rockleeuchiha

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Black clover dub>sub

FUNIMATION IMPRESSES YET AGAIN, ASTAS VA MAKES ASTASA SUB VA LOOK LIKE A CHUMP, god stuff funimation now lets get my hero academia dubbed next year and im set.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I feel like I need to watch something in it's original form...out of respect. I think dubs, sometimes, show a lack of consideration/respect for japanese culture.But it all depends...you wanna focus on the anime, rather than the subtitles, but at the same time...you might wanna see the show in it's ORIGINAL form, before dubbed. And then, some people don't read subtitles fast enough, to be able to keep up...I guess, in that way, it might be necessary, but I still feel like your missing out on something. Sometimes, it's like your taking your own language and running over the original language with your own, taking it OVER.Kind of a lack of respect.IMPATIENCE, if you will.

Edit: If I don't like an anime all that much, typically I'd watch the english dub, cause I lack the interest in reading what the subtitles have to say. Boku-no-hero academia, entirely too much blabbering.

Last edited:
Reactions: CreativeSeun

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I feel like I need to watch something in it's original form...out of respect. I think dubs, sometimes, show a lack of consideration/respect for japanese culture.But it all depends...you wanna focus on the anime, rather than the subtitles, but at the same time...you might wanna see the show in it's ORIGINAL form, before dubbed. And then, some people don't read subtitles fast enough, to be able to keep up...I guess, in that way, it might be necessary, but I still feel like your missing out on something. Sometimes, it's like your taking your own language and running over the original language with your own, taking it OVER.Kind of a lack of respect.IMPATIENCE, if you will.

Edit: If I don't like an anime all that much, typically I'd watch the english dub, cause I lack the interest in reading what the subtitles have to say. Boku-no-hero academia, entirely too much blabbering.
I watched both- they were also structured differently but ok. Asta screams a few sentences in Japanese in a quick succession. Since we don't understand the words it seem more jarring. But I almost muted the first half and it worked for me. In second half he is not screaming that much as the action starts soon after the grimoire ceremony. Dubbed version doesn't have that issue.

Back on discussion:

Episode Fifth:

Captain of the Golden Dawn noticed Asta's grimoire though it was not clear if he could see that it had 5 leaves or he recognized the book just by it looks and sword. It's hard to trust him despite his interaction with Yami later in the manga.

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I watched the first five episodes and I really don't get what the fuss was about in regards to Aster screaming. Yes when Aster got introduced he consecutively had three hyper moments, which is a bit annoying and doesn't give a good first impression, but after that it's at best a minor inconvenience. I don't see how this is any different to how Naruto was in the beginning or how Usopp got introduced in OP.

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I watched the first five episodes and I really don't get what the fuss was about in regards to Aster screaming. Yes when Aster got introduced he consecutively had three hyper moments, which is a bit annoying and doesn't give a good first impression, but after that it's at best a minor inconvenience. I don't see how this is any different to how Naruto was in the beginning or how Usopp got introduced in OP.
I think they are angry about the voice actor how he pronounce stuff making certain words longer so it sounds annoying...all in all that's Asta in a nutshell XD

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Did anyone else notice that old woman selling purple snake in episode 4? I wonder if it was the same 'gambler old lady' they meet later on...
I was thinking the same thing. It seems they added several references to future characters/events in the background. There was another scene where you could see a character pass by for instant, but I forget which one and which scene.

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think Yuno looks bad compared to Manga but Noelle IMO looks better.

I also like VA's chosen for Charmy,Vannesa and Voltia especially.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Did anyone else notice that old woman selling purple snake in episode 4? I wonder if it was the same 'gambler old lady' they meet later on...
I was thinking the same thing. It seems they added several references to future characters/events in the background. There was another scene where you could see a character pass by for instant, but I forget which one and which scene.
I remember it again now, Rebecca and some of her siblings passed by briefly in an episode.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I remember it again now, Rebecca and some of her siblings passed by briefly in an episode.
Yep. It was in the same episode - 4th one. ^^

I found the old lady selling snakes specially funny in the context of who 'she' might be. I still pity Magna for getting trolled by 'her'.

Last edited:

Jas

Elite
Kin
129💸
Kumi
5,116💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess it's based on their voices. Astas voice and screams are so "sharp" compared to the others though xd

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Episodes 11 & 12 are interesting. The former mentions that Julius is the 28th Sorcerer Emperor, which I think was never brought up in the manga. Till now the chronology was always quite unclear, but considering the 1st emperor was the one who subdued the demon and Julius is the 28th, we're looking at a difference of roughly 3 to 6 centuries.

The latter episode says that the legend of the 1st emperor originates from Aster's home town, which establishes a connection between Aster and his grimoire who somehow was nearby.

And lol Finral tried to hit on Rebecca and you can say Gray's real form running in the background.

I guess it's based on their voices. Astas voice and screams are so "sharp" compared to the others though xd
Yeah, but again it's nothing that I would call that unusual in anime. Naruto's voice wasn't that pleasing either.

Last edited:

Jas

Elite
Kin
129💸
Kumi
5,116💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, but again it's nothing that I would cal that unusual in anime. Naruto's voice wasn't that pleasing either.

If you watch those videos, we can both agree Astas' voice is more sharp when he does the long screams, but I agree with you. His voice didn't stop me from watching the anime, nor did it influence my over thought about it. I'm personally not a fan of his voice xd

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Episodes 11 & 12 are interesting. The former mentions that Julius is the 28th Sorcerer Emperor, which I think was never brought up in the manga. Till now the chronology was always quite unclear, but considering the 1st emperor was the one who subdued the demon and Julius is the 28th, we're looking at a difference of roughly 3 to 6 centuries.

The latter episode says that the legend of the 1st emperor originates from Aster's home town, which establishes a connection between Aster and his grimoire who somehow was nearby.

And lol Finral tried to hit on Rebecca and you can say Gray's real form running in the background.

Yeah, but again it's nothing that I would cal that unusual in anime. Naruto's voice wasn't that pleasing either.
Ahh - I had missed that piece of information about Julius. And yep episode was interesting. I always took it for granted that final battle took lace in Hage since the skull of the demon was still there. So I found odd that Salim thought it was only a legend. But if the first wizard's timeline is that far back and Royalty limited itself forsaking the outer realm, it makes more sense.

That also makes me wonder if it was the realm that belonged to elves and one of the reasons that after the whole mass murder thing Royals just left it. Skull, Asta's grimoire, and both swords, all of them come from that realm.

In epi 12, I suspect Yuno is the target and probably Salim is the one behind the first attack. Rather predictable if it happens but aside from that little expansions of the verse is welcoming and I liked the fleshing out of characters here. Yuno's pendent once again got the focus when he talked about his parents. And keeps a diary. Mimosa was sweet. And Klaus:

You must be registered for see images

Didn't think he was " that type of character". :D

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always">">">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always">
">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always">">">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always">

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Some stills from Episode 13:

A twist to one of the much quoted line from Naruto...

And .. *cough*

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Some stills from Episode 13:

A twist to one of the much quoted line from Naruto...

And .. *cough*
is it weird if I think sexual over the second one?