Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naruto fanboys and Boruto haters alike, rejoice! You can all quit your bitching now about how you "hate" the Boruto anime for wasting your time with non-manga content, as I would argue that the movie-arc has now officially begun!

A lot of us already are aware of past comments/news surrounding the movie-arc, but for those still unaware the movie-arc adaptation was confirmed a long time ago to include a lot additional content cut from the movie for various reasons; however, the only content that was confirmed to be reintroduced was an extended fight between Sasuke and Kinshiki, as well as the third Otsutsuki, the rest of the content was never specified. Most of you probably know where I'm going with this, and I hope that I don't need to point out obvious examples but the current episode (Ep51) clearly indicates the start of the movie arc. I didn't get around to watching the episode until earlier today so I wasn't able to participate in the discussion hype when it aired, but the general vibe I got from threads earlier in the week was that people were annoyed the next episode is focused on Zetsu. I don't understand why people would feel annoyed by this, as it was very clearly tied to Kaguya and the movie-arc, which also tells me that the Zetsu situation is one of those unconfirmed additions to the arc.

So - hopefully now people can move past the endless amount of shitposting on the anime temporarily, as the anime has now jumped toward the very thing you've been clamoring for. Enjoy it while it lasts, because as soon as the movie-arc is over it's all downhill from there.

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naruto fanboys and Boruto haters alike, rejoice! You can all quit your bitching now about how you "hate" the Boruto anime for wasting your time with non-manga content, as I would argue that the movie-arc has now officially begun!

A lot of us already are aware of past comments/news surrounding the movie-arc, but for those still unaware the movie-arc adaptation was confirmed a long time ago to include a lot additional content cut from the movie for various reasons; however, the only content that was confirmed to be reintroduced was an extended fight between Sasuke and Kinshiki, as well as the third Otsutsuki, the rest of the content was never specified. Most of you probably know where I'm going with this, and I hope that I don't need to point out obvious examples but the current episode (Ep51) clearly indicates the start of the movie arc. I didn't get around to watching the episode until earlier today so I wasn't able to participate in the discussion hype when it aired, but the general vibe I got from threads earlier in the week was that people were annoyed the next episode is focused on Zetsu. I don't understand why people would feel annoyed by this, as it was very clearly tied to Kaguya and the movie-arc, which also tells me that the Zetsu situation is one of those unconfirmed additions to the arc.

So - hopefully now people can move past the endless amount of shitposting on the anime temporarily, as the anime has now jumped toward the very thing you've been clamoring for. Enjoy it while it lasts, because as soon as the movie-arc is over it's all downhill from there.
Downhill? Why? KARA arc isn’t good?

OT: Well i’m interested in the changes and the expanded fights let’s hope SP won’t disappoint

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Downhill? Why? KARA arc isn’t good?

OT: Well i’m interested in the changes and the expanded fights let’s hope SP won’t disappoint
It's not so much that I think the Kara arc isn't good. When I said it was all downhill after the movie-arc, what I meant was that after this the anime will have nothing left to fallback on - we either are forced to endure (potentially) years of filler, or we go the DBS route where the anime loosely follows the cliff notes of the manga but drags the arcs on well beyond reason to accommodate for the lack of source material. In either scenario, we lose and all these whiners will just be back complaining about how the anime has become inferior to the manga. This thread is low key aimed at all the people who consistently whine about how the anime is "taking too long to get to the canon material".

And yes, I too am very excited for this arc. I hope that this arc has been planned out to last a more traditional anime season length of 24(ish) episodes, as I do believe if handled right they could make this better than the actual movie.

Oooo expanded content. Ill watch
Yep! The director of the Boruto movie was tapped to directing the anime itself, so way back when the movie-arc was confirmed to be re-adapted in the anime the director himself was explaining that there was hours of content he wished could have been included in the film and was excited that he'd be able to reintroduce all that content in the anime. So in a way I'd view the anime adaptation as more of a director's cut of the movie than just a re-adaptation, which makes me very excited for this arc.

Last edited:

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are you seriously getting mad about people having "standards"?

lmao, and why do you sound pissed about the anime finally having canon episodes?You should be just as relieved as others who care.

Maybe now I can finally start watching Boruto again.

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have nothing to complain about because:

I didn’t like the anime so I stopped watching. (Isn’t that what you guys like to bitch back about?)

I’ve been reading solely the manga and will continue to do so until there is a substantial amount canon material to watch in the anime.

It means I won’t be watching the CE (for a 3rd time) even with the changes. I’ll just continue to wait.

Last edited:

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are you seriously getting mad about people having "standards"?

lmao, and why do you sound pissed about the anime finally having canon episodes?You should be just as relieved as others who care.

Maybe now I can finally start watching Boruto again.
Hey now, hey now, people can set whatever standards they like. I've just noticed a trend since the anime premiered last year that the current community has been a little impatient since Ep1. People seem to want to just jump to the canon material, yet no one else seems to remember what this same studio did to the parent series. This anime MIGHT go the route of DBS (which in my opinion isnt a good route either), but the butchering of Naruto Shippuden is far too recent to leave anything but a sour taste in my mouth.

I have nothing to complain about because:

I didn’t like the anime so I stopped watching. (Isn’t that what you guys like to bitch back about?)

I’ve been reading solely the manga and will continue to do so until there is a substantial amount canon material to watch in the anime.

It means I won’t be watching the CE (for a 3rd time) even with the changes. I’ll just continue to wait.
Fair enough.

Pakura

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is no manga to adapt. We already went through the damn movie. Hell, they wasted our time adapting the movie for a manga when it was mostly the same stuff we already saw in the movie. The only thing anyone is interested in is the chunnin exams cause they were never really shown and what was shown was rushed through. That they can have numerous episodes on. The rest is just rehashed stuff.

There is no canon anymore cause after this arc we will be in uncharted territory. The manga moves way too slow so the anime will once again have to be the canon for the series.

NextGenNinja

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is no manga to adapt. We already went through the damn movie. Hell, they wasted our time adapting the movie for a manga when it was mostly the same stuff we already saw in the movie. The only thing anyone is interested in is the chunnin exams cause they were never really shown and what was shown was rushed through. That they can have numerous episodes on. The rest is just rehashed stuff.

There is no canon anymore cause after this arc we will be in uncharted territory. The manga moves way too slow so the anime will once again have to be the canon for the series.
Once again?