Characters that were more or less powerful than their role required?

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are there any characters who were, at any point, too powerful or too weak compared to what their role set them up to be?

For example, Iruka was supposed to be a rather talentless teacher who was simply okay with the basics of techniques, but at the start of the 4th War he uses a sealing technique on Naruto (a beast host who has mastered Sage Mode) that requires the activation of KCM in order to break. That seems overpowered for a basic Chunin.

On the other side, characters from previous generations are supposed to be all kinds of powerful, but speed scaling leaves them in the dust against newer generations.

What say you?

WandaAnavy

Banned
Kin
17💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Cosmophone (# glucophone) is a vibration of seem, glum windless, compatibility that components space. A special correlation of hemispheres, petals (notes) and resonator give an to the nth degree elaborate palette of overtones.
To play an wonderful factor - a petal tone drum, habitually known as a “glucophone”, a perception of rhythm is enough. His give one the impression is certainly mystical. And you can learn to horse around it, literatim, in a some minutes - the main fad is to honest learn how to beat on metal tongues, and it often sounds magical.

I invite you to by my area:

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
799💸
Kumi
397💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
How is he trash? He's the top jonin in the strongest village during the era of aliens.

What's he supposed to be?
I think she's trying to tell that Konohamaru was hyped up to be someone relative to the Hōkage in terms of battle power — however he was sidelined into someone like Iruka — who serves as the teacher of the New Generations.

Right @Mox?

Reactions: Infant

Kakooli

Elite
Kin
3,920💸
Kumi
1,401💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is good thread topic...

Me would say part 1 Lee... He was set up as powerful rival for Uchiwa Saskey in his debut but despite this hype he got ko by dosu and even after displaying 'genius' level feats with his gates vs gaara he dont even wound him...

He just seem to exist for saskey sake. First, he was powerful obstacle/rival for Saskey, then he got solo'd by sound nin to demonstrate saskey growth, who easily destroy zaku and make dosu pee himself... Then he get fed to gaara by kishi to hype up gaara strength and increase reader excitement in gaara vs saskey fight. Finally he get $hit on Saskey vs Gaara again when it is shown that saskey only need a month to match his speed nd taijutsu...

Reactions: Infant