[Discussion] Can you petition a sentence passed by a Judge?

AnimusOra

Veteran
Kin
25💸
Kumi
2,253💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hi there everyone,

I am contacting anyone in the base who is willing to help me with a Petition. A very good friend of mine was recently sentenced to prison for 10 years even though prior he was told that he could get 10 years of probation. He is a good man and prison isn't going to help him in anyway. He is bright and incredibly smart. His sentencing seemed very biased and i honestly feel as if the judge only sentenced him to 10 years only for re-election(of course its true because of how corrupt the US is) but its not what i know its what i can prove. So instead of me wasting my time with proving the judge is corrupt i want to spend my time writing a petition. Would anyone know what are the exact numbers i need to achieve on this petition in order to get him free. I honestly have no clue to what i need to do and i am hoping that some of you can help me.

Thank you guys it seriously means alot to me!

-AnimusOra

Defence

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hey I hope your friend gets justice but I doubt signatures from an online community who have never seen your friend would make any difference. I don't know him nor am I an expert in law. I hope he finds justice and things work out. Peace

Reactions: AnimusOra

AnimusOra

Veteran
Kin
25💸
Kumi
2,253💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks guys for the comments. I am not sure about signing an online petition but more of a local petition. What had happened was that he was involved in an accident that took his friends life. We had been trying for over a year to get with the judge on trying to get him only probation for 10 years. When the sentencing came the gave him two options last year either the probation or jail time for 10 years but only if he had letters showing that he improved. He had over 50 and yet the judge still gave him the jail time?

Reactions: Defence

AnimusOra

Veteran
Kin
25💸
Kumi
2,253💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think it works like that. You can have people rioting and he's still probably screwed.
Hey I hope your friend gets justice but I doubt signatures from an online community who have never seen your friend would make any difference. I don't know him nor am I an expert in law. I hope he finds justice and things work out. Peace
Petitions cannot achieve nothing. What did your friend did to get 10 years in prison?
The whole trial seemed to be going in a way that could at least help him out. I understand that the young lady lost her life but the family of the deceased as well as the friends (plus the ****in media) made him out to be a bad guy... He got them in a bar to drink but they made it seem as if he forced them too when i know for a fact that he was being who he was a nice guy. Unfortunately he made the wrong decision that you can just trust anybody??? So a lesson to everyone out there don't trust anybody or don't be to nice because it can bite you in the ass. But back to the topic i am just trying to find out what i can do to help him. He has to serve 90 days before he can approach the judge again and i want to do what i can during that time period to get him released

Defence

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks guys for the comments. I am not sure about signing an online petition but more of a local petition. What had happened was that he was involved in an accident that took his friends life. We had been trying for over a year to get with the judge on trying to get him only probation for 10 years. When the sentencing came the gave him two options last year either the probation or jail time for 10 years but only if he had letters showing that he improved. He had over 50 and yet the judge still gave him the jail time?
There is a whole lot of about people that even close friends don't know. They can't give a lengthy sentence without the proper channels. I hate to offend, but perhaps the evidence against him is compelling.

You sound very passionate about wanting to help your friend, I would suggest fundraising for his defence. Raise money among family, friends and locals and get him a better representatives.

Ultimately its entirely possible that there's more to this than you or even his own parents know. That said, good luck with your efforts. I believe justice will come out one day in every case. Just keep praying

If he was responsible for the death of the girl then it's only fitting he is punished.

Last edited:

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The whole trial seemed to be going in a way that could at least help him out. I understand that the young lady lost her life but the family of the deceased as well as the friends (plus the ****in media) made him out to be a bad guy... He got them in a bar to drink but they made it seem as if he forced them too when i know for a fact that he was being who he was a nice guy. Unfortunately he made the wrong decision that you can just trust anybody??? So a lesson to everyone out there don't trust anybody or don't be to nice because it can bite you in the ass. But back to the topic i am just trying to find out what i can do to help him. He has to serve 90 days before he can approach the judge again and i want to do what i can during that time period to get him released
So he drove while he was drunk?

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If he was speeding and or drunk driving, then the sentence is sort of what he deserves.

Whether it was a fair punishment or not is irrelevant after the Judge sentenced him. So if it was truly an accident and the judge made that decision after telling him to get some letters, you should see a professional like a lawyer or something. Petitions won't help.

AnimusOra

Veteran
Kin
25💸
Kumi
2,253💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is a whole lot of about people that even close friends don't know. They can't give a lengthy sentence without the proper channels. I hate to offend, but perhaps the evidence against him is compelling.

