Alfred Pennyworth

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
...without refering to our connections with people, societies and countries? is it possible to have a unique identity only based on our intrinsic qualities? would these qualities even mean anything without all these connections? imo the concept known as identity was invented only to serve the purpose of distinguishing oneself in the presence of other beings so it is nonsensical to ask this question.

Bling Kai

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Everybody is a diffrent and unique even without that stuff of course. The fact that we alll have different parents proves we are all unique.

3MESSIAH

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the way i see it we cant define ourselves as individuals because we are more than that...we are a collective consciousness which consists of all separate individualities and these individualities are merely illussions or projections of the colective consciousness` mind

Reactions: Waindo and YowYan

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the way i see it we cant define ourselves as individuals because we are more than that...we are a collective consciousness which consists of all separate individualities and these individualities are merely illussions or projections of the colective consciousness` mind
This pretty much wraps up the thread.

Reactions: 3MESSIAH

Transcendence

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well... This is actually a really good question.

In a way, no we can't. We as people are moulded by our environments. Your parents, the people you associate yourself with, the country around you, and the activities you partake in. Those all reflect on you as a person and is part of your growth as a human being. However, you do have your own intrinsic qualities in which allows you to react to this environmental stimuli and depending on those qualities, it shapes you as a whole. You're not just simply going to change from being an introvert (as a normal quality of yours) if you have nothing to push that change within you.

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's a pretty interesting point of view. Thanks.

Well... This is actually a really good question.

In a way, no we can't. We as people are moulded by our environments. Your parents, the people you associate yourself with, the country around you, and the activities you partake in. Those all reflect on you as a person and is part of your growth as a human being. However, you do have your own intrinsic qualities in which allows you to react to this environmental stimuli and depending on those qualities, it shapes you as a whole. You're not just simply going to change from being an introvert (as a normal quality of yours) if you have nothing to push that change within you.
I do agree with all of this, very good statement imho.

Btw thanks for making this thread, it's refreshing to see someone trying to arrange a reasonable conversation.

Alfred Pennyworth

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everybody is a diffrent and unique even without that stuff of course. The fact that we alll have different parents proves we are all unique.
that is why i ask if we still are without associating ourselves with other people, inc parents..we could be our parents ' child, a student of a school, the brother of a sister..etc. but take away all these connections, who are we?

NineSNS

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We are all more alike than we feel comfortable admitting, hence the need to define oneself.

To admit that you're no different would require that you treat others with at least the same care that you give yourself.

SSStylish

Veteran
Kin
93💸
Kumi
2,560💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We only live in the eyes of others.

I am "the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world." Nothing special