18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Confrontation!!"

Boruto Manga Chapter 31 Discussion and 32 Predictions

Discuss Boruto Manga 31 here and predict the next chapter, Boruto Manga 32

BEGIN READING HERE @ 221B BAKER STREET

Please remember to rate this Month's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Houtarou and Rohan

Yahcob13

Veteran
Kin
4,288💸
Kumi
2,616💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He may have to go full Kurama to contain the situation. There's no telling whats gonna happen when Koji enters the fray. They are gonna need backup tho. I really want to see the original team 7 in action again.

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I feel like Naruto has been nerfed massively in Boruto series, it's making me dislike Boruto series a lot :mad:
To be fair, it's not just the Boruto series that has nerfed Naruto. Kishi nerfed Naruto at every point after the fight with Sasuke. He just had to go and take away RSM didn't he (or at least the version with the truth seeking balls that we saw in the war)?

People say that hokage Naruto's mode is still RSM because of the eyes and their lack of SM pigmentation while still having the cross in his eyes. That makes some sense and I want to believe it, but it still annoys me that Kishimoto had to either take away or restrict RSM Naruto from using everything that actually made RSM unique and distinguishable from BSM back during the war.

I honestly prefer teen Naruto and how his modes/power we're handled back then over this ambiguous mess known as hokage Naruto.

Back during the war, all of Naruto's modes were actually unique and distinguishable from each other in both design and powers/abilities.

Example:

KCM granted Naruto the ability to use chakara arms (and many new rasengan variants that were made possible by the use of chakara arms), yellow flashing speed, and later mini bijudama. He also got negative emotions sensing.

BM/BSM retained all of the above abilities, but in addition to those abilities, BM allowed Naruto to manifest actual parts of Kurama's body to use for offense and defense. In fact, Naruto could even manifest Kurama's whole body, and as such he could use whole bijudamas (not just mini ones). Design wise, he also donned a different appearance from KCM Naruto because BM Naruto actually got a whole new jacket-like cloak, whereas KCM had no such cloak.

Then when it comes to RSM, Naruto once again gained several new abilities. Such abilities included the ability to use truth seeking balls, various biju kkg (which were very versatile since they even gave Naruto some sealing abilities like magnet style rasengan), the power of flight, etc... Design wise, it differed from its predecessors because Naruto's skin didn't glow, his eyes were yellow (not red or orange), and his cloak had the rinnegan and 9 tomoes on the back. His cloak was also shorter than the BM cloak.

Do you see what I mean? With each new mode that teen Naruto got, Kishi actually gave him new distinguished abilities and a new appearance.

With hokage Naruto's "RSM" however, he never does anything that he could not have done in BSM. He doesn't use truth seeking balls or biju kkg and it's debatable whether or not he still flies. Furthermore, the fact that he now wears a hokage cloak (as well as a jacket that he sometimes has open) also makes the issue of his cloak a debatable issue when it comes to the design of his modes. He lacks the SM pigmentation and has the cross in his eyes (which lends credibility to it being RSM), but his skin glows and his eyes are orange, and this makes it more like BM/BSM.

It really annoys me actually. Teen Naruto was better.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To be fair, it's not just the Boruto series that has nerfed Naruto. Kishi nerfed Naruto at every point after the fight with Sasuke. He just had to go and take away RSM didn't he (or at least the version with the truth seeking balls that we saw in the war)?

People say that hokage Naruto's mode is still RSM because of the eyes and their lack of SM pigmentation while still having the cross in his eyes. That makes some sense and I want to believe it, but it still annoys me that Kishimoto had to either take away or restrict RSM Naruto from using everything that actually made RSM unique and distinguishable from BSM back during the war.
Naruto's not like other characters he accesses RSM via fusion of Kurama cloak. That's because he wasn't born with it or wasn't the actual 10 tails jin, rather he was a pseudo jin. The SPSM(TSB) version was going to get nerfed that was the Pseudo 10 tails mode. With the loss of the TSBs Naruto lost the remainder of the beast chakra, I think.

