HENI

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello guys so I need help to lose weight and gain fitness. My older cousin told me to do three sets of push-ups three sets of pull-ups three sets of sit ups and three sets of squats every day for a year. He looks very fit and he said that was what he did when he was younger around my age. I am 24.

What do you guys think of this calisthenic workout? Is it too simple?

Calpal

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nope, it'll work. Unless you have digestive issues or genetic problems w losing weight.
Get two 30 pound weights, theyre a good weight for cutting off fat

HENI

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nope, it'll work. Unless you have digestive issues or genetic problems w losing weight.
Get two 30 pound weights, theyre a good weight for cutting off fat
I have two 20 pound weights. What do I use them for? And should I substitute sit-ups with planks? A friend told me planks are superior

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello guys so I need help to lose weight and gain fitness. My older cousin told me to do three sets of push-ups three sets of pull-ups three sets of sit ups and three sets of squats every day for a year. He looks very fit and he said that was what he did when he was younger around my age. I am 24.

What do you guys think of this calisthenic workout? Is it too simple?
Do what works for YOU. Don't try to do what everyone else is doing.

Test the waters out.Find what's comfortable for you...do things at your own pace.

Don't get all extreme and abuse your body just to look lean and fit, cause that's just self-contradictory. And don't KILL yourself just to eat small proportioned meals. You don't find something that's comfortable and works for YOU, specifically, you'll just bounce back to your old habits again, cause you were being entirely too extreme and trying to be like someone else.

Pretty much, don't live a lie. Do it for the right reasons.

Konno

Legendary
Kin
1,863💸
Kumi
1,498💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You already made a thread similar to this a while ago, it was about Greek God training.
Why make another one and brink it up? Didn't you get enough advice earlier?

Calpal

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have two 20 pound weights. What do I use them for? And should I substitute sit-ups with planks? A friend told me planks are superior
The weights are a supplement to your regiment. Hold one to your chest on your final set of sit ups, hold them down at your side during you squats, etc.. 20s are perfect for someone trying to lose weight, do you have alot of existing muscle mass already?

also, standing free-weight shoulder presses are good for helping shape your upper body, and inclined/declined free weight bench presses.
I dont go to the gym or anything but ive been in shape my whole life, and also i have alot of friends who workout lol.

Ps: smaller, more frequent meals. If youre feeling up to it, repeat you routine twice or more a day. And walking, listen to music and go for a walk.
I forgot, planks are good, if theyre the supermans that im thinking of. But its more for your back, it is also pretty beneficial for your core strength.

Last edited: