Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
-----------------------------
I am in no way the source of the Spoilers.
All the credits for the hardwork go to OrganicDinossaur from Reddit.

Boruto Chapter 29 - Spoilers

(Credits to @ReBoot for finding the cover image)

You must be registered for see images

WSJ Cover PG
N/A
Title
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu
Cover PG
Green-shirted Kawaki. Pretty-boy model pose, holding his neck. Black pants, brown belt.
Last PG
Kawaki with the glue and bag of Himawari's broken vase.
Toad is watching over him.
KK monitoring Kawaki through it. "So you were here, Kawaki...I found you."
Preview Blurb
Boruto CH.30 will be officially released in Japan in WSJ joint issue #4-5 on 12/22~!
Spoilers
(22/11/2018)

(OrganicDinossaur's notes)

Kinda weirded out that KK croaks like a toad...'Gyoro'. Or I guess some type of 'ribbit' in English?
Nice parallel taijutsu sparring match: Boruto VS Paparuto, and then flashback of Kawaki VS Jigen.
Jigen clubbed Kawaki straight in the face with a bou. Rude.
Boruto and Paparuto (with bandaged hand) do the Wakai no In after sparring. This is the most iconic panel for the chapter.
I would say there is a healthy mix of dialogue and action this chapter. Delta + Homestay continued + Kawaki/Dadruto office talk
雷遁・迅雷箭 (Raiton: Jinraisen // Lightning Release: Thunderclap Arrow) from Boruto. Kage-Bunshin from both Paparuto and Boruto in the sparring match.
Kawaki and Himawari spectated. They're really into it!

Update (23/11/2018)

Paparuto did beat Boruto (with his karma activated too) during the sparring match.
The Jigen flashback is quite depressing.
Basically it's a section full of almost every possible kana/kanji combo to call Kawaki empty/useless/hollow/nothing/a hole.
This part is not quite wordplay, but is a bit difficult to express in English. (Rei and I will have to work extra hard on this to revise properly).
Jigen's emotional and physical abuse is...A bit much.

Update II (23/11/2018)
Chapter Summary

This is basically the chapter dissected.
SCENE #1: KK/DELTA SPLIT (PG 1-4)
  • Opens with KK landing in the middle of an alleyway, slipping his hood back on.
  • Meanwhile, Delta is still on the tree-branch outside of the A-N doors.
  • She re-thinks what KK told her about how the sensory unit detects outsiders. She guesses that he might be circumventing the system somehow.
  • She thinks that KK actually had deceived her into believing his story. Now she’s unable to monitor him, too.
  • Scene shift back to KK walking in the streets of Konoha.
  • He low-key apologizes to Delta, but this mission was his responsibility to deal with anyway.
  • A toad emerges from his pocket: It will do his bidding.
SCENE #2: UZUMAKI RESIDENCE (PG 5-7)
  • Kawaki sits with an elbow on the table, propping his head up. He’s staring at the vase and glue.
  • Meanwhile, Boruto is playing a portable video game. (Looks a bit like Mario franchise setting?)
  • Paparuto suggests that they do some shinobi sparring since Boruto isn’t on a mission today.
  • Boruto is trying to play it off cooly. He says that he’s at a good spot in the game right now~
  • But… He’ll go if Papruto insists! As long he’ll be Boruto’s sparring partner.
  • Himawari teases Boruto on the opposite sofa segment because of how happy he got. Boruto reminds her that she shouldn’t be doing that. (Even though it’s true!)
  • Paparuto convinces Kawaki to tag along by telling him that it’s an opportunity to get some research on ‘Karma’.
SCENE #3: BORUTO VS PAPARUTO (PG 8-26)
  • Boruto reminds Paparuto not to go easy on him. Paparuto is interested to see how far Boruto’s training has come.
  • Himawari cheers for Boruto :3
  • Boruto rushes Paparuto first in a short taijutsu sequence, followed by producing three Kage-Bunshin.
  • Kawaki seems intrigued by Boruto using the Hokage’s signature move.
  • Paparuto easily kicks back Boruto and dodges his attacks.
  • Suddenly, Kawaki intervenes. He tells Boruto to use ‘Karma’.
  • Kawaki tells him that not only will they learn more about it, but it’ll help them figure out how to remove it. First step is being able to freely manipulate it.
  • Kawaki activates his seal, which automatically causes Boruto’s to react and surface.
  • The mark is shown on his palm and all the way through his neck and eye on Boruto’s right side, like usual.
  • It’s markedly clear from the get-go that it enhances physical strength and makes the wielder stronger, according to Kawaki. Paparuto acknowledges this fact too.
  • Plus, Paparuto says that they’re better off testing it in training practice, rather than in actual combat.
  • Boruto lunges at Paparuto again, and uses Raiton: Jinraisen (Lightning Release: Thunderclap Arrow) in his left hand.
  • Paparuto uses Kage Bunshin and sacrifices a clone to the attack. He then seemingly disappears.
  • Paparuto surmises that this power-up will be proportionate when used in combination with jutsu too.
  • He re-emerges from behind of Boruto, and deals him a swift kick. Ends the bout.
  • Paparuto acknowledges that Boruto has gotten stronger due to training well.
  • Seal of Reconciliation (Paparuto’s bandaged hand + Boruto’s Karma-less left hand)
  • Himawari explains the concept of it to Kawaki.
SCENE #4: JIGEN IS ONE RUDE DUDE (PG 27-32)
  • Now we shift scenes into Kawaki flashback, training with Jigen.
  • Kawaki is already knocked back from the start.
  • Jigen is wielding a long, black bou (similar to the flash-forward one used in Kawaki VS Boruto)
  • Jigen commands Kawaki to get back up already.
  • Kawaki is already huffing and looks exhausted.
  • “If you aren’t able to use ‘Karma’...Then there’s no value to your existence.”
  • Kawaki stares desperately at his palm, gritting his teeth.
  • Kawaki yells at Jigen to stop already. He’s had enough. He wants to have it removed from him.
  • And then we get this lovely lecture from Jigen (My script snippet was edited and revised with my beloved translator buddy, Rei! This should be close to the final draft):
...Kawaki...​
You have nothing...‘Family’, ‘Friends’, ‘Power’, ‘Talent’...​
You don’t happen to possess even one of those things. You’re ‘Hollow’...​
And above all else...You, yourself… Despise that emptiness within you...​
You, yourself... Deny your own worth...​
There’s an empty ‘Hole’ in your heart.​
It’s not something that can be filled, regardless of what you’ll obtain.​
Because it’ll only come spilling out of that ‘Hole’.​
That’s why I gave you ‘Karma’...​
There’s only one thing that can fill the empty hole in your heart.​
A special ‘Seal’...​

