Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Looking into salt (the topic, i don't have the microscope to look into the actual grains), it seems quite good. So i onder why it gets all the bad stig, especially in online contexts

In religion, Christianity is famous for the line "you are the salt of the world", which is clearly supposed to be a positive thing since following remarks speak of it as necessary and the context of the statement has it referring to followers of the religion. Christianity itself follows on from Judaism which associates salt as such an important element that in ritual sacrifices it is instructed to never " leave out the salt of the covenant", covenant which is called the "Covenant of Love". So clearly salt is a good thing here. Well, there is that part about someone being punished, supposedly, by being turned into a pillar of salt, but maybe some explanation for that passage can salvage the salt itself from a negative light.

In philosphy, you have it that salt being something which is derived from the ocean and taken from land makes it some sort of balancing agent. That part of it also makes it something which tends away from water and towards land/earth. Since earth is supposed to be mother nature' while water breaks things down and rusts/dissolves them, this association is a positive one. Since people are not only moulded from earth but also tread upon it, this makes salt something of a brother to people.

In application, you have it that people are built to consume organic matter, preferably plants but even meat is useful. They are not built to consume inorganic matter such as crystals. Yet among all these, salt stands out as not only consumable, but healthy. It helps regulate blood pressure, which can be life saving, potentially. Even outside of mortality, it adds flavour to normal food. Even sugar, its rival, only works positively if you happen to be hypoglycemic. Otherwise, its just a trap of bad business for your teeth and can mess with kids brains - causing hyperactivity and then leaving you with a low - with just a little pinch. Salt, on the other hand, carries no such long and short term dangers if consumed moderately. Even outside of conventional consumption, salt is medicinal in the form of the many types of bath salts that are good for your skin and general health. So for a race that has no business consuming anything non-organic, salts breaks away from its crystal associates to have many benefits.

Even in spirituality, salt stands in shining light. It is supposed to offer some sort of barrier protection against some types of harmful spirits, protecting people from things they cannot even see!

So with all this in mind, i wonder why salt gets such a negative rep. Is it something to do with the salt itself, something i missed, or is it perhaps a mark of this generation, that we take our best allies and feed them to the sewers?

What say you?