Verta

Veteran
Kin
164💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yo ok so, from what I understand the byakugan is a kekkei genkai dōjutsu from the Hyuga clan but as for actual ability I don’t really understand much, from what I know it has abilities similar to the Sharingan where you can see others chakra flow and chakra points also the ability to see in almost 360 degrees. That’s about all chief.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yo ok so, from what I understand the byakugan is a kekkei genkai dōjutsu from the Hyuga clan but as for actual ability I don’t really understand much, from what I know it has abilities similar to the Sharingan where you can see others chakra flow and chakra points also the ability to see in almost 360 degrees. That’s about all chief.
Wew you sheltered, i mean, wew...

Right so few things:

1. It can see 360 degrees apart from like one small blind spot in the back of your neck, series plot thing. But that never comes up in the rp.

2. You can see chakra, but dude, you have super vision. You can focus and zoom in on shit with this and see like landmarks away. Like you know how a camera can zoom in? So can your eyes chief.

3. You can see through solids, like xray vision. You focus and see through stuff where sharingan can't. You can look through like walls or other jutsu by focusing.

4. You can see all the chakra points in someones body, which with this you can target them with the gentle fist style. Not only this but you'd see if they are your own chakra system is effected in some way, so you could see if your in a genjutsu due to your chakra flow being different.

5. Tracking, you can track the same as 3t sharingan and perceive stuff before it happens. Like see it in slow motion, increasing your reaction time.

Reactions: Verta

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh shit I am sheltered lmao, I didn’t realise how much more there was to it.
(Dōjutsu: Byakugan) Eye Technique: The All Seeing White Eye
Type:
Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 15 (+5 per turn to keep active)
Damage: N/A
Description: The kekkei genkai intrinsic to both the Hyūga and Ōtsutsuki clans—descendants of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki. Those who possess this dōjutsu have it manifested as eyes with featureless white irides and no visible pupils. And when activated, the pupils become more distinct and the veins near their temples bulge. To activate the dōjutsu, Hyuga but not Ōtsutsuki clan members are initially obliged to use a rather long and specific sequence of handseals: Horse → Tiger → Boar → Hare → Rat → Dog → Horse → Dog → Hare → Rat → Boar → Snake. But once activated, the dōjutsu user is endowed with a range of skills.

To start, an activated Byakugan gives the user a near 360º diameter field of vision bar one blind spot at the back of the neck, above the first thoracic vertebra. Its vision can penetrate through any solid objects or obstructions, and likewise remains unaffected by blinding interferences. But that being said, certain barriers and the like may distort its perception. In addition, it is able to follow high-speed movements, which enables those with this dōjutsu to analyze their foes' actions and better react to them. The Byakugan is also able to see chakra to a higher degree than the Sharingan and ergo, identify where a person's chakra signature originates from. Beyond that, it can discern certain types of clones from the real person. And its ability to see chakra is in fact so acute that those who possess this dōjutsu are even able to see the chakra pathway system and the 361 tenketsu that comprise it. The Hyūga clan has gone so far as to develop their unique Gentle Fist style in order to capitalize on this particular ability.

Note: Hyuga clan bios of at least Sannin rank become able to passively activate their dōjutsu upon one month having passed since Gentle Fist training concluded. Ōtsutsuki bios never need to expend a move in order to activate it.
Note: While traversing the NW, bios with activated Byakugan are able to see up to two 2 adjacent landmarks away while those of sage rank can see as far as three away, but this doesn't extend beyond an ocean landmark.

https://animebase.me/threads/byakugan.721244/

Have a read, nevermind how good tenseigan can be too

Verta

Veteran
Kin
164💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Damn dude as I said, this sounds hella good. Just a question in regards to activing it, as see in the anime neji is able to active it without handseals at the rank of Genin, jut wondering why it is different here.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Damn dude as I said, this sounds hella good. Just a question in regards to activing it, as see in the anime neji is able to active it without handseals at the rank of Genin, jut wondering why it is different here.
Neji a childhood genius chief, you aint O_<

This does need updating due to sannin rank no longer existing to be fair, i'll bring it up in the sensei forum

Verta

Veteran
Kin
164💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As far as I know the gentle fist is not a “physical” attack as much as it attacks the individuals chakra points in a manner that cuts them off/ turns them off which renders the opponent unable to use/manipulate chakra from those points.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As far as I know the gentle fist is not a “physical” attack as much as it attacks the individuals chakra points in a manner that cuts them off/ turns them off which renders the opponent unable to use/manipulate chakra from those points.
How many chakra points does someone else?
How else has gentle fist been seen to be used?

