[Question] Can Zangetsu be a Fire based Zanpakuto?

What do you think will be Ichigo's new powers?

• Same as before

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Fire based powers

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Different powers from 2 zangetsus

• Fire + quincy in shikai and Speed and quincy bow in bankai

• Total voters

Prince Badman

Regular
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Since we came to know about Zangestsu's reality i have been speculating what new powers will Ichigo receive. I mean i always found it odd that Zangetsu had a pure reishi based attack while others had a basic element or personality based transformation. When Isshin compared his Engetsu to Ichi's Zangetsu i tried to think more in this direction. isshin was releasing getsuga with his unreleased zanpakuto and remember his fight with the black hollow? It was found that his was a fire based zanpakuto. So i might not find it surprising if Zangetsu turned out to be similar. What do you guys think about this???????:erm::cool:

TheLegend0713

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think a fire-based Zangetsu is going to happen, as I don't think Kubo would change the function of Zangetsu that radically. It may be a true Zanpakuto now, but as Ichigo still is able to use Getsuga, and the larger of his blades is, for all intents and purposes, the same as his previous Shikai, I don't think the basic abilities and types are going to change.

As for the poll above, I think the idea that Tensa Zangetsu suddenly becomes a bow is laughable. If Ichigo were to sudddenly have to change his fighting style to accommodate a weapon he has no extensive history with and probably no desire to train with, then Ywatch might as well have won before they even fight. I think that, as Ichigo identifies more as a Shinigami than a Quincy, using a bow is not in his nature in the slightest. Also, there are Quincies who use swords, namely Yhwach and Gerard. Though, they may not strictly count as Quincies, as Yhwach is the son of the Soul King and Gerard is the heart of the Soul King.

My point is that it's unlikely, if there's even a remote chance, of Zangetsu changing into a fire-type Zanpakuto, and there's almost no chance of it becoming a bow in Bankai. For the first, the only connections we've seen between Engetsu (Isshin's sword) and Zangetsu are the names, Isshin's ability to use Getsuga Tenshou, and the fact that they are the Zanpakuto of father and son. As for the second, there's no reason for Ichigo to need a new ranged attack, especially after he now has Getsuga Jujisho. A bow would throw off his entire fighting style, and leave him without the advantages of the original Tensa Zangetsu.

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It'll probably be similar to before, all Ichigo's done is beat up some teenage girls, fire off a lot of Getsuga Tensho's and get offpaneled by an Aizen lookalike. He could have probably done that without his powerup at the royal palace.

Actually, now i think of it, Mugetsu had black flames incorporated into it's design, and that was (Probably) his full Shinigami & Quincy powers. Maybe whatever his Bankai is now will have some black flames involved.

Prince Badman

Regular
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think a fire-based Zangetsu is going to happen, as I don't think Kubo would change the function of Zangetsu that radically. It may be a true Zanpakuto now, but as Ichigo still is able to use Getsuga, and the larger of his blades is, for all intents and purposes, the same as his previous Shikai, I don't think the basic abilities and types are going to change.

As for the poll above, I think the idea that Tensa Zangetsu suddenly becomes a bow is laughable. If Ichigo were to sudddenly have to change his fighting style to accommodate a weapon he has no extensive history with and probably no desire to train with, then Ywatch might as well have won before they even fight. I think that, as Ichigo identifies more as a Shinigami than a Quincy, using a bow is not in his nature in the slightest. Also, there are Quincies who use swords, namely Yhwach and Gerard. Though, they may not strictly count as Quincies, as Yhwach is the son of the Soul King and Gerard is the heart of the Soul King.

My point is that it's unlikely, if there's even a remote chance, of Zangetsu changing into a fire-type Zanpakuto, and there's almost no chance of it becoming a bow in Bankai. For the first, the only connections we've seen between Engetsu (Isshin's sword) and Zangetsu are the names, Isshin's ability to use Getsuga Tenshou, and the fact that they are the Zanpakuto of father and son. As for the second, there's no reason for Ichigo to need a new ranged attack, especially after he now has Getsuga Jujisho. A bow would throw off his entire fighting style, and leave him without the advantages of the original Tensa Zangetsu.

Well turning into a bow was a little far fetched i accept but he is fighting with two swords. On that note i would like to add that i hope he wouldn't keep one tucked in while fighting with the other. So he would have to adapt to a new fighting type. Remember he said while fighting to the lightening chick and i quote " Its good i use two swords too". I guess adaptability is in his nature. Moreover as i pointed Isshin used getsuga in his unreleased state not in shikai...while Ichigo has been using it in shikai and bankai

Prince Badman

Regular
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It'll probably be similar to before, all Ichigo's done is beat up some teenage girls, fire off a lot of Getsuga Tensho's and get offpaneled by an Aizen lookalike. He could have probably done that without his powerup at the royal palace.

Actually, now i think of it, Mugetsu had black flames incorporated into it's design, and that was (Probably) his full Shinigami & Quincy powers. Maybe whatever his Bankai is now will have some black flames involved.
I like your way of thinking but wasnt his getsuga black because of his hollow powers? so i guess that were his Hollow + shinigami powers.......its just a speculation but we might see multiple releases of his swords.

Gerkak

Legendary
Kin
67💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
you got any predictions of your own i would like to hear them
I don't have much, I believe his powers will remain largely the same. I think his bankai would be a single sword(a fusion of the quincy and shinigami/hollow blades) that'll release even more powerful Getsuga tensho but amped with ambient reishi absorbed before release.