Elio

Supreme
Kin
1,938💸
Kumi
13,129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

BAKERSFIELD - A cat came to her best friend's rescue Tuesday when a young boy was attacked by a dog in his driveway in Southwest Bakersfield and it was all caught on video.

The surveillance video shows the boy, 4-year-old Jeremy, playing on his bicycle. He was coming home from school when he wanted to fly a kite. Jeremy has mild autism.

The neighbor's dog, an 8-month-old labrador/chow mix, sneaks up behind him and bites his leg.

The family's cat, named Tara, rushed the attacking dog and chased it away.

"Tara is my hero," Jeremy said.

GALLERY | Jeremy's hero is a fat cat named Tara

Erika Triantafilo, Jeremy's mother, was nearby watering a tree when she heard his screams.

"I didn't really even realize what had happened until after when my husband showed me the surveillance video," Erika said.

Erika told 23ABC the boy needed a few stitches, but he is doing fine. Erika said it could have been much worse.

"I've never seen a cat do that," said Roger Triantafilo, Jeremy's father. "Especially ours. It just shows how much she really has a family-oriented mind set."

WATCH: Complete Security Camera Footage Of Cat Saving Boy During Dog Attack.

Tara became a part of the Triantafilo family in 2008. She loves to be pet and comes when called.

She also said the dog belonged to a neighbor and is now under voluntary observation at Bakersfield Animal Care Center.

Sgt. Joe Grubbs, Bakersfield Police spokesman, said the dog will be quarantined for 10 days then euthanized.

The neighbor was pulling their vehicle out of their gated driveway when the dog escaped.

The neighbor called 911 on behalf of the boy and his mother.

------------------

Cat was like "Get in the house! I can NOT do that again!"

orochigay

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I feel sorry for the kid, but still, the dog is going to be killed. It'll be isolated from its family for ten days then killed. The kid lived, so why not the dog? I get why you would want to kill it if the kid died but he didn't. The dog reacted on its instincts. It probably thought the kid was on its territory.

It's sad that the kid's parents wanted the dog to be killed (it doesn't specifically say that, but that's one of the reasons it would be killed). Because of that, I don't feel sorry for them at all.

YokoKurama

<div class="bbWrapper">I saw this on tv earlier this evening. Awesome!</div>

Kakagaishi

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good job Cat. Anyone else take in how the mom saw the shadow under the car and ran away leaving the kid there? (0:38) She probably thought the dog came back...