[Adventure] Bloodline - Chapter 2 - A Rise From the Ashes

Soraton

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Next chapter will be where it's at. I'll be explaining a lot, including Saga's current situation, what happened to the Yamato, maybe a bit of Bala's background and his relationship with Uzu and Katachi. This chapter was actually meant to be a bit larger but I felt that its too big as it is.

Cast!

Elder Bala Jorda -
Katachi -
Uzu Sixteen -

Chapter List!

(-0-v-0-)​

Saga stood motionless upon an expansive field of white grass, his eyes blank and unresponsive. It felt like he’d been gazing ahead into the horizon for hours, looking for something, though what it was, he couldn’t quite remember.

A cool breeze blew through the plain, whipping up the raven’s jet-black locks as it wafted past. Up above, within a clear, cloudless sky, a summer sun drifted leisurely towards the horizon, shining its warmth upon the bleached land.

Silence permeated the air, not a sound barring the whoosh of the wind to be heard. Saga turned his attention towards the horizon, twisting around as he took in a complete three sixty degree view. He was still completely alone, not a soul to be seen.

And for some reason…it didn’t bother him. It hadn’t bothered him half an hour ago and it failed to bother him now. He didn’t care that he was in some odd white land devoid of life, he didn’t question how it was that he got here and he certainly didn’t wonder why he continued to gaze into the horizon. The raven felt completely...indifferent.

The minutes turned to hours as Saga sustained his silent vigil, his emerald eyes ablaze with the light of the sun.
And then, the silence was shattered. Voices echoed out to Saga from the distance, beckoning his unrivalled attention.

The flutter of the wind ceased instantly, almost as if forced out by the voices that vied for sole control over his ears.
At first they seemed so incomprehensible, like the babblings of a tongue-tied gorilla, but as time went on, the mumblings formed into coherent words.

“Saga!” the voices chanted, growing louder and louder with each passing second. Saga narrowed his eyes as he tried to make out a shape, a figure, something he could identify as the source of the voices, and yet, nothing was visible. Still, the voices grew louder, more powerful until it felt like they were but a few meters away.

And then…they stopped. A sudden silence filled the air, deafening in comparison to the roar of the voices.
The raven grew angry, his indifference fading away. What were the voices? They sounded so…familiar…but he just couldn’t place them. It was on the tip of his tongue and yet…ugh! Why did his head feel so clouded!?

“Saga…” a pair of voices called from behind him now, one smooth and graceful, a woman’s, the other deep and overpowering, a man’s. The raven flinched as realization hit him and he turned to face the two people he’d never expected to see again.

Saga felt the wind leave his lungs in one large burst as two pairs of arms wrapped around him simultaneously, squeezing the very life out of him...

(-0-v-0-)​

Japan, Osaka Prefecture, Osaka City

The slivers of light that filtered in through the sun roof shone off the pristine marble floors of the sanctum.

The hall was large, far too large by the looks of its sparsely decorated interior, the only furnishing to be seen being the rectangular wooden platform that sat dead centre beneath the eye of the sunroof, between the four enormous pillars that supported the structure, their engraved surfaces depicting battles between magic and men long since passed.

A single solitary form sat cross-legged on the platform, the sounds of meditative breathing echoing across the room in synchronicity with the rise and fall of his chest.

Balla Jorda sat with his eyes closed in grim silence as he had been doing for the past two hours, his mind fixated on the image of a luscious green meadow before the onset of dawn. The Yamato Clan Elder had found out early on in his career that he worked far more efficiently when his mind was devoid of all the worries and nag-picking thoughts that cluttered it on a daily basis.

So, to essentially purge himself of such impediments, the Elder frequently sought the peace he could only obtain through meditation. And so, Elder Jorda continued to regulate his thoughts and dreamt of meadows and summer, his mind devoid of any nuisances whatsoever.

Unfortunately for the rather unlucky Elder, fate has a way of ensuring that when one nuisance leaves you, another always finds its way back.

The doors barring entry to his personal sanctum flew open with a resounding clang, the clatter of hurried footsteps on marble shattering his fragile peace.

Jorda suppressed the annoyance that began to bubble within him and slowly opened his eyes, gazing over his two visitors.

Five, four, three, two, one…

A dull thud echoed across the room, soon followed by the sound of Balla’s annoyed sigh. It was getting too predictable.

“Are you all alright, Katachi-chan?” asked the Elder in the most sympathetic voice he could muster.

“Yeah, no worries, I’m a-okay dad! Nothing to worry about!” replied the blushing raven-haired girl as she picked herself up off the floor.

“Balla-sama, please don’t waste your worry over this clumsy fool. We have to discuss our mission. We f-”

A fist ramming itself onto the top of the boy’s head shaved head silenced him before he could continue with his debriefing, a large fist shaped lump slowly forming from the wound. “I may be clumsy but at least I’m not a bald closet pervert, Uzu Sixteen the closet pervert, king of the closet perverts!”

“Who the hell do you think you’re calling a closet pervert you clumsy idiot?! Katachi, queen of the clumsy idiots!”