Edit, there was the exception of when he used it against Madara to save Guy. But that was likely fuelled by Yang seal of Hogaromo. Sasuke also used a jutsu that could hurt Limbo with the seal/chakra.

Btw if Sasuke was severely nerfed during the fight and now is even more nerfed I don't see Naruto getting a free pass.

I honestly prefer teen Naruto and how his modes/power we're handled back then over this ambiguous mess known as hokage Naruto.

Back during the war, all of Naruto's modes were actually unique and distinguishable from each other in both design and powers/abilities.

Example:

KCM granted Naruto the ability to use chakara arms (and many new rasengan variants that were made possible by the use of chakara arms), yellow flashing speed, and later mini bijudama. He also got negative emotions sensing.

BM/BSM retained all of the above abilities, but in addition to those abilities, BM allowed Naruto to manifest actual parts of Kurama's body to use for offense and defense. In fact, Naruto could even manifest Kurama's whole body, and as such he could use whole bijudamas (not just mini ones). Design wise, he also donned a different appearance from KCM Naruto because BM Naruto actually got a whole new jacket-like cloak, whereas KCM had no such cloak.

Then when it comes to RSM, Naruto once again gained several new abilities. Such abilities included the ability to use truth seeking balls, various biju kkg (which were very versatile since they even gave Naruto some sealing abilities like magnet style rasengan), the power of flight, etc... Design wise, it differed from its predecessors because Naruto's skin didn't glow, his eyes were yellow (not red or orange), and his cloak had the rinnegan and 9 tomoes on the back. His cloak was also shorter than the BM cloak.

Do you see what I mean? With each new mode that teen Naruto got, Kishi actually gave him new distinguished abilities and a new appearance.

With hokage Naruto's "RSM" however, he never does anything that he could not have done in BSM. He doesn't use truth seeking balls or biju kkg and it's debatable whether or not he still flies. Furthermore, the fact that he now wears a hokage cloak (as well as a jacket that he sometimes has open) also makes the issue of his cloak a debatable issue when it comes to the design of his modes. He lacks the SM pigmentation and has the cross in his eyes (which lends credibility to it being RSM), but his skin glows and his eyes are orange, and this makes it more like BM/BSM.

It really annoys me actually. Teen Naruto was better.
While I agree with you RSM just amps up abilities to peak levels(Rokudo chakra etc), and gives extrasensory powers on another level. It's even argued that Naruto has lost RSM as he would've used it to find Sakura instead of TSM, during Gaiden.

It's all for Boruto's story Dattebasa, everybody has to be nerfed or fodderised. How else is he going to shine, it's even possible next chapter Naruto gets solo'd and Boruto steps in to solo Delta, or force a retreat.

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naruto's not like other characters he accesses RSM via fusion of Kurama cloak. That's because he wasn't born with it or wasn't the actual 10 tails jin, rather he was a pseudo jin. The SPSM(TSB) version was going to get nerfed that was the Pseudo 10 tails mode. With the loss of the TSBs Naruto lost the remainder of the beast chakra, I think.

Edit, there was the exception of when he used it against Madara to save Guy. But that was likely fuelled by Yang seal of Hogaromo. Sasuke also used a jutsu that could hurt Limbo with the seal/chakra.

Btw if Sasuke was severely nerfed during the fight and now is even more nerfed I don't see Naruto getting a free pass.

While I agree with you RSM just amps up abilities to peak levels(Rokudo chakra etc), and gives extrasensory powers on another level. It's even argued that Naruto has lost RSM as he would've used it to find Sakura instead of TSM, during Gaiden.

It's all for Boruto's story Dattebasa, everybody has to be nerfed or fodderised. How else is he going to shine, it's even possible next chapter Naruto gets solo'd and Boruto steps in to solo Delta, or force a retreat.
I get what you're saying and all. Now, I have certain reasons why I believe that Naruto in theory should still have the power we saw in the war, but that is not what I want to discuss right now.

What really just pisses me off is the fact that we never really got any formal verbal acknowledgement of Naruto losing RSM, and it was never initially established as a temporary power up either. I feel that if an author gives a main character a major powerup, they should let us know explicitly when it is going to be temporary or if it can run out.

