Veteran
Kin
11💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Would someone be kind enough to explain to me wtf is happening to bleach?

Ichigo 1 shot Yhwach? and now it's gone 10 years?

Is this some kind of Infinite Tsukuyomi? false future placed in their minds? i don't get it.

It can't be over, this is the crappiest shit i've ever seen if this is the end of the fight..........

feels like they accidentally released chapter 690 instead of 685........

explain, soneone if you know what is going on o_O

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ichigo cut Yhwach in half, Yhwach used his powers to ignore it. Ichigo cut him in half again, and Yhwach decided to let him think it stuck. Not sure why Kubo would immediately skip to 10 years in the future, but Yhwach seems to be making good on his promise to kill everyone when they feel happiest by killing Rukia when she becomes captain.

I don't think it's an illusion though, Yhwach hasn't shown that power before, and Aizen doesn't have any reason to do it.

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ikr? It's like they skipped a whole lot and there's no way it's all an illusion cuz who ends a 600+ chapter shonen with killing all the characters, as if JUMP would ever allow that.

Speaking of JUMP, you have them to thank for ruining Bleach. They forced Kubo to rush the conclusion to an extent that's never been seen before. It's a pity really.

Schɛrzσ

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ikr? It's like they skipped a whole lot and there's no way it's all an illusion cuz who ends a 600+ chapter shonen with killing all the characters, as if JUMP would ever allow that.

Speaking of JUMP, you have them to thank for ruining Bleach. They forced Kubo to rush the conclusion to an extent that's never been seen before. It's a pity really.
It's not WSJ who ruined Bleach, it's Kubo himself. Guys at JUMP would have cancelled Bleach a LONG time ago considering its extremely low weekly rankings by fans for the last couple of years, but they did not because it once was a beloved series and did let the author to wrap it up... But now, when even the Tankōbon sales dropped drastically, keeping the manga running had absolutely no benefit for the magazine and they basically axed it.
If it weren't for the fame and glory Bleach once held, we'd have witnessed its cancellation long ago.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Is there a source confirming that?

Arian

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
lol exactely my thoughts. but then again this was way overdue. bleach should have ended with aizen.... everything after that pretty much sucked the big one.

Jinbei

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
1,027💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I continue reading mostly because I liked it so much at one point but you have to admit, Kubo brought this upon himself. Anything post-Aizen was unbearable to read and the many things we were hyped about ( Shisui's Bankai, Squad Zero, etc. ) turned out to be absolute garbage. The most powerful group of Shinigami got one-shotted in an off-panel fight, seriously?

Not to mention he didn't even try to change the formula to his arcs, it's always the same thing ever since the Arrancar arc started. It's truly a shame, but honestly I can't help but feel happy it's coming to an end. Put me out of my misery for god's sake.

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Is there a source confirming that?
Nope, just a theory.

It's not WSJ who ruined Bleach, it's Kubo himself. Guys at JUMP would have cancelled Bleach a LONG time ago considering its extremely low weekly rankings by fans for the last couple of years, but they did not because it once was a beloved series and did let the author to wrap it up... But now, when even the Tankōbon sales dropped drastically, keeping the manga running had absolutely no benefit for the magazine and they basically axed it.
If it weren't for the fame and glory Bleach once held, we'd have witnessed its cancellation long ago.
Well, from the way he wrote the manga it's quite clear that there's a drastic difference in quality of both story telling and presentation in general when we compare the stuff before Fullbring and after. Seeing how, up to the point of Aizen's defeat, Kubo had a clear plan for the story and tied pretty much all important loose ends I'm lead to assume that he planned for the manga to end there. (Hence Ichigo losing his powers, big bad getting defeated and everything going back to normal.) I assume that then JUMP didn't feel like ending it there as at the time, the anime was still strong, the profit was nice and we all know JUMP (like any other massive publisher) values profit over one's creative vision.

They have the power to choose which series will continue and which one will not and even with the creator reluctant to continue, given enough motivation, they could nag them into submission. Just your typical editorial meddling that turns a good manga into a milk cow.

The drastic change of focus in the later parts and an infinite amount of asspulls makes me think that Kubo just went along for the sake of it. Ichigo gets his powers out of nowhere, a new OP villain appears, instert cliche plot twists that add nothing more than forced drama in a desparate attempt to keep the stuff somewhat alive (*cough* I'm your father *cough*) - nothing felt the same really.