Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have read the manga. Midorima loses his powers of one for all. He betrays all might and joins the villains for a little bit. N3 Hero dies.

Midorima'a Father turns out to be the strongest hero.

I just made that all up.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Surpass Naruto ? it cant even reach Naruto average volume sales.
Well I just said that I don't see it surpass Naruto. Comparing volume sales is a mute point though as then you're expecting that a relatively new series gains immediately as much success as a popular long-running series. A more correct approach would be that you compare the sales of the corresponding volume editions like the 1st volume of Naruto and the 1st volume of BNHA. However the 1st volume of Naruto was released so long ago that even those numbers can't be considered representative as the world has changed since then and you would need to take into account several variables before you could draw conclusions.

Totsuka No Tsurugi

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well I just said that I don't see it surpass Naruto. Comparing volume sales is a mute point though as then you're expecting that a relatively new series gains immediately as much success as a popular long-running series. A more correct approach would be that you compare the sales of the corresponding volume editions like the 1st volume of Naruto and the 1st volume of BNHA. However the 1st volume of Naruto was released so long ago that even those numbers can't be considered representative as the world has changed since then and you would need to take into account several variables before you could draw conclusions.
Thats what i meant.. sorry for not being specific on that matter, i thought you would get it, i was wrong,

The manga industry dont change all that much since then to justify BNHA incapability to gain more number in their sales,if anything the manga industry today make it a lot easier to sell manga, nowadays publisher can include a lots of perks in the volume to boost sales, unlike in the 90s and early 2000.

Maybe the 1st volume of Naruto got boosted by the anime popularity but same can be said for BNHA and any other series and so far its nowhere near Naruto,

So yeah saying that this BNHA is going to be the new Naruto is an overstatement.

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Its defiantly a great series I just don't see it lasting that long for some reason. I mean its too good to be a longer series.

It has already surpassed Naruto in terms of how its made to me.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Regardless of whether you find the manga is good or not, it's not becoming the next big three. Big three is a fan made title anyways and from WSJ the big three is One Piece, Haikyuu & HxH in individual vol. sales. Look at HxH's impressive sales within it's first three days, too bad it takes hiatuses because if it didn't it would be in the big three in WSJ.

*1. 650,817 *,650,817 Hunter x Hunter Vol.33
*2. 447,728 *,447,728 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.20
*3. 292,396 *,292,396 One Punch-Man Vol.11
*4. 213,125 *,430,011 Kuroshitsuji Vol.23
*5. 197,805 *,197,805 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.9
*6. 159,437 *,159,437 World Trigger Vol.15
*7. 156,825 *,156,825 D.Gray-man Vol.25
*8. 143,001 *,433,666 Kimi ni Todoke Vol.26
*9. 125,263 *,126,048 Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou Vol.8
10. 106,180 *,106,180 Toriko Vol.39

Plus the MHA anime isn't doing so well in TV ratings. The series isn't even that amazing, it's average. It doesn't bring much to the table for me.
Thats what i meant.. sorry for not being specific on that matter, i thought you would get it, i was wrong,

The manga industry dont change all that much since then to justify BNHA incapability to gain more number in their sales,if anything the manga industry today make it a lot easier to sell manga, nowadays publisher can include a lots of perks in the volume to boost sales, unlike in the 90s and early 2000.

Maybe the 1st volume of Naruto got boosted by the anime popularity but same can be said for BNHA and any other series and so far its nowhere near Naruto,

So yeah saying that this BNHA is going to be the new Naruto is an overstatement.
Let me place my doubts here about you, or anyone else here on NB for that matter, having thorough knowledge about the evolution in the manga industry for the past two decades. Unless you are Japanese and lived through it or you have done extensive research, there is no possible way you could have an accurate image of that. I started reading manga in 2009 and between then and now a lot has changed, so that between 2000 and 2016 much has changed, is reality and this is not just a matter of the manga industry. Economics, politics, technology etc. all of these interact with each other.

These days you have many groups who scan and translate countless of series and put them online hours after the raws have been released. Do you really think that that was possible in 2000? I remember that I already had severe problems finding episodes online in 2007, let alone finding manga volumes online in 2000. Back then you had a generation that didn't know anything else other than buying the volumes, now you have a generation that grew up with finding everything online. The full potential of the internet had yet to be exploited.

I don't know how it is in Japan, but it's plainly impossible that in a modern country like Japan that keeps on progressing much faster than the majority of the world something like the manga industry would not have changed at all in such a long time period.

Its defiantly a great series I just don't see it lasting that long for some reason. I mean its too good to be a longer series.

It has already surpassed Naruto in terms of how its made to me.
Because it's quick-paced, in fact it's too quick. I don't know what the mangaka has planned for the future, but realistically speaking the things that have been happening the past arc are things that should have occured way later in the story.

Totsuka No Tsurugi

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Let me place my doubts here about you, or anyone else here on NB for that matter, having thorough knowledge about the evolution in the manga industry for the past two decades. Unless you are Japanese and lived through it or you have done extensive research, there is no possible way you could have an accurate image of that. I started reading manga in 2009 and between then and now a lot has changed, so that between 2000 and 2016 much has changed, is reality and this is not just a matter of the manga industry. Economics, politics, technology etc. all of these interact with each other.

These days you have many groups who scan and translate countless of series and put them online hours after the raws have been released. Do you really think that that was possible in 2000? I remember that I already had severe problems finding episodes online in 2007, let alone finding manga volumes online in 2000. Back then you had a generation that didn't know anything else other than buying the volumes, now you have a generation that grew up with finding everything online. The full potential of the internet had yet to be exploited.

I don't know how it is in Japan, but it's plainly impossible that in a modern country like Japan that keeps on progressing much faster than the majority of the world something like the manga industry would not have changed at all in such a long time period.
They dont have something like that in Japan, try it and you will get arrested, as i said there is change but not to the extent that it give a negative influence to manga sales,

I understand your misgiving... but you should give me the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited: