Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nope. With edo they'll have a fake Rinnegan which makes them not able to use Rinnegan real power.

With RDS i doubt it also since you'll need to sacrifice yourself to use it.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nope. With edo they'll have a fake Rinnegan which makes them not able to use Rinnegan real power.

I'm sure you can do Demon Consuming Seal or whatever, as long as the Edo has a soul to trade. Rinnegan explained already when Madara tried to use its powers or something.

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I agree with this except about RDS.

RDS works in basically the same way whether you're the user or the target, and RDS can take an Edo Shinobi's soul as seen with the First and Second Hokage, so I don't see why RDS wouldn't simply just take the Edo Shinobi User's soul at the end the same as anyone else.

Solarmoth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Impure Reincarnation technique allows the user to tie up the soul of the deceased to the real world by giving them the body and chakra of a living sacrifice. So if the revived shinobi uses rinne or shiki fuujin, they'll still be ripped off thier life unless he/she is an uzumaki.

Moral is, you dont get an immortal unlimited soul, just body and chakra.

MightGai

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the "fake rinnegan" is due to it being the contract itself to gedo mazou. Edo Nagato with his fake rinnegan as well used all the paths and powers of Rinnegan that he was able to. When Madara was resurrected, since his eyes were hidden by Obito (well, one of them, the other one he had it), it's logical to asume that he wouldn't be revived with another set of rinnegans (or else, there would be some cloning hax there).

Regarding Shikifuujin, I guess so, the bodies do have a soul, so they can trade that and do the seal.

Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think so rinne tensei requires a trade of lifeforce to revive a person and an edo doesnt have life force it only has a soul.

If I'm not mistaken the reaper death seal can't be used by all living individuals such as Jinchuriki and they're alive. So I don't see how Edo Tensei could possibly use it. Other than that I think there's a time limit to it with how much lifeforce you've got to expend and Edo don't have life force so that's out of the question.

Solarmoth

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think so rinne tensei requires a trade of lifeforce to revive a person and an edo doesnt have life force it only has a soul.

If I'm not mistaken the reaper death seal can't be used by all living individuals such as Jinchuriki and they're alive. So I don't see how Edo Tensei could possibly use it. Other than that I think there's a time limit to it with how much lifeforce you've got to expend and Edo don't have life force so that's out of the question.
Maybe thats why Minato didnt use that jutsu in Edo.