5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

"Winner"

Black Clover Manga Chapter 132 Discussion and 133 Predictions

Discuss Black Clover Manga 132 here and predict the next chapter, Black Clover Manga 133

BEGIN READING HERE @ VIZ.COM

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nothing special happened. The mangaka kinda rushed the past two chapters, though honestly I'm not particularly mad about that as I wasn't that much interested in these last two fights. Can't wait for the next arc.

Someone on MS made an interesting comment. I already noticed that Juno's white, angel-like appearance forms a nice contrast with Asters black demon form, but in the case of Yuno his left side is covered while in the case of Aster it's the right side.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nothing special happened. The mangaka kinda rushed the past two chapters, though honestly I'm not particularly mad about that as I wasn't that much interested in these last two fights. Can't wait for the next arc.

Someone on MS made an interesting comment. I already noticed that Juno's white, angel-like appearance forms a nice contrast with Asters black demon form, but in the case of Yuno his left side is covered while in the case of Aster it's the right side.
Yea, it could easily use some more detailing. But then the whole manga is paced this way. I have always this feeling that this manga is on the fast track for whatever the reason.

'Liked the chapter over all. I was apprehensive when the spoilers came out and thought Tabata let Yuno win, but crystal broke because Lil's own power. He needs to learn controlling the side effects of his power on surroundings or be more aware of it, but the guy's potential seems limitless. ..It's also nice that it was "shown" and justified for both Yuno and Lil.

On a side note: in anime it seems Golden Dawn captain noticed Asta's grimoire though it was not detailed whether he recognized it right away or was curious about it.

Last edited:

MickNerks

Elite
Kin
77💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was happy that they gave Yuno his own magic form to continue to show the parallels between him and Asta. And I haven't been too upset about the pacing. I'm kinda glad this arc hasnt been drawn out to be longer than necessary.

I do appreciate the fact that Asta did not make it to the finals and that Yuno was able to display his new power. But I am also very concerned. I think there is a reason that we have not seen Asta and Yuno in a situation where they even breifly have to challenge each other. I honestly dont see how Yuno can beat Asta. It may be the biggest asspull in a manga if it does happend. Asta's new form is literally the counter to EVERYONE in the MANGA. There is no way , a powerful as he is, that yuno can compete with a demon that negates magic.

Honestly, if the roles were reversed in the final battle, and it was Asta v Lil, I would have expected Asta to just use Black Metoer and cut through the dragon blast and through the crystal to win.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was happy that they gave Yuno his own magic form to continue to show the parallels between him and Asta. And I haven't been too upset about the pacing. I'm kinda glad this arc hasnt been drawn out to be longer than necessary.

I do appreciate the fact that Asta did not make it to the finals and that Yuno was able to display his new power. But I am also very concerned. I think there is a reason that we have not seen Asta and Yuno in a situation where they even breifly have to challenge each other. I honestly dont see how Yuno can beat Asta. It may be the biggest asspull in a manga if it does happend. Asta's new form is literally the counter to EVERYONE in the MANGA. There is no way , a powerful as he is, that yuno can compete with a demon that negates magic.

Honestly, if the roles were reversed in the final battle, and it was Asta v Lil, I would have expected Asta to just use Black Metoer and cut through the dragon blast and through the crystal to win.
It's an issue I also considered as rationally speaking the more magic power the opponent has, the more effective Aster's anti-magic abilities will be. However during his fight with Vet, the latter pointed out that there are quite a few flaws in Aster's way of battling. Yes by now he learned some new moves, but that doesn't take away his abilities are limited. Especially when it concerns Yuno who knows Aster better than anyone.

MickNerks

Elite
Kin
77💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's an issue I also considered as rationally speaking the more magic power the opponent has, the more effective Aster's anti-magic abilities will be. However during his fight with Vet, the latter pointed out that there are quite a few flaws in Aster's way of battling. Yes by now he learned some new moves, but that doesn't take away his abilities are limited. Especially when it concerns Yuno who knows Aster better than anyone.
That is true, he still has ways to go before he is a threat to Magic Captain level opponents. But in the future (70 chapters) based on the pregression we have seen thu far, I see Asta being a Top Tier before the end of the series because of his hax powers comined with his physical attrabutes.

I mean even now, we are only 120 chapters in and Asta has already defeated a Vice Captain and their hasnt even been a time skip yet hahaha. He still could get a full cowl mode for Anti Form and new variety of weapons from Grimore (Shield, Bow w/ Anti magic Arrows, ect).

