Moe22

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey Narutobase members, so earlier today I was watching Garden of Words by the director Makoto Shinkai. I was completely blown away by the animation. Like Seriously, I've never seen any animation as amazing as that. I went on to watch 5 centimeters per second, and the Z-kai:Cross roads commercial. I'm in love with those backgrounds =D The plot of his other movies didn't really interest me very much, so here's where my questions comes: Do any of you know of any other anime or anime movies where the animation is this great? If so, please give your recommendations! Also, it's preferable if it's in the slice of life category; as I love realistic themes such as the ones displayed in Makoto Shinkai's films.

Here's some examples of the animation I'm talking about:
You must be registered for see images

Reactions: Jack Spicer

ayesha161

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you think that animation blows you away you need to see BOG. There is one scene in that movie that beats all anime animation thus far.

Moe22

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you think that animation blows you away you need to see BOG. There is one scene in that movie that beats all anime animation thus far.
Never heard of it! Details? Or a link?
Edit: I'm an idiot.I looked up "BOG anime" XD
It has been on my to watch list for a while, is it good? apart from the animation
It's great!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Revyy

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Never heard of it , but the animations look really awesome , it's really nice when you get that quality in anime , makes the experience so much better .

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Where's the animation?

All I see is artwork, which is good, even if some of the colours are a little over-saturated.

Animation is the motion of images and how fluid or jerky they are.

Good animation:

Bad animation:

Last edited:

Takure

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll give it a try ^.^ Any daily life anime worth watching? Like Sket Dance or Hyouka?
The Monogatari series is pretty awesome. They fall under these genre: Comedy, Mystery, Romance, Supernatural.

Here's some more that you might like:

(Another short movie)

Reactions: Moe22

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The best animation I've seen so far where character motions are concerned was in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Especially during slow motion scenes, it's just gorgeous (the series Melancholy is great, too). Artwork, the current champion in my eyes is Mushishi. It's absolutely beautiful. Few others, ranked by how good I think their visuals are:

• Eden of the East
• Clannad (slice-of-life, you can't beat it)
• Attack on Titan
• Highschool of the Dead
• Psycho-Pass
• Wolf's Rain
• Ghost in the Shell
• Ergo Proxy