HENI

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've been working at a factory for two weeks. Friday I wasted some resources by printing out more labels than needed. And I put some good poster boards on the dirty floor because I thought they were bad.. can I get fired for wasting resources? I'm scared! I won't repeat it

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've been working at a factory for two weeks. Friday I wasted some resources by printing out more labels than needed. And I put some good poster boards on the dirty floor because I thought they were bad.. can I get fired for wasting resources? I'm scared! I won't repeat it
Hi Heni!

You must be aware that you are under the Juridical "Adaptation Period".It happens with your kind of job. Pay attention.

"At the end of six months, an adaptation review will be performed and the supervisor and employee will discuss the employee's performance, suitability for, and adjustment to the position. Any changes to the requirements of the position may also be discussed."

"Employment during and after the adaptation period is at will."

@Bold: You must investigate what is this period in your country.

Considering you've broken "rules", yes, your supervisor can call you out, and even dismiss you. It's a common sense in a lot of countries that no factory, industry, shop is obligated to keep its employers.
But keep in mind that it all depends on your supervisor. He has all the power to analyse the situation and most important: listen.
If he doesn't call immediatly, just after some time, make sure you have a nice reputation, explaining that you learned a lot , and now you are able to fully understand how the place works.

And even if you were already a formal employer, in my view, you couldn't be fired by "Just Cause for Dismissal".
" In order for an employer to allege just cause in terminating you for incompetence, the employer will have to show that you were warned that you were failing to meet objective standards of performance and that, despite these warnings and the opportunity to improve, you continued to underperform."

Investigate what are the clauses in your country that make it possible.

If you see that your chief dismissed you no under this circumstances, you can make them pay a fine, or whatever your nation says you have a right to when such thing happens.

But all in all, I don't think the worse will happen. It usually takes much more to fire someone by just cause.

As for you thinking that you are not as good as the others, remember " So if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching, and it will be given him. But let him keep asking in faith,not doubting at all,for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about. " - (James 1: 5-6)

I hope it helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pumpkin Ninja

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Speak to ur fellow worker ask him to get things done. Also if someone points it out tell them you are in learning process and ask him to give few more days to get into work nature.

I would say ask your colleuge how things are done here. Does managment take severe action because of mistakes. However i dont think u would sacked unless you have employment protection act they cannot fire you rightaway.

I dunno but US have strict labor laws on firing people from factories.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hi Heni!

You must be aware that you are under the Juridical "Adaptation Period".It happens with your kind of job. Pay attention.

"At the end of six months, an adaptation review will be performed and the supervisor and employee will discuss the employee's performance, suitability for, and adjustment to the position. Any changes to the requirements of the position may also be discussed."

"Employment during and after the adaptation period is at will."

@Bold: You must investigate what is this period in your country.

Considering you've broken "rules", yes, your supervisor can call you out, and even dismiss you. It's a common sense in a lot of countries that no factory, industry, shop is obligated to keep its employers.
But keep in mind that it all depends on your supervisor. He has all the power to analyse the situation and most important: listen.
If he doesn't call immediatly, just after some time, make sure you have a nice reputation, explaining that you learned a lot , and now you are able to fully understand how the place works.

And even if you were already a formal employer, in my view, you couldn't be fired by "Just Cause for Dismissal".
" In order for an employer to allege just cause in terminating you for incompetence, the employer will have to show that you were warned that you were failing to meet objective standards of performance and that, despite these warnings and the opportunity to improve, you continued to underperform."

Investigate what are the clauses in your country that make it possible.

If you see that your chief dismissed you no under this circumstances, you can make them pay a fine, or whatever your nation says you have a right to when such thing happens.

But all in all, I don't think the worse will happen. It usually takes much more to fire someone by just cause.

As for you thinking that you are not as good as the others, remember " So if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching, and it will be given him. But let him keep asking in faith,not doubting at all,for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about. " - (James 1: 5-6)

I hope it helps!
Unless he is not from USA then those rules wont apply. Labor law varies with different countries.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Did they found out it was you? If they didn't, your good. Just be careful next time. If they confront you, then take responsibility and tell them it would not happen again.

Also, don't tell them the poster boards were "good" and you put them "on the dirty floor." You just insulted them and would probably make it worse.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Unless he is not from USA then those rules wont apply. Labor law varies with different countries.
No. Civil Law and Common Law countries have similar foundations in Labor law. That's including the Period of Adaptation and Just Dismiss.

I take he is from Netherlands. So yes, it will apply perfectly. He just has to check the specific clauses to being fired in his country.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No. Civil Law and Common Law countries have similar foundations in Labor law. That's including the Period of Adaptation and Just Dismiss.

I take he is from Netherlands. So yes, it will apply perfectly. He just has to check the specific clauses to being fired in his country.

Heni's an American, if I remember correctly he wanted to join the US marines.