Can Obito double suicide with anyone (everyone)?

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The advantage of transportation techniques is that they offer the best defence - don't get hit. The disadvantage is that to attack, you must still strike with superior speed (and potency) than your opponent.

This is how Killer B stopped Minato and almost all opponents managed to hurt Obito (Minato, Torune, Sasuke-Itachi, Konan, Kakashi), they simply waited for them to try to attack because they can't use their techniques while attacking. Simple prediction and timing.

However, if a teleporter didn't care about getting hurt, they would be almost guarantees to tag any oponent within their speed level. The weakness of the attacking side only applies because it uses a counter threat against the teleporter.
In this regard, the ability of Obito to also phase out anything he is touching - particularly weapons - works well in this regard. This ability also allows him to bypass shield-type defences, quite literally. The only problem is that when he does unphase, his opponent can have placed a simple kunai or stone in his head zone to do massive damage to him as well. However, if he didn't care for this, then he would be able to do massive internal damage to opponents too because his weapon would simply materialise inside them. This potential makes sense of why Minato considered his warping to be superior to FTG. The ability of FTG to have multiple tags gives it better defence because Minato can choose his location at any moment. However, it adds very little to attack because opponents can simply follow his kunai. With the ability to phase inside opponents, warping is much better for attack.

WIth this in mind, is there anyone (within his practical range, obviously) that Obito can not guarantee a draw with through his phasing ability? Suigetsu, Hidan and maybe Zabuza are the ones who come to mind, for me. What say you?

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I doubt that, but even if he can, the problem lies with activating the skill.

The moment he activated the phasing on something, he has solidify his body.
I don't know why you doubt it, I can't recall which chapters it was mentioned in, but it was confirmed he sends body parts to box land. So the rest remains tangible.

I don't see why activities the skill would be an issue, he's been using it for years.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know why you doubt it, I can't recall which chapters it was mentioned in, but it was confirmed he sends body parts to box land. So the rest remains tangible.

I don't see why activities the skill would be an issue, he's been using it for years.
Yes, he can send his own body parts. Here, we're talking about a weapon part.

Before he activates anything, he must solidify. That's why Konan could beat him.

In this scenario, Obito would phase himself plus weapon in order to bypass defences, but he would have to solidify again to solidify the weapon. This is because when he activated his phasing, his whole body is in automatic mode. The parts which are tranferred to his dimension are simply those forced there by contact with objects in the normal world.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, he can send his own body parts. Here, we're talking about a weapon part.
A weapon part attached to his body part, which is in his control.

Before he activates anything, he must solidify. That's why Konan could beat him.
That I can't recall, but I'm assuming it was full body phasing at that time.

In this scenario, Obito would phase himself plus weapon in order to bypass defences, but he would have to solidify again to solidify the weapon. This is because when he activated his phasing, his whole body is in automatic mode. The parts which are tranferred to his dimension are simply those forced there by contact with objects in the normal world.
Only if he goes for full-bodied phasing is what I'm arguing. I'll have reread his powers when I'm free to give a better explanation.

Reactions: Infant
Kin
200💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The advantage of transportation techniques is that they offer the best defence - don't get hit. The disadvantage is that to attack, you must still strike with superior speed (and potency) than your opponent.

This is how Killer B stopped Minato and almost all opponents managed to hurt Obito (Minato, Torune, Sasuke-Itachi, Konan, Kakashi), they simply waited for them to try to attack because they can't use their techniques while attacking. Simple prediction and timing.

However, if a teleporter didn't care about getting hurt, they would be almost guarantees to tag any oponent within their speed level. The weakness of the attacking side only applies because it uses a counter threat against the teleporter.
In this regard, the ability of Obito to also phase out anything he is touching - particularly weapons - works well in this regard. This ability also allows him to bypass shield-type defences, quite literally. The only problem is that when he does unphase, his opponent can have placed a simple kunai or stone in his head zone to do massive damage to him as well. However, if he didn't care for this, then he would be able to do massive internal damage to opponents too because his weapon would simply materialise inside them. This potential makes sense of why Minato considered his warping to be superior to FTG. The ability of FTG to have multiple tags gives it better defence because Minato can choose his location at any moment. However, it adds very little to attack because opponents can simply follow his kunai. With the ability to phase inside opponents, warping is much better for attack.

WIth this in mind, is there anyone (within his practical range, obviously) that Obito can not guarantee a draw with through his phasing ability? Suigetsu, Hidan and maybe Zabuza are the ones who come to mind, for me. What say you?
Not happening.

• Angry
Reactions: minamoto