums up what i think.

Have a great day folks

Darthlawsuit

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
God gave you a BRAIN use it!

Isn't it sad how an innocent child's life can be in the hands of morons?

They're not to blame,though. It's religion.

Edit: Have they ever thought that these vaccines and cures are the result of answered prayers? Why pray for cures that already exists.
Whats sad is many children's lives are in the hands of morons

They ARE to blame. Even Jesus used medicine to heal people.

Penicillin was in bread mold, right under our noses for millennia only to be discovered in the past century.

Last edited: