Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Excellent. So, let us not forgo the importance of this technique, so I'll discuss it a bit before we move on. In the anime, it was used to free the user from Gaara's sand, which was holding him. Now given that I'm sure you know Gaara well and that Gaara's sand is not to be taken lightly in any, but if a B-Rank like this was able to break him from a dense material such as sand, it's use is not to be underestimated. Of course, it's a purely defensive technique, which I dislike, and it also requires a sword, but it allows for creative manners to break through techniques that might bind you.

On that, I'd like to teach a little bit about using jutsus in battle. There are generally three types of battle jutsus.
One that attacks.
One that defends.
And one that does both.
Now, the last one is something you want to strive for every time so you're able to use all three of your jutsu slots. So, there are several ways of doing this, but an example is the easiest to explain. Let's say your enemy uses a B-Rank jutsu, Lightning type. Naturally, you would resort to using Wind to defend against it, but instead just canceling it out with a lower rank jutsu, use one of the same rank and it would not only defend, but also continue towards the enemy as an attack (possibly weaker, however). Understood?

So, you learned this:
(Fūton: Kujaku Senpūjin) - Wind Release: Peacock Whirlwind Formation
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description: This technique utilizes wind chakra into the users sword and then they release a vortex of wind that surrounds the users body and can push away materials covering the users body.
This next technique requires usage of your sword once again. It was used by Danto in the manga, if I recall correctly. Breath your Wind chakra upon your weapon, covering it with the element, and then proceed to make a few strikes upon an object nearby. Tell me the change in ability and how this might be useful in both defending and attacking during a fight.

Gaara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
With my sword still held in my right hand, I begin molding my chakra in my lungs. Pulling my right hand towards my face, I begin exhaling the chakra. As it exits my lungs I use nature manipulation to change to fuuton, before exhaling it only my sword with shape manipulation to coat the sword.

Lunging towards a nearby tree I make multiple slashes, the first thing I notice is the increased length of the blade. The fuuton cloak covering the blade appears to increase the length and width of the blade without making it any heavier or slower, while increasing cutting power. Obviously the attacking potential of the weapon is exponentially increased.

That being said, it also would become defensively efficient as I would be able to cut through offensive attacks such as water whips, earth projectiles etc. Also if these are of lower rank, not only does this suffice as a defense but allows me to continue on the attack with it at a lower rank possibly.

(Fūton: Shinkūjin) - Wind Release: Vacuum Blade
Range: Short - Mid
Damage points: 40
Description: The user exhales wind-infused chakra onto a weapon in order to increase its sharpness, range and lethality. For example, the user can infuse a kunai to resemble a makeshift scimitar or infuse shuriken to increase their range and cutting power.

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Using elemental weapons and kunais are something that I see a lot of people actually forget to utilize during battle. It can allow for creative usage of freeform in a combination with some flashy techniques. Now, given that this was Wind that you blew over your sword, keep in mind that elemental attributes apply. So, if you opponent released concentrated Lightning at you up to A-Rank, this is an excellent and creative way to defend against it instead of the classic stuff everyone likes to use.

Now, moving on to the next jutsu. I would like you to gather Fuuton chakra in your mouth and then expel it while shape manipulating it into a large twister. Provide enough chakra and power so that it travels forward and wrenches a nearby tree off the ground.
(Fūton: Shinkūjin) - Wind Release: Vacuum Blade
Description: The user exhales wind-infused chakra onto a weapon in order to increase its sharpness, range and lethality. For example, the user can infuse a kunai to resemble a makeshift scimitar or infuse shuriken to increase their range and cutting power.

Gaara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Placing my sword back its sheath, I turn and face the tree I previously slashed up.

I begin mold a sufficient ammount of chakra in my lungs, while exhaling I use nature manipulation to make a fuuton nature. As the now fuuton chakra reaches my mouth I use shape manipulation to form a large spinning mass of wind which hits the tree with such velocity and power it is ripped from the ground by the roots.

(Fūton: Shippuu Tama) - Wind Release: Twister Shot
Type: Attack
Range: Mid
Description: The user releases a stream of wind infused chakra from their mouth that takes on the shape of a twister to attack the enemy.

Last edited:

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very straightforward. Keep in mind that it is ONLY mid range.
(Fūton: Shippuu Tama) - Wind Release: Twister Shot
Type: Attack
Range: Mid
Description: The user releases a stream of wind infused chakra from their mouth that takes on the shape of a twister to attack the enemy.
Again, going off the tactics off Vacuum Blade, you are also infusing Wind chakra into your blade but when you do so, swing it in an 180 arc in front of you, thus releasing a slicing blade of Wind in the same direction that you swung at. Given the power of the swing and nature of this attack, how might this help you defend against projectiles and sphere shaped attacks?

Gaara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pulling my sword back out with my right hand, I begin molding my chakra into futon nature. Once I've generated enough futun chakra I transfer it to the sword via the tenketsu in my right palm. Using my sword as a medium for the chakra, I swing it in a 180degree angel from my left side to my right. This creates a crescent shaped slicing wind to be release from this blade continuing on in the direction I swung the blade.

Well, if I use this before the projectiles/sphere get in short range, I can use it to cut the attack in half sending the top half over me, and dropping the bottom half to the ground. But if I wait til close range to slice the projectile\sphere it could still hit me, or come pretty close. Unless I swing upwards or downwards it would slice up the middle and both sides would go around me or just drop to the ground.

(Fūton: Shinkūken) - Wind Release: Shock Blade
Type: Offensive
Description: The user swings their blade and a gust of wind is released in the arc that it was swung in. The technique is strong enough to stop projectiles that are thrown at the user.