Boruto (anime) is just disappointing right now and new ep is the worst so far for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkel

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Admittedly, I am extremely biased to anything Naruto related and will watch it regardless of quality but nostalgia aside surely we can agree that the writing of the anime (which is filler right??) is pretty trash right now. Like I know this website is filled with unwavering Naruto fans but surely despite still liking it overall we can admit that some of the asspulls in Boruto right now would be rubbish if they were implemented in any other anime.

Reasons (This episode specifically):

- Sarada is too overpowered. I honestly forget she's an academy student. She has sharingan already, can copy jutsu and match previously unused jutsu in power when the sharingan DOES NOT provide that assistance, that was her own chakra... Was pulling 3T Kakashi moves as a 1T academy student... WTF. I don't care what you think about sharingan power progression/how it works. Regardless of if it is possible its still ridiculous. She also has sharingan genjutsu which again is stupid regardless. She is matching a clearly more powerful shinobi in power of her jutsu, with almost no combat experience.

- For Kagura's status as an actual shinobi considered as a genius and wielding a legendary weapon, he should have instantly incapacitated Boruto. Bad writing.

- Sarada is in the middle of a fight for her life and cares only about making roll call. I don't think I have to elaborate.

- Writing made in unclear as to whether Chojuro let himself get hit multiple times because he got completely immobilised, injured, as once almost incapacitated he easily handled them an average sword/half a sword. If he was looking down on them being/cocky it's a weird way to go about it plus he does not seem like the type of character to be cocky in the first place. Especially in such a serious situation. Also, a sword swing just "missed" him?? Really?? Is he not immobile?? Lol.

- This is just a bit of a nit pick but wtf is that underwater lightning justu. It seems asspull/filler af. Also why is all the raiton yellow now?

Reasons (series overall):

- Sarada's sharingan completely shits on Sasuke's backstory. So cringe. She gets her sharingan just because she hasn't seen the dad she hardly remembers??? Yet Sasuke gets a sharingan when he sees his entire family dead + clan at the hand of his beloved brother and can't use it again until years later.

- Sarada on paper is stronger than Sasuke. Textbook powercreep. Making newer characters stronger which then trivialises the significance of whatever powerful characters came before. Sasuke was a genius at the top of his class and now seems insignificant.

- All of K11 in general seems too strong/progressed/polished in the anime. I can understand certain characters being impressive as academy students but literally everyone is impressive. Even things like standing on water, climbing walls etc. There is no underdog, except maybe Denki and even then he is doing things that Naruto learned as a genin.

- Letting academy students consistently compete with more powerful shinobi with no consequence just makes things boring imo. Remember when Naruto encountered his first enemy shinobi as a genin? The situation even for Sasuke and Sakura was tense and dangerous. But the academy students, who are not even genin, show no fear/respect of pretty much anything without a jonin accompanying them.

There are positives of Boruto I like and I'll obvs still watch but there is so much annoying shit. The first arc I liked much more despite the slower pacing.

Merkel

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh really?
So Mitsuki and Boruto weren’t overpowered at some point?:sdo3:
What lol? Did you even read the OP? I said all of K11 seems too strong in general for academy students... And Mitsuki is very obviously the genius of that gen anyway so I'm not so fussed about Mitsuki. But yeah Boruto is included in the asspulls lol.

MomoSaka

Elite
Kin
106💸
Kumi
573💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What lol? Did you even read the OP? I said all of K11 seems too strong in general for academy students... And Mitsuki is very obviously the genius of that gen anyway so I'm not so fussed about Mitsuki. But yeah Boruto is included in the asspulls lol.
Sorry lol, I just read a few sentences xD
Anyway, you have to deal with it:pkun:

Reboryushon

Elite
Kin
178💸
Kumi
2,386💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Everything feels forced in the anime. There is basically nothing to it at this moment in time.

Anyway, thank you for sharing.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Quanta

Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Isn't it what new gen surpassing old gen all about?
The ninja academy curriculum has clearly become more advanced e.g. there's one episode where they learn summoning jutsu.

