Boruto vs Shinki in the Chunin Exams' finals?

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In the new opening, we see a small sequence of Boruto fighting Shinki, evading his sand and sending some shadow clones at him.

You must be registered for see images

This segment comes right after Boruto fighting Yudai, then Shikadai, his respective quarter finals and semi finals opponents in the Chunin Exams. Could this maybe mean then that they will be retconning things so Boruto beats Shikadai and gets to the finals before being exposed? I think it would make more sense given the way they've been setting Boruto up as this massively strong prodigy. Kote or not, I don't think he'd lose to Shikadai in a serious match given his anime feats so far. Not to mention, that would be quite the epic fight, and it would make Boruto being exposed even more dramatic if it happened after he won the tournament, and we'd be sure to get a proper idea of what Shinki can do.

On the other hand this does raise some questions. For one, we saw the final match in the chunin exams was supposed to be a three-way brawl. Is there a third part, Mitsuki or Sarada, fighting here and they're just not showing it because the focus is on Boruto? Or did something else result in a double elimination during the semi finals to make it so only Boruto and Shinki were fighting each other?

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This segment comes right after Boruto fighting Yudai, then Shikadai, his respective quarter finals and semi finals opponents in the Chunin Exams. Could this maybe mean then that they will be retconning things so Boruto beats Shikadai and gets to the finals before being exposed?
@Bold

Definitely possible.

Keep in mind that in the Novel ( written by Kodachi ) Boruto never cheated against Yudai, so yeah I guess they can change that part.

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He got disqualified how he gonna fight Shinki?
It's likely gonna get retcon based on the amount of new story elements that was announced. Boruto will either beat Shikadai by his own hand ( Going by the novel, he defeated Yurie without cheating) or he cheated and made into final round without being expose. If not, then perhaps the OP is just false imagery to promote hype and actually stick to the manga storyline.

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Here is the part I'm talking about.

Boruto’s opponent in the first round was Kumogakure’s Yurui. He was a guy who was hard to read, but he had a terrible suppressive power within his jutsu that turned his bubblegum into bombs.

However, Boruto overcame him. His plan to mix the shuriken technique he’d learned from Sasuke along with the skill he’d learnt from Konohamaru bore fruit.
so yeah some stuff will most likely get retconned.

Vulpini

Elite
Kin
325💸
Kumi
1,092💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Fair enough, he would've lost the device, but that's completely off topic.
On topic, I don't think it'll be retconned.

Him losing the fight and getting disqualified against Shikadai is far more significant than getting disqualified against Shinki.

If anything, they will make Boruto fight him @ capture the flag instead of making him fight the twins.

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
On topic, I don't think it'll be retconned.

Him losing the fight and getting disqualified against Shikadai is far more significant than getting disqualified against Shinki.

If anything, they will make Boruto fight him @ capture the flag instead of making him fight the twins.
Not possible at all. Shinki will be fighting Metal Lee which will expand and leaves more significant impact than fighting Boruto on the 2nd phase of the exam.

Also if the anime is not gonna get retconned, then Sarada vs Shinki and other participant in round 2 will never happen since Boruto vs Shikadai was the first and the last matchup before it got interrupted.

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Anyone that says Boruto beat Shikadai is asinine. Shikadai shitted on Boruto.

Shinki vs Boruto I'm looking forward too, only because I want to see Shinki character development, and so I can see how bad he shits on Boruto.