“Closet pervert!”

“Clumsy idiot!”

“Closet pervert!”

“Clumsy idiot!”

Balla once again suppressed the rapidly expanding bubble of annoyance that was welling up inside of him, wondering whether entrusting his two wards with anything of importance in the future would be a good idea.

“Katachi! Uzu Sixteen! Enough with your incessant bickering! State your mission findings, now!”

Silence reigns supreme once more. The outburst by their usually calm father immediately served to silence the bickering siblings, their childish rants forgotten and buried.

“Of course Balla-sama, I’m sorry to have made you wait!” stated Uzu with an apologetic, if not exaggerated bow.

It was at moments such as these that Balla Jorda felt the full weight of his years upon his aged shoulders. Most people would be happy to live to the ripe old age of sixty five, for Balla however; his longevity was nothing but another nuisance.

“It’s okay Uzu, please, just finish your report.”

“Of course Balla-sama. As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted,” began Uzu, a glare sent in Katachi’s direction to which she simply scoffed, “we encountered a sudden spike of essence levels whilst patrolling near the borders of Minato-ku, as per your instructions. Katachi, against my own orders, charged towards the area near the spike rather than report back to you.”

Katachi growled venomously towards her brother, her fist clenching in annoyance at her brother’s ‘holier-than-thou’ attitude.

“I, being the superior of the two of us had to follow her to ensure that she didn’t do anything that would give us away. A-“

“Superior my creamy white ass! The only thing ‘superior’ about you is your perverseness! Closet pervert!”

“A clumsy idiot who has an empty cavity for a brain should not be one to judge! Clumsy idiot!”

“Closet pervert!”

“Clumsy idiot!”

“Clos-“

A burst of essence filled the air around them, forcing the bickering due onto their knees from the sheer pressure it exerted. Balla stood tall and firm in front of the two, his temple vein bulging in anger.

“You two…” he began, his voice radiating strength and authority, “…are not children. I suggest you cease acting like them.” Though he spoke with an even tone, the power behind his words was more than enough to immediately douse the effects their short tempers had on Katachi and Uzu.

“We’re sorry Elder! Please forgive us.” asked the two simultaenously, their heads bent in submission.

With a weary sigh, Bala retracted his essence and regained his seat on the platform. “Rise.”

Free to move once again, the duo stood as commanded. “Um, Bala-sama, was…and I’m not saying you were wrong to discipline us, but…was that spike of essence necessary? Our presence might have been detected.”

Bala acknowledged his son’s worries, happy to know that he was at least looking out for the integrity of their hidden existence. The boy was careful if nothing else and it would serve him well despite his …shortcomings.

“You are right to worry about that my son, but our very base itself is made to cloak essence. I doubt such a meagre rise in my power would have managed to penetrate through such staunch walls.”

“Of course Bala-sama, my apologizes for doubting you.”

The Elder allowed a smile to adorn his face as he regarded the seriousness of his son. The boy truly needed to learn to loosen up a little every now and then. Balla certainly didn't want him up growing up to become one of those ‘by-the-book’ types, a type of man unwanted during harsh times such as these.

“Now, about that report.”

“Yes Bala-sama. As-“

“Uzu,” interrupted Katachi, “would you mind if I finish the de-briefing?”

The boy looked the girl over with a surprised look, knowing full well how much she hated the more ‘trivial’ matters of doing missions such as paperwork and de-briefing.

“Alright.” he answered.

“As Uzu was saying, I charged towards the spike of essence without a second thought, and I’m truly sorry for my carelessness.”
Bala acknowledged the apology with a nod, gesturing for her to continue.

“However, I don't regret my actions cuz I think we came upon something that our clan desperately needs at a time like this.”

“Oh?” asked Bala, his curiosity aroused, “and what would that be?”

“Father…I think, our heir has returned to us.” she answered with a smirk.

“Bala-sama,” began Uzu, “it is time for the Yamato to rise from the ashes.”

Last edited:

~Uzumaki~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wait a second, I'm bald o_O Why am I bald? -_____-

Great chap man. Yamato clan, huh? That's nice. Good work, I see your descriptive skills are still top notch. Keep up the good work and send me the link to the next chap the very second its posted...and gimme me some hair! XD

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Great chap man. Yamato clan, huh? That's nice. Good work, I see your descriptive skills are still top notch. Keep up the good work and send me the link to the next chap the very second its posted...and gimme me some hair! XD
THAT'S the aspect of your character you want changed? XD

Nice job, Soraton:) Turned out quite entertaining=D

Soraton

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
THAT'S the aspect of your character you want changed? XD

Nice job, Soraton:) Turned out quite entertaining=D
Lol yeah, thanks Chakra-san!

Lol, I'll try, can't promise anything! I was sure you'd want the perverseness part changed too though.....suspicious....

Woot woot, good job, dawg.
Thanks bro, look forward to more Jorda action in the future!

Yay!! :bouncy: :bouncy:
Thanks for featuring me. :yay:
No problem Katachi-chwan! I just hope that my portrayal of you did you justice!