For example, when Kakashi got DMS, we were specifically told from the beginning that it was limited time only, so it came as no surprise when the power left him.

However, we never got any such statements regarding Naruto's RSM. They just randomly decided to not have Naruto use it again!

To add insult to injury, we don't even get a verbal reference to it! Not in the Last. Not in Gaiden. Not in Boruto.

If Naruto truly lost all that power then all it would take for Kishi to tell us this is a simple dialogue as such:

Sasuke: "Naruto, whatever happened to that power you got from the sage of the six paths?"

Naruto: "My bijuu chakara ran out, so I can't use that anymore".

Or if Naruto by chance does still have it, we could get a dialogue like this:

Momoshiki (while extracting Kurama's chakara): I see you also have more of those beast chakaras inside of you aside from just that fox. (Evil laugh) That will make for much better pills.

Do you see what I mean? Simple dialogue could have prevented this confusion and debate that has gone on in the fandom for years! Did Kishi have the decency to even give us that though? No!

Heck, if he wanted it to be temporary, he even could have just had Hagoromo state this from the beginning!

Example:

Hagoromo (when telling Naruto and Sasuke to raise their dominant hands): I am going to give you a gift, but use it wisely. There is a limited amount and it will eventually run out.

or

Hagoromo: "Naruto, you will be the meeting place for the bijuus since you have the chakara of all 9 bijuus. Even once that chakara runs out, you will still maintain a telepathic link with the bijuus".

Anything like that would have been fine!

But noooooo! We can't even get a verbal mention!

Then Kishi has to screw with us even more with hokage Naruto's freaking design for whatever the heck that mode is!

If it is BSM, then why not just have Naruto keep the pigmentation? He had pigmentation in The Last and he has it in normal toad sage mode, so then what is the deal with this BSM/RSM? Like seriously! Why did he have to screw around with it like this?

On another note:

Did Kishi just hate Naruto or something? Like seriously! He gives Sasuke an epic permanent powerup (rinnegan) and gives Naruto only a temporary powerup?

wtf? I know you are going to say that rinnegan is a KKG while RSM is not, and I understand all that, but Kishi was the author. He could have found some way to give Naruto a permanent powerup whether it was RSM or something else (and no I don't mean that redundant full Kurama crap).

It's like Kishi just was bent on keeping Naruto weak and not versatile!

One more thing:

You say that Sasuke is nerfed now, and that is true to an extent since he is missing an arm. However, that has never actually seemed to affect Sasuke's jutsus usage. Sasuke hasn't lost a single ability. He can even still use chibaku tensei. Heck, Sasuke has even gained new abilities that he didn't have before such as the dimensional portals (or shadow clone jutsu which should allow him to make a susanoo army like Edo Madara).
Meanwhile, Naruto seemingly has actually lost several useful abilities such as:
Truth Seeking Balls (which can be used for several purposes)
Flight

Bijuu KKG such as magnet release (which grants him things like sealing jutsus)

Etc...

And what does Naruto have to make up for that?
Nothing!

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I get what you're saying and all. Now, I have certain reasons why I believe that Naruto in theory should still have the power we saw in the war, but that is not what I want to discuss right now.
Okay

What really just pisses me off is the fact that we never really got any formal verbal acknowledgement of Naruto losing RSM, and it was never initially established as a temporary power up either. I feel that if an author gives a main character a major powerup, they should let us know explicitly when it is going to be temporary or if it can run out.
I suppose you're right, although the author may be indecisive on the future direction. Often it affects the decision the author takes when they choose not to present a clear confirmation. It allows leeway for future course if need be.

For example, when Kakashi got DMS, we were specifically told from the beginning that it was limited time only, so it came as no surprise when the power left him.

However, we never got any such statements regarding Naruto's RSM. They just randomly decided to not have Naruto use it again!

To add insult to injury, we don't even get a verbal reference to it! Not in the Last. Not in Gaiden. Not in Boruto.
With Kakashi Obito was there and helping him, once Obito left the power left with him. You see it in there dialogue. It was the end of their story and required Kakashi to get closure.