As for Sarada, she most likely awakened her sharingan based on her intense positive emotion from finally getting to see her father, not from being sad for not having seen her father. Her ability to use chakra enhanced strength is indicative of her fine chakra control and ninjutsu proficiency, so it isn't too far-fetched for her to match the power of a chunin.

But I agree that as a result of the students' power creep, their opponents so far are not powerful enough to instill fear. Then again, these opponents aren't even jonins so you can't expect them to intimidate on the level of Zabuza and Haku. And it's certainly taking too long for Kagura to kill Boruto.

SumnNarutoRelated

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why does everyone forget that boruto's father is the most powerful ninja on the planet and Sarada parents are basically 2/3rds of the new lagendary Sannin?

Ofc their offspring are going to be more powerful than the average genin. THESE ARE THE CHILDREN OF SASUKE AND NARUTO.

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
To be honest Sarada never show any similar feats in the manga.. the main canon source material.
Not to mention this episode refer to a filler that couldn't have happened in the manga timeline.
At this point, it's pretty much filler.

Brady

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just because we've never seen a 1Tomoe user exercise genjutsu and jutsu copying, doesn't mean they can't do it. The Sharingan is still the Sharingan throughout all it's stages.

Merkel

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Isn't it what new gen surpassing old gen all about?
The ninja academy curriculum has clearly become more advanced e.g. there's one episode where they learn summoning jutsu.

As for Sarada, she most likely awakened her sharingan based on her intense positive emotion from finally getting to see her father, not from being sad for not having seen her father. Her ability to use chakra enhanced strength is indicative of her fine chakra control and ninjutsu proficiency, so it isn't too far-fetched for her to match the power of a chunin.

But I agree that as a result of the students' power creep, their opponents so far are not powerful enough to instill fear. Then again, these opponents aren't even jonins so you can't expect them to intimidate on the level of Zabuza and Haku. And it's certainly taking too long for Kagura to kill Boruto.
Yeah I understand new gen surpassing old gen etc but I don't think it should be happening at the academy level considering there is already a contradiction to having a more advanced curriculum where its stated really early on that there is a broader focus on other subjects of study rather than just being a shinobi which would logically create weaker students. As for the summoning jutsu episode, they get taught about it but they don't actually learn/gain summons. It was never a difficult jutsu either, Naruto who's a slow learner for hand seal jutsu learned it pretty fast but it wasn't useful to him until he could summon Gamabunta later on anyway.

And oh yeah my bad it was through positive emotions which i suppose is alright and a nice tie-in to the current period of peace in which an Uchiha can actually gain sharingan without tragedy. Still it's timing seems poor to me but yeah fair enough not as bad as I thought. The fact that she has CES in the first place is crazy enough but she also has sharingan that she can use when she likes and actually use genjutsu/ninjutsu copying repeatedly without exhaustion. Jonin Kakashi copied less jutsu and was out of commission for sharingan overuse yet Sarada can spam that shit as an academy student with only minor fatigue. Sarada didn't even have a nature release and yet she can easily copy nature release ninjutsu to perfection. Pretty ridiculous.

Yeah no I didn't expect a Naruto level freakout or anything but they show like 0 acknowledgement/nervousness, are so accustomed to real battle and aren't even genin yet. Just seems too forced to me.

Just because we've never seen a 1Tomoe user exercise genjutsu and jutsu copying, doesn't mean they can't do it. The Sharingan is still the Sharingan throughout all it's stages.
If you can bold in my thread anywhere I stated that they can't do it, go ahead bro lol. You are obviously heavily invested in this topic considering it has almost no relevance to my OP.

And as I said in your thread, as did others, you can't state something you don't have evidence for as fact. You are basing it off an assumption, which is fine, I assume the same thing, but you can't expect people to believe you just because it can't proved either true/false. You can't prove me wrong if I say I was reincarnated from a frog or some shit but I also can't prove it to be true.
If there is no evidence to suggest that something is real/true than most people default on believing it to be fake/false until proven otherwise.

