Boruto is unnecessary

Widow Maker

Kin
28💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it just me or has this boruto manga continuation completely disgrace the Naruto series. Not only are we told that naruto who was our protagonist for over a decade is dead, we are left with a dissappointing image of the hero we once knew, if thats not bad enough, the so called boruto manga is just a copy of the boruto movie split into chapters. And we are supposed to look forward to that ?

i blame this on kishimotos greed, he shouldve ended the series shortly after the pain arc, with a tobi/madara follow up arc, no zombie world war, no over the top planetary level fights, no boruto manga. Thanks to all that mess, i dont think i'll ever feel like watching naruto again.

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I understand where you are coming from with this. It does suck that we have to wait for some number of months while the author converts the movie into manga chapters, but you are jumping the gun a bit.

We don't know for a fact that Natuto is dead. He could be sealed away somewhere. What Nawaki said was meant to get us, the readers, speculating as to what might be happening. We can't really say Naruto is dead until it is actually confirmed in the manga. Other than that, I wish they would move in to the new content already.

Reactions: Widow Maker

Widow Maker

Kin
28💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah its a shame that Kishimoto sold out like this. It baffles me that he'd do this to his work. With that said, I can't blame him. Money talks LOUD!
With all the fame naruto had, one would think he should be settled for life. But hes just greedy.

he should have the honor to preserve hes work with integrity.

I understand where you are coming from with this. It does suck that we have to wait for some number of months while the author converts the movie into manga chapters, but you are jumping the gun a bit.

We don't know for a fact that Natuto is dead. He could be sealed away somewhere. What Nawaki said was meant to get us, the readers, speculating as to what might be happening. We can't really say Naruto is dead until it is actually confirmed in the manga. Other than that, I wish they would move in to the new content already.
what youre saying gives hope, but it doesnt erase the damage that has already been done to the narutoseries.

Last edited:

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
With all the fame naruto had, one would think he should be settled for life. But hes just greedy.

he should have the honor to preserve hes work with integrity.
Assuming it was entirely his choice. Let's not forget Kishi works for Shonen. Many of the Shonen manga draw waaaaaay past their prime when the meat of the story ends. Just look at DBZ, Shaman King, etc. some of them go out perfectly without over-exposure but many of them end up like Naruto where they should have ended but keep going for the sake of the almighty yen/dollar/pound/ etc.

rollin

Elite
Kin
25💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's not kishis decision it's shonen jumps
He said he's not drawing naruto anymore so they got an editor too
If it was up to kishi naruto would be over with

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah its a shame that Kishimoto sold out like this. It baffles me that he'd do this to his work. With that said, I can't blame him. Money talks LOUD!
He's under a contract and Shueisha own rights to Naruto... I doubt Kishimoto "sold out" because he said after Naruto was finished, that he wanted to move onto something new. It's more likely that Shueisha initiated this (with Kishi being unable to say otherwise), and that's he getting paid a small commision for playing a small role.

Mangakas work long hours and really, don't get paid that much.

Sasuke The Solo God

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He's under a contract and Shueisha own rights to Naruto... I doubt Kishimoto "sold out" because he said after Naruto was finished, that he wanted to move onto something new. It's more likely that Shueisha initiated this (with Kishi being unable to say otherwise), and that's he getting paid a small commision for playing a small role.

Mangakas work long hours and really, don't get paid that much.
Thats pure speculation. Show me proof. They're a publishing company. For all you know, they only own the rights to publish Naruto. And this does not change the fact that Kishi sold out, whether he agreed with Boruto or forfeited his ownership of Naruto, its still a sell out.