[Discussion] Chapter 652 Obito's memory confusion

Cyroxie

Member
Messages:17 Reaction score:0
Joined
Jan 2, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Hello everyone! This is my first ever post on NB so please spare me your wraths! I don't know if this has been cleared or posted by anyone before, but I was reading someone's thread earlier stating the confusion they had as to whether or not Kishi made a mistake in the manga and I just want to put my 2 cents into it.

Some believed that Minato's head was mistakenly taken out and then drawn on Konoha's Hokage mountainside in two different panels.

I think the reason Kishi did this was because one panel was a part of Obito's actual memory that Naruto saw, BEFORE Minato became Hokage, therefore, we do not see Minato's head on the mountainside
The other one was a pigment of Obito's CURRENT thoughts and imagination --with knowledge of Minato already being Hokage -- of what could've been if he hadn't taken the path that he took.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

As you can see, in the top picture, middle panel, it is BLACK framed, something that we all know Kishi uses to indicate a flashback or memory. The second picture, the panels were gray framed, clearly not the black ones, indicating that the event is happening inside Obito's consciousness

Thank you for reading! :)
 

Goddess Tsunade

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Regular
Messages:1,470 Reaction score:97
Joined
Jun 24, 2013
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
97
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
nice find :win:
I agree =D
 

Naruto.

Sage of Six Posts 🔮
Immortal
Messages:50,612 Reaction score:736
Joined
Feb 8, 2013
Messages
50,612
Reaction score
736
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Agree. Good find.
 

Stacks

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Regular
Messages:1,377 Reaction score:147
Joined
Feb 9, 2013
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
147
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
You must be registered for see images


Wow Kishi messed up big time.
 

Narutoga

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
Messages:2,921 Reaction score:110
Joined
Aug 29, 2012
Messages
2,921
Reaction score
110
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Agree, thats a good start
 

WoodsyOwl

Member
Messages:52 Reaction score:7
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
52
Reaction score
7
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Minato's head was missing because at the time, Minato wasn't Hokage yet.
 

Hashiii

Member
Messages:21 Reaction score:2
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
21
Reaction score
2
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
i really don't know. Maybe Minato wasn't Hokage yet or obito was to released new rassengan!!!
I hard see manga building Minato head or nw rassengan. Picture is so small. I will waiting to come real.
Maybe obito hiding.
 
Top