But this has all already been mentioned in your thread to no avail...
:kk:

Last edited:

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So the episode was bad because sarada was shown to be strong? as expected from a boruto fan.

Not that i care but it's canon

Brady

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She has sharingan already, can copy jutsu and match previously unused jutsu in power when the sharingan DOES NOT provide that assistance, that was her own chakra... Was pulling 3T Kakashi moves as a 1T academy student... WTF. I don't care what you think about sharingan power progression/how it works. Regardless of if it is possible its still ridiculous. She also has sharingan genjutsu which again is stupid regardless.

You're insinuating that some abilities are prescribed to specific stages of the Sharingan.

The Sharingan is still the Sharingan and it has prescribed abilities and also has different stages. We've already been told what the abilities of this particular eye are, the fact that there are stages to the eye doesn't mean that all of a sudden you need a particular stage to use an ability. Clearly, a 1T Genjutsu would be weaker than a 3T, but let's not act like the manga has ever put a divide between the stages of the eyes.

Reactions: ReBoot

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So the episode was bad because sarada was shown to be strong? as expected from a boruto fan.

Kodachi himself mentioned "a little" not everything is canon. Just looking at the last episode confirm this :yeah:

Merkel

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why does everyone forget that boruto's father is the most powerful ninja on the planet and Sarada parents are basically 2/3rds of the new lagendary Sannin?

Ofc their offspring are going to be more powerful than the average genin. THESE ARE THE CHILDREN OF SASUKE AND NARUTO.
And Naruto's dad was the hokage and fastest shinobi ever (at that time)... Means nothing. Besides Boruto and Sarada aren't Ashura/Indra incarnates nor is Boruto a jinchuuriki. And no Sarada is stronger than the strongest first year genin in the village, Sasuke was a genius and with no hype or significance at all she is casually made superior lol. I can understand both being above average but there is no constraints right now lmao.

To be honest Sarada never show any similar feats in the manga.. the main canon source material.
Not to mention this episode refer to a filler that couldn't have happened in the manga timeline.
At this point, it's pretty much filler.
Yeah thank god for that lol. Dont get why people would even want to defend it at this point should just appreciate that it isn't canon. :lmao:

Um yeah if you read up Boruto is included in my rant lol. But no my point is that in making characters this strong this early hurts the story and is just shitty writing, I think Sarada will probs be a pretty good char later on but Iwabe is the only new gen I really like so far. I could not gaf about faves bro or downplay other characters to make mine look better that's autistic af, I'm not that invested. Pretty funny how you so obviously gloss over the thread to defend Sarada and she just happens to be in your sig aswell. Interesting...
Btw you have to be out of your mind if you think that scan = all of anime canon.

Any criticism of the current direction of a character and people think you have some agenda to push it's just wank, wank, wank on this site holy moly.

Last edited:

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kodachi himself mentioned "a little" not everything is canon. Just looking at the last episode confirm this :yeah:
OMG!!!I FKIN SWEAR WHEN PEOPLE said that it was just a little bit u defended it and said the little bit was the reference in the chapter not the arc. and now after the sarada episode look what you're saying. how old are u exactly? 3 years old? i can't believe how that sarada episode made you so insecure
I see.. so you are back at it.

JStar King

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
.The new Swordsmen and other villains are lackluster. Now, we have a wannabe Akatsuki for this copy past gen that are progressing way too easily without struggling to do.

The new Swordsmen are definitely a disappointment. They hold no weight and are getting easily taken out.

.The plot has no substance. It doesn't have a sense of danger really. Idk. I guess that's just me.

.The fights could be better. Again, I don't really sense the danger, plus they're too predictable.

Plus, can we have just one villain who does not bow down to Talk No Jutsu and rekt shit.

:kk:

Status
Not open for further replies.