[Discussion] Black Clover first Impression

Valhalla

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I have been reading Black Clover for a few months now and I think it has potential. I'm enjoying it more than I originally thought I would. At first it felt like a mix of early Naruto and the rare not bad parts of Fairy Tail. That made me like it initially, but now I feel like it has its own identity. The story is becoming more unique and branching off on its own path the more chapters that come out. What's keeping me on edge right now is that so far the pacing is extremely fast. I don't know why the author's previous work (Hungry Joker) was cancelled, but the pacing was horrible, specially in the power-level aspect and the rate in which villains appeared, I feel like Black Clover could end the same way if it tries to get ahead oh itself.

Clover

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I actually found Black Clover to be fairly enjoyable, though it gave me the vibes of Naruto. Not that it is a bad thing that it does, I love Naruto, but I am kinda interested in something "different" or so to speak. (At least at this very moment.)

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i agree.It has the potential to become one of the big 3 but author is speeding up the things.
this. I've been doing reviews of it from the start and the pacing is getting to me some. So far, I feel like the first couple of antagonists should have had their panel time stretched out. 2-3 chapters and it's onto the next one, I'm at the diamond mage vs Yuno now.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,430💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I have been reading Black Clover for a few months now and I think it has potential. I'm enjoying it more than I originally thought I would. At first it felt like a mix of early Naruto and the rare not bad parts of Fairy Tail. That made me like it initially, but now I feel like it has its own identity. The story is becoming more unique and branching off on its own path the more chapters that come out. What's keeping me on edge right now is that so far the pacing is extremely fast. I don't know why the author's previous work (Hungry Joker) was cancelled, but the pacing was horrible, specially in the power-level aspect and the rate in which villains appeared, I feel like Black Clover could end the same way if it tries to get ahead oh itself.
Yea Hungry Joker was a disappointment.. despite a good idea fairly good art I lost interest midway somewhere and didn't bother to finish it properly...author simply didn't wait to give the story a "body" if you get my drift...And while I am enjoying Black Clover and it's an immense improvement since Hungry Joker, the progression of this manga is still a bit hasty at times. It may use a few panels more to expand on characters and scenes - just enough to let the scenes sink in...