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are 361 I think and as for gentle fist alternative uses the only thing I can think of is neji’s Rotation technique.
The rotation works on the basis of the other application, raw bursts of chakra.

With the rotation, you release a instant burst of chakra through every point, and spin at the same time, creating the full effect of the rotation, that ultimate defence.

So the second application is bursts.

Hinata has made a third, where she make like blade strings to cut through bees in a filler ark haha.

That and twin lion fist, but you lame rank and can't use that.

Any questions? Also can you use up to C ranks at this point/

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No questions here. All sounds pretty sick tho
Ok so from this point you can use the byakugan, but not passively.

Now for the first jutsu, break it down:

(Jūken: Tenketsushin) - Gentle Fist: Tenketsu Needle
Type:
Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: Targeting a single chakra point, the user delivers a two-fingered strike at the opponent, in an attempt to plug the chakra that's being used and halt its flow.

Verta

Veteran
Kin
164💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok so, this is a shot range attack jutsu designed to block a opponents chakra point thus stopping the flow of chakra. It is a single target and single hand attack delivered with two fingers being depressed into the opponents chakra point then discharging a small amount of chakra to disable the point that was targeted.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok so, this is a shot range attack jutsu designed to block a opponents chakra point thus stopping the flow of chakra. It is a single target and single hand attack delivered with two fingers being depressed into the opponents chakra point then discharging a small amount of chakra to disable the point that was targeted.
Spot on.

(Jūken: Hyūga Ryuu Taijutsu) - Gentle Fist: Hyūga Style Taijutsu
Type:
Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: A mini barrage of gentle fist strikes that equal 16 in total. Rather than targeting chakra points, the strikes can hit multiple inner organs to cause more widespread damage overall.

Verta

Veteran
Kin
164💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok so again this is a short range attack technique with the purpose to disable the opponents chakra points. It is a multi point and dual handed technique more focused on widespread damage rather than a single targeted point, the main contributing factor is the ability to strike the chakra points of multiple internal organs causing devastating damage whilst also disabling the use of chakra but it is not limited to only the chakra points of organs this technique can be used just the same as all other gentle fist techniques.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok so again this is a short range attack technique with the purpose to disable the opponents chakra points. It is a multi point and dual handed technique more focused on widespread damage rather than a single targeted point, the main contributing factor is the ability to strike the chakra points of multiple internal organs causing devastating damage whilst also disabling the use of chakra but it is not limited to only the chakra points of organs this technique can be used just the same as all other gentle fist techniques.
A thing to note is, even though it's only a low rank, the key power will come from the detail you put into it. Like if you can say you hit in the center of their chest, striking that one point, winding them, they are gonna struggle. Skill comes from detail and use.

Now for the best one:

(Jūken: Hakkeshou Kaiten) - Gentle Fist: Eight Trigrams Palm Revolving Heaven
Type:
Defensive/Offensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 10-40
Damage: 20-80
Description: A maneuver that obliges advanced chakra control—achieved via training in the Gentle Fist style—to release varied amounts of chakra from all of the user's 361 tenketsu, simultaneously. And in the midst of doing so, the user proceeds to rapidly spin and thereby, form a rotating shield of chakra with their own person at the epicenter. This functions as a defense to compensate for the Byakugan's blind spot as the released chakra blocks everything in a true 360° range and is able to send those struck by it careening back.

Note: D to C-rank is short-range while each rank thereafter will increase the diameter by 5 meters.

Verta

Veteran
Kin
164💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm. This a variety technique that is dependent on the users skill and intent. This technique can be used in one of two ways:
1: this is a multi-skill level jutsu that can be used to block oncoming attacks, in basic the technique is based around the release of chakra from every angle possible whilst rotting at a fast speed to generate a spherical shape that deflects attacks but it also serves the purpose as to cover a minor weakness within the byakugan.

2: with this application of the jutsu one can take the extreme defence and do a 180 flip into an attack version. The application for this is that the force generated by the rotation and release of chakra act in a manner similar to a skill involving knock back whilst also adding the elements of chakra that had the ability to physically damage opponents upon contact.

Not to mention the fact that in a multi-opponent situation this technique can be used in attack and defence simultaneously due to the basic yet overly complex execution of the jutsu.