You sound very passionate about wanting to help your friend, I would suggest fundraising for his defence. Raise money among family, friends and locals and get him a better representatives.

Ultimately its entirely possible that there's more to this than you or even his own parents know. That said, good luck with your efforts. I believe justice will come out one day in every case. Just keep praying

If he was responsible for the death of the girl then it's only fitting he is punished.
So he drove while he was drunk?
If he was speeding and or drunk driving, then the sentence is sort of what he deserves.

Whether it was a fair punishment or not is irrelevant after the Judge sentenced him. So if it was truly an accident and the judge made that decision after telling him to get some letters, you should see a professional like a lawyer or something. Petitions won't help.
You see but the problem here is that if this was true justice it wouldn't be to send him to jail. Some rehabilitation or something else. He already has his life screwed with the felony charge. The victims seemed more to be getting revenge then justice. And yes unfortunately he was drunk when it happened. But at the same time the girl wasn't wearing her own seatbelt. At some point she should be held accountable for that. If he survived the crash and she didn't that was the major difference between what happened. This guy has literally half a year of school left. He went to be a mechanical engineer and he had a good future towards him. The girl won't get her life back and wondering or saying if she could is naive at best. But to actually make him lose the future to when he was deeply remorseful and told the parents he was sorry (still kept a relationship with them after the accident) the judge still gave him time. From what i heard what happened at the hearing everything was going well until the friends and family stepped in causing a scene and even invited the media to record what happened. Thats just a slap in the face. Its already bad enough whats happening to him to embarrass him? He is somebody's child too.

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You see but the problem here is that if this was true justice it wouldn't be to send him to jail. Some rehabilitation or something else. He already has his life screwed with the felony charge. The victims seemed more to be getting revenge then justice. And yes unfortunately he was drunk when it happened. But at the same time the girl wasn't wearing her own seatbelt. At some point she should be held accountable for that. If he survived the crash and she didn't that was the major difference between what happened. This guy has literally half a year of school left. He went to be a mechanical engineer and he had a good future towards him. The girl won't get her life back and wondering or saying if she could is naive at best. But to actually make him lose the future to when he was deeply remorseful and told the parents he was sorry (still kept a relationship with them after the accident) the judge still gave him time. From what i heard what happened at the hearing everything was going well until the friends and family stepped in causing a scene and even invited the media to record what happened. Thats just a slap in the face. Its already bad enough whats happening to him to embarrass him? He is somebody's child too.
So you're complaining about the whole Justice system? Sorry but none of us can help you there.

Drunk driving is a crime, maybe he should have had a lesser sentence because she wasn't wearing a seat belt, but he still killed someone by driving while drunk.

AnimusOra

Veteran
Kin
25💸
Kumi
2,253💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly everybody even if he is to serve the 10 years i would feel like i failed him as a friend if i can't do what i can to see if he gets out of this situation. Normally i would be on the other side saying give him as much time as he needs but he isn't a hardened criminal and that is whats going to happen to him.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The main problem here is that he was driving while he was drunk. That's some real issues. Yeah it was bad for the girl not to use the seatbelt but it was more wrong for your friend drive when he was drunk. He should have known that when you drink, you can't drive. He should have called a taxi and then the next day pick up the dar and everything will have went smoothly and without problem but no. Your friend decided to drive and see what happened. A petition won't change the outcome of this.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly everybody even if he is to serve the 10 years i would feel like i failed him as a friend if i can't do what i can to see if he gets out of this situation. Normally i would be on the other side saying give him as much time as he needs but he isn't a hardened criminal and that is whats going to happen to him.
Actually you're doing great. You're trying to seek for help but there's no help towards this issue. I'm sorry to hear this and RIP for the family of the girl.

AnimusOra

Veteran
Kin
25💸
Kumi
2,253💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well i guess the overall outcome of this is that i am going to have to keep digging to find out the truth. Thanks everybody who was involved in this conversation. Believe me all of your comments helped me towards my goal and for that i am truly thankful.

-AnimusOra

Reactions: iNotorious

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
RIP to the girl, they both made mistakes but one died because of the other one.
Do what you can to get him out or at the very least shorten his sentence, good luck.

Defence

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's hard but learn to forgive the girls family and friends. They have lost her forever. Your friend was really foolish to get behind the wheel drunk. 9/10 times nothing diasterous happens but when it does, you appreciate the drink driving laws.

Good luck to him