RSM falls into a different category, 6PSM(the pseudo JJ mode) is pretty much gone with the TSBs. I don't think they'd give a verbal confirmation of it's disappearance if it's gone for the reason I mentioned above. Btw in Gaiden it was implied the mode was gone because TSM was used to try and locate Sakura. But, I do see you're point.

If Naruto truly lost all that power then all it would take for Kishi to tell us this is a simple dialogue as such:

Sasuke: "Naruto, whatever happened to that power you got from the sage of the six paths?"

Naruto: "My bijuu chakara ran out, so I can't use that anymore".

Or if Naruto by chance does still have it, we could get a dialogue like this:

Momoshiki (while extracting Kurama's chakara): I see you also have more of those beast chakaras inside of you aside from just that fox. (Evil laugh) That will make for much better pills.

Do you see what I mean? Simple dialogue could have prevented this confusion and debate that has gone on in the fandom for years! Did Kishi have the decency to even give us that though? No!
I see you're point but random dialogue won't slice the mustard. There needs to be a legitimate situation where he's asked to use it and says okay or I can't because...

Heck, if he wanted it to be temporary, he even could have just had Hagoromo state this from the beginning!

Example:

Hagoromo (when telling Naruto and Sasuke to raise their dominant hands): I am going to give you a gift, but use it wisely. There is a limited amount and it will eventually run out.

or

Hagoromo: "Naruto, you will be the meeting place for the bijuus since you have the chakara of all 9 bijuus. Even once that chakara runs out, you will still maintain a telepathic link with the bijuus".

Anything like that would have been fine!

But noooooo! We can't even get a verbal mention!

Then Kishi has to screw with us even more with hokage Naruto's freaking design for whatever the heck that mode is!

If it is BSM, then why not just have Naruto keep the pigmentation? He had pigmentation in The Last and he has it in normal toad sage mode, so then what is the deal with this BSM/RSM? Like seriously! Why did he have to screw around with it like this?
Kishi had a tight deadline, but I can understand how not k owing can be frustrating. Kishi gives us some detail and then allows us room to speculate. It's a mechanism which allows a person to maintain interest and the want to know keeps the reader enticed. And I've already mentioned indecision of future direction playing a major part in affirmation or rejection.

On another note:

Did Kishi just hate Naruto or something? Like seriously! He gives Sasuke an epic permanent powerup (rinnegan) and gives Naruto only a temporary powerup?

wtf? I know you are going to say that rinnegan is a KKG while RSM is not, and I understand all that, but Kishi was the author. He could have found some way to give Naruto a permanent powerup whether it was RSM or something else (and no I don't mean that redundant full Kurama crap).

It's like Kishi just was bent on keeping Naruto weak and not versatile!
Perhaps, but Sasuke's Rinnegan is heavily nerfed. He doesn't employ the 6 paths in combat whatsoever. The reason Sasuke's is permanent is because his body produces the rokudo chakra so it's an internal ability.

One more thing:

You say that Sasuke is nerfed now, and that is true to an extent since he is missing an arm. However, that has never actually seemed to affect Sasuke's jutsus usage. Sasuke hasn't lost a single ability. He can even still use chibaku tensei. Heck, Sasuke has even gained new abilities that he didn't have before such as the dimensional portals (or shadow clone jutsu which should allow him to make a susanoo army like Edo Madara).
Meanwhile, Naruto seemingly has actually lost several useful abilities such as:
Truth Seeking Balls (which can be used for several purposes)
Flight

Bijuu KKG such as magnet release (which grants him things like sealing jutsus)

Etc...

And what does Naruto have to make up for that?
Nothing!
Sasuke is definitely nerfed, he doesn't use the 6 paths accept in the fillers. He doesn't even use his arsenal of jutsu, chidori or it's variants. Instead he used the sword, streams lighting, Ameno, shuriken skills and the odd fireball.

The TSBs were generated by the tailed beasts chakra they're part of the pseudo JJ mode. Once a TSB is destroyed or removed from play it's gone, unless retrieved, which is why they were never regenerated by Madara.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.