Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So in respect to Mental Health week which was 2 months give or take ago. I was reading on Facebook about some of the reasons as to why people were bullied,what caused their mental illnesses and one of the big ones that stood out to me was bullying in school.
What are your thoughts on why people but kids going through high school particularly are so cruel to one-another why do they judge others? is it because of today's general society ,is it how they were raised? what do you guys think?

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The only way you will stop bullying is when you stand up for yourself. Usually telling any adult makes things worse for you. One day you will have grown tired of getting bullied and when that happens you'll ****ing stomp the other bastard and never get bullied again.

Wes Sine

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not enough attention on home, so they seek it in many ways in school... Also if someone bullys you, one straight punch in the jaw, case closed.

Osmon

Legendary
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Both tbh, today's society is shit and always try to put someone down it's also parent's fault for not educating his/her children. Bullying is also one of the reasons why people go super crazy and shoot up schools.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Both tbh, today's society is shit and always try to put someone down it's also parent's fault for not educating his/her children. Bullying is also one of the reasons why people go super crazy and shoot up schools.
Those people were already nuts to begin with. I think a parents duty is teaching their kid how to defend themselves so they can fight their own battles if another kid messes with them.

paratise

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It happens because people feel like they need to stomp on others to get higher. And they try to cover their insecurities by bringing other people down for their flaws.

Other than classic ~stand up for yourself~ rhetoric which is surface level and lacks understanding, we need to put responsibility on the assaulter and bystander instead of victim. The bad guys are a minority. The victims are a minority too, but not as much as bad guys are. The majority are the bystanders that we became a part of and normalized. In those social test videos about bullying most people just look and pass. So yeah standing up for yourself would be great (as if bullies chose victims which can stand up for themselves) but standing up for others and not being douche should be taught primarily.

Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agreed but what makes someone think...Hmm i'm going to bully this kid today? we all say its for attention but often more than not (atleast in Aus) its the "popular" kids which bully others and its the ones who don't get the attention at home which are the victims.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It happens because people feel like they need to stomp on others to get higher. And they try to cover their insecurities by bringing other people down for their flaws.

Other than classic ~stand up for yourself~ rhetoric which is surface level and lacks understanding, we need to put responsibility on the assaulter and bystander instead of victim. The bad guys are a minority. The victims are a minority too, but not as much as bad guys are. The majority are the bystanders that we became a part of and normalized. In those social test videos about bullying most people just look and pass. So yeah standing up for yourself would be great (as if bullies chose victims which can stand up for themselves) but standing up for others and not being douche should be taught primarily.
Standing up for yourself teaches you a valuable lesson of not getting stepped on in the future. No one who gets bullied knows how to stand up for themselves but they learn which is why they don't get bullied again. In real life you will need to do the same thing. It's true a bully only goes after someone who can't stand up for themselves but that's why you need to do it. Not tell other people to come help you, why would they? This is your problem. What happens when other people intervene is you never get an opportunity to be courageous and that will show up throughout your life, in your workplace, in your relationships, you'll be the mother who gets disciplined by her 8 year old son. So you gotta face it sooner or later.

Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Standing up for yourself teaches you a valuable lesson of not getting stepped on in the future. No one who gets bullied knows how to stand up for themselves but they learn which is why they don't get bullied again. In real life you will need to do the same thing. It's true a bully only goes after someone who can't stand up for themselves but that's why you need to do it. Not tell other people to come help you, why would they? This is your problem. What happens when other people intervene is you never get an opportunity to be courageous and that will show up throughout your life, in your workplace, in your relationships, you'll be the mother who gets disciplined by her 8 year old son. So you gotta face it sooner or later.
I'll be honest having actually been bullied when i was around 10-13 by older students during primary school(yr5,6,7) You don't just decide to stand up for yourself everyone says its not hard to do it and that we should but...It's not as easy as alot of people think or believe it is.Instead we grow distant with nearly everyone.Even at that young age sure we reach a "boiling" point but once it blows over and trust me it does.We go back to be quiet since everyone see's you as well weak and not wanting to stand up for yourself.Its just a cycle.And unless you do a sport or your teachers are overly helpful and watchful well there's not much you can do.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll be honest having actually been bullied when i was around 10-13 by older students during primary school(yr5,6,7) You don't just decide to stand up for yourself everyone says its not hard to do it and that we should but...It's not as easy as alot of people think or believe it is.Instead we grow distant with nearly everyone.Even at that young age sure we reach a "boiling" point but once it blows over and trust me it does.We go back to be quiet since everyone see's you as well weak and not wanting to stand up for yourself.Its just a cycle.And unless you do a sport or your teachers are overly helpful and watchful well there's not much you can do.
I can tell you as someone who got bullied himself, one day I decided I wasn't going to be bullied again and went to school with the sole purpose of fighting anyone who messed with me, it changed everything. Even if you get your ass kicked people will respect the fact that you won't take shit from anyone, even your bullies and I've had bullies that became good friends in the future. If this is an older student and he's stronger than you then if you have a big brother or something you can tell them what happened and they'll go handle it. I think it depends on the person but everyone reaches a point where they refuse to take anymore shit.

Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can tell you as someone who got bullied himself, one day I decided I wasn't going to be bullied again and went to school with the sole purpose of fighting anyone who messed with me, it changed everything. Even if you get your ass kicked people will respect the fact that you won't take shit from anyone, even your bullies and I've had bullies that became good friends in the future.
I suppose how you react would depend on your personality alot. delving into the whole extrovert/introvert debate If a kid were an introvert getting bullied what would his response be? keep in mind they are highly internalised people even at a young age.What would you do to stop it then? because it literally doesn't pop into their head to stand up for themselves.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I suppose how you react would depend on your personality alot. delving into the whole extrovert/introvert debate If a kid were an introvert getting bullied what would his response be? keep in mind they are highly internalised people even at a young age.What would you do to stop it then? because it literally doesn't pop into their head to stand up for themselves.
I'm an introvert myself. Listen, there is no excuse to not stand up for yourself unless you have a mental or physical problem that prevents that but if you're a normal healthy person you must do it. Your confidence will skyrocket afterwards.

Reraru

Legendary
Kin
11💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just make some random tough guy/girl your sister that's it. Well when someone tried to bully me I said that I have a big sister in 9th grade and she will beat you if you touch me. It worked. I was in 3rd grade. I was stupid before that and was always in tough situations. It went as far as me getting a fracture. I wasn't able to walk for three months.

I once fought them back they were my own classmates when they tried to hurt my sis. That was the last time they did that stupid thing. They were my friend yeah...

What I have seen is the people who bully weak ones have strict parents and they can't talk back to them that's why they take their anger on others while they can. Some just want to be mean lol.

~~~

Also what I have seen is that some people think their child can't just be wrong. There is a teacher in my school her son is always causing trouble and bullying little kids but she says he is innocent and she fights with others defending him.

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
High school is a time filled with insecurities. Body changing in at-the-time weird ways and you don't quite understand it. Emotions and hormones fluctuate. Grades and the transition from adolescence and childhood to adulthood. Really, puberty as a whole. Middle school and some of high school, they bully and put others down to feel better. Kids who do it just don't know better. Adults who do it are just mentally stuck.

Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm an introvert myself. Listen, there is no excuse to not stand up for yourself unless you have a mental or physical problem that prevents that but if you're a normal healthy person you must do it. Your confidence will skyrocket afterwards.
This might have been true for you but there is so many other people out their who just don't have a supportive family or anyone really to talk to.Think about it in a none biased way based on personal experience.If you were bullied had no supportive influence in your life and had absolutely no reason to stand up to the bully..What would you do? how would you stop it then? I can tell you by that point they've developed atleast lower levels of depression.
Bullying is just something that has to happen it can't be stopped. If you get bullied just stand up for yourself p.ussy.
If your not going to add anything to this conversation...leave I myself am not getting bullied currently nor do I foresee any in the future why? Because im a brown belt in martial arts and orange in another. might be a little egotistical but you don't get to that level without knowing how to defend yourself.
I'm making this conversation not only for my own insight but so that when i do start coaching in my sports next year should any kids there show signs(trust me there are signs) of being bullied i want to be able to tell why and how to best help them.

Filosoofis

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This might have been true for you but there is so many other people out their who just don't have a supportive family or anyone really to talk to.Think about it in a none biased way based on personal experience.If you were bullied had no supportive influence in your life and had absolutely no reason to stand up to the bully..What would you do? how would you stop it then? I can tell you by that point they've developed atleast lower levels of depression.

If your not going to add anything to this conversation...leave I myself am not getting bullied currently nor do I foresee any in the future why? Because im a brown belt in martial arts and orange in another. might be a little egotistical but you don't get to that level without knowing how to defend yourself.
I'm making this conversation not only for my own insight but so that when i do start coaching in my sports next year should any kids there show signs(trust me there are signs) of being bullied i want to be able to tell why and how to best help them.
I've bullied people not like to death but making fun of others is how a high school and pre-highschool just works. Of course you shouldn't make people kill themself. But I hate pussies that kill themself cause they get bullied. Surivival of the fittest they need to stand up for them self.

Lyanna Stark

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've bullied people not like to death but making fun of others is how a high school and pre-highschool just works. Of course you shouldn't make people kill themself. But I hate pussies that kill themself cause they get bullied. Surivival of the fittest they need to stand up for them self.
All good you think that but what you do literally affects them on such a level its not funny.Sure i got bullied when i was younger I "survived" as you put it but do you think about what it does to them? even now nearly 5 ****ing years later i still get some minor anxiety from the bullying.Always thinking am i good enough? are they really my friends or just putting up with me?
If you want compare it to a soldier who went to war returned what do they usually suffer? PTSD much like bullying often brings out other difficulties for the victim.

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The only way you will stop bullying is when you stand up for yourself. Usually telling any adult makes things worse for you. One day you will have grown tired of getting bullied and when that happens you'll ****ing stomp the other bastard and never get bullied again.
Not enough attention on home, so they seek it in many ways in school... Also if someone bullys you, one straight punch in the jaw, case closed.
So violence to solve violence.

Karna

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kids are just civilized apes, they go by instinct and don't have a sense of empathy or consequences, so in immediate vicinity- whatever makes them feel better and distracts others from their own flaws/potentially things to be targeted, all bullies are afraid to go to war, that's true, but in a reverse situation(bullied and bully) same thing is most likely to happen.

Wparker6804

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People are crap & children are less intelligent or self controlled. Bullies and jerks exist regardless of age but children have much less self control & are less likely to consider the concequences. They seek to vent, entertain & feel dominance regardless of the cost of others just like adults do. They're young but they're still human.

As far as the victims not standing against it? Wow, so many reasons for that.