[Discussion] can swordsman effect devil fruit users???

opticsnm

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
can a swordsman say zorro hurt a devil fruit user with his sword ???if so do you think hawk eye might of taught him how????
is their like an episode when this occured ????

MantoraSama

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He can hurt anyone who is tangible and weaker than him. In logia cases, he needs Color of Arm Haki. Other then that, his blades could hurt any other devil fruit user. Besides Buggy, that is.

And, Zoro showing the ability to use Color of Arm Haki hasn't happen in any manga chapter or anime episode.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If you're asking about general DF, then it obviously depends on the general abilities of the DF. Anyone can cut through Luffy's Rubber body, while no one can harm Buggy's Chopped body with sharp objects. If you're talking about Logia, Vista was able to hurt Akainu with his sword by using Armament's Haki. As of now, only Haki users that are able to use that type of Haki and imbue it in their weapons can fight Logia effectively, but of course, depending on the characteristics of the DF, they may figure out a way. For example, if Zoro were to soak Crocodile in water, he would be able to cut him.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ben Beckmann was able to stop Kizaru by pointing a gun at him. So it appears that even ranged weapons can be infused with haki.

And I think with haki that buggy can be cut too, that aspect of his body is not different from Logia users.

MantoraSama

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ben Beckmann was able to stop Kizaru by pointing a gun at him. So it appears that even ranged weapons can be infused with haki.

And I think with haki that buggy can be cut too, that aspect of his body is not different from Logia users.
It is actually a fact that long ranged attacks can be infused with haki. Remember the Kuja's arrows?

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Hum, I'm not certain of that first one. It did seem like it. Ben Beckmann was badass in that scene xd

I don't know. I said on another thread, Zoan works differently from Paramecia and Logia, and it can only be assumed that Paramecia works differently than Logia. We saw that Mihawk's attacks were useless against Buggy, when they "fought" at Marineford. Thar would mean 1 of two things:

Hawkeyes has no Haki (Or at least no Armament's Haki), which I found hard to believe. That being said, Zoro is probably without Haki too.

Hawkeyes has either Haki or some other power that allows him to fend off DF users, but, unlike with Logia, they don't work on some of the Paramecia given powers. I don't think Mihawk got to the no 1 position being a simple swordsman, he must have some sort of power that enables him to fight DF fruits, and as such, Zoro must have inherited it.

It is actually a fact that long ranged attacks can be infused with haki. Remember the Kuja's arrows?
That's different. You're actually touching the arrow before they are released. With bullets you don't have physical contact with anything but the gun. But I don't know.

~Tempa E~

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hum, I'm not certain of that first one. It did seem like it. Ben Beckmann was badass in that scene xd

I don't know. I said on another thread, Zoan works differently from Paramecia and Logia, and it can only be assumed that Paramecia works differently than Logia. We saw that Mihawk's attacks were useless against Buggy, when they "fought" at Marineford. Thar would mean 1 of two things:

Hawkeyes has no Haki (Or at least no Armament's Haki), which I found hard to believe. That being said, Zoro is probably without Haki too.

Hawkeyes has either Haki or some other power that allows him to fend off DF users, but, unlike with Logia, they don't work on some of the Paramecia given powers. I don't think Mihawk got to the no 1 position being a simple swordsman, he must have some sort of power that enables him to fight DF fruits, and as such, Zoro must have inherited it.

I don't think hawk eyes was taking that fight with buggy seriously, i think it was simply that he didn't imbue his sword with haki, i doubt that hawk eyes would be haki-less or he wouldnt of been able to fight on par with shanks for so many years

MantoraSama

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

That's different. You're actually touching the arrow before they are released. With bullets you don't have physical contact with anything but the gun. But I don't know.
However, is it really drastically different? Ben could simply engulf his whole gun in Arm Haki. Then, he can simply fire. Just like you can't be believe Hawkeye becoming the best swordsman without some special power, how can you not for Ben, who threaten-still an admiral and is the 2nd in command of a Yonkon. Lol?

Last edited:

s0ulja

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yes, zoro is capable of hurting logia's with his swords, given he has haki. from what i saw haki acts like a nullifier to logia abilities.
in the case of buggy..i think he also may be cut...but would require a skilled swordsmen whos capable of producing many thin slices, eg mr 2's attack (atomic something :s)
..i would think mihawk would have haki, esp given his status and reputation
..i also think all weapons can be infused with haki, long or short

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
However, is it really drastically different? Ben could simply engulf his whole gun in Arm Haki. Then, he can simply fire. Just like you can't be believe Hawkeye becoming the best swordsman without some special power, how can you not for Ben, who threaten-still an admiral and is the 2nd in command of a Yonkon. Lol?
I'm not questioning whether he has Haki or not, I'm just saying, you use your own strength to pull the bow, touching the arrow. Then you release, your power allied to the power of the bow and allied to the power of the spirit. But with a gun, you don't need to do any strength, you just press the trigger.
That's why I'm unsure if it should work. But it would be if Kizaru just threw his hands in the air for nothing.