• Jigen once again, commands Kawaki to get back up. It’s too troublesome to kill off Kawaki and look for the next replacement anyway.
SCENE #5: KAWAKI AND PAPARUTO, HEART-TO-HEART (PG 33-41)
  • Scene shift back to the Uzumaki residence.
  • Kawaki is sitting leisurely on a futon, Paparuto reading a book at his desk opposite of him.
  • Kawaki asks Paparuto: Is that really how Boruto and you normally interact? Boruto seemed to have fun.
  • Paparuto asks Kawaki if he wants to train next time for ninjutsu.
  • Kawaki says that would be pointless. He’s not a shinobi, and that he can’t manipulate chakra.
  • Paparuto replies that can’t be true. Everyone has chakra inside of themselves! It’s not something exclusively used by ninja or just for ninjutsu.
  • Chakra is a power that connects everyone to eachother.
  • Kawaki then asks about Kage Bunshin. It seems pretty useful to be able to do many different things at once.
  • Kawaki suggest that he’d be able to use to hit himself if he ever got frustrated or mad. He’d always be able to vent.
  • Paparuto says that it won’t improve his mood like that.
  • Kawaki pries further: How would he know that? Not unless he tried it before?
I did…
A long time ago...​
I’m living proof of it.​

• Paparuto goes on to say that he’s better off training and fighting with an actual opponent, and having a rival. The world will change for Kawaki, if he made some friends.
  • We pan to photos on the wall, one of which is the classic Team 7 group photo with Kakashi.
  • Kawaki retorts that it sounds like a complete lie.
  • Paparuto stands up from his desk with a huge smile, and says: “I’m living proof of it.”
  • Kawaki walks out back…To the bag full of the Himawari’s vase shards.
  • He stares at the glue bottle in his hand.
  • A toad hops up to the fence. It stares intently at Kawaki.
  • Elsewhere (like implied remotely monitoring through the toad), KK’s eyes bulge.
“So you were here, Kawaki…I found you.”​
// END CHAPTER.

Leaked Images

(@ReBoot for bringing the sauce)

I am in no way the source of the Spoilers.
All the credits for the hardwork go to OrganicDinossaur from Reddit.

Last edited:

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks for the share.
where sarada and the snake boy tho

& thx for sharing
Np.
Sarada and Snake boy are warming the bench, the waste of potential is too damn high. Sarada isn't even being used to give a proper analytical insight on everything.. Kodachi is annoying af, he can't do more than one thing.
Post automatically merged:

Updated the OP with the latest stuff from OrganicDinossaur.

Last edited:
Reactions: salamander uchiha

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ikemoto deserves some appreciation he has improved so since 1st chapter.The problem is kodaichi now his story is slow paced and Weak
He has, still needs to get his sh*t together 'tho, especially in terms of perspective and depth. Also he his kind of weird with the proportions, if you look at Kawaki left arm in the cover, it just looks weird, it is like he has a miniature arm. The elbow is not in the right place to begin with..If you do a similar pose, you will see that your elbow will be next to or below the ribcage.

Kodachi is almost offensive with the way he writes. He annoys me so much..

:onion-msn-smileys-21:

FreeTanner17

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His artwork has definitely improved, but there’s still a long way to go to get to Kishimoto level. Also, I hate the pacing of having to wait a month in between chapters. It’ll be years it feels like before we get anywhere with this