Im curious how the author is going to keep this series going. Dont get me wrong, I am enjoying it now, but I dont see how this can continue on this same track.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That is true, he still has ways to go before he is a threat to Magic Captain level opponents. But in the future (70 chapters) based on the pregression we have seen thu far, I see Asta being a Top Tier before the end of the series because of his hax powers comined with his physical attrabutes.

I mean even now, we are only 120 chapters in and Asta has already defeated a Vice Captain and their hasnt even been a time skip yet hahaha. He still could get a full cowl mode for Anti Form and new variety of weapons from Grimore (Shield, Bow w/ Anti magic Arrows, ect).

Im curious how the author is going to keep this series going. Dont get me wrong, I am enjoying it now, but I dont see how this can continue on this same track.
I kinda find it unfair to call his powers "hax" as he has zero magical power, for which he got mocked his entire life. So it feels like you're just bullying him now. Essentially what he does is neutralizing the opponents powers with his own, which theoretically makes them two regular persons. If Aster fights someone with barely any magical power, his swords would be little different from regular ones.

But yeah it's a given that at one point Aster and Yuno will be at the summit, one has a legendary four-leaf clover while the other a 5-life clover of mysterious origin. But what will define the level of this series, is how they will get there.

And Aster didn't do it alone. Yes he functioned as the spearhead, but you can't deny his two teammates had a substantial part in the victory. Also at this point in time Ichigo had already beaten Ikkaku and Kenpachi among others, so I don't really see an issue here that Aster was able to beat a single VC, in particular because we don't know how long they are planning to run this series.

MickNerks

Elite
Kin
77💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I kinda find it unfair to call his powers "hax" as he has zero magical power, for which he got mocked his entire life. So it feels like you're just bullying him now. Essentially what he does is neutralizing the opponents powers with his own, which theoretically makes them two regular persons. If Aster fights someone with barely any magical power, his swords would be little different from regular ones.

But yeah it's a given that at one point Aster and Yuno will be at the summit, one has a legendary four-leaf clover while the other a 5-life clover of mysterious origin. But what will define the level of this series, is how they will get there.

And Aster didn't do it alone. Yes he functioned as the spearhead, but you can't deny his two teammates had a substantial part in the victory. Also at this point in time Ichigo had already beaten Ikkaku and Kenpachi among others, so I don't really see an issue here that Aster was able to beat a single VC, in particular because we don't know how long they are planning to run this series.
Im not trying to mock Asta by calling his powers Hax. I fully recognize how much training he has put in to getting to the level he is now. I also recognize that his friends and others were very pivitol for his growth (Yami, Witch Queen, Langris, ect). My point was just to point, at least from my point of view, that asta has an automatic advantage against anyone from their world as everyone recogizes magic as the source of strength. Asta's powers by default automactically can remove that strength.

I guess another way you could look at this is like the world of pokemon. Imagine a powermone world where every trainer had a fire type pokemon and Ash Ketchum was the ony one with a water type. By default Ash would have a advantage over everyone else in his world. And though fire types could still possibly win through still and diverse movesets, Ash would still hold a default advantage. I guess "Hax" was the wrong word to describe my point.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im not trying to mock Asta by calling his powers Hax. I fully recognize how much training he has put in to getting to the level he is now. I also recognize that his friends and others were very pivitol for his growth (Yami, Witch Queen, Langris, ect). My point was just to point, at least from my point of view, that asta has an automatic advantage against anyone from their world as everyone recogizes magic as the source of strength. Asta's powers by default automactically can remove that strength.

I guess another way you could look at this is like the world of pokemon. Imagine a powermone world where every trainer had a fire type pokemon and Ash Ketchum was the ony one with a water type. By default Ash would have a advantage over everyone else in his world. And though fire types could still possibly win through still and diverse movesets, Ash would still hold a default advantage. I guess "Hax" was the wrong word to describe my point.
I just think it's sad for Aster to be called hax in any context. It's the only thing he has going for him after being mocked for being short and lack of magic his entire life.

Yes Aster has an advantage over magic itself, but there's quite an importance difference with your pokemon comparison. Fire and water types can more or less do the same thing (like both can shoot blasts at each other), only water has an advantage over fire. That's not the case with Aster. He can negate magic with his sword, but that's the limit. It's really not the same thing if your opponent can launch huge ass water dragons at you, while you can only use your sword to destroy them. He won most of his fights by physically beating his opponents, only recently he learned to make his anti-magic take physical form outside of his body and that's still limited.

So another way of viewing this instead of saying that Aster's powers are hax, is that most knights simply rely way too much on their magic power. There's a good example of this in the series: Claude Lunette. After he met Aster, he started training his body physically because he learned from Aster that there's more to it than just having high magic specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.