Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So because you have Yin and Yang separately and we're doing this in one thread, it becomes a lot more convenient. We'll start the training with Yin, but if you want we can start with Yang. So in your reply just mention which you'd prefer to start with. The training will start talking about Yin and Yang together anyway, so it doesn't really impact anything.

Explain what you think you know about Yin-Yang in Daoist philosophy. I'll fill in the gaps of what you don't know, so don't feel compelled to do research or anything. Just give it your best answer.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Off my head. I think Yin is Black while Yang is white. Yin is negative while Yang is positive. Two opposite thing yet they kinda coexist to form the base of existence. It's like how there is good and bad and why everything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage. So Yin relates to spiritual energy while yang relates to physical energy. Coming together, they form what are know as chakra though they can exist independently and can also coexist.

So we start with Yin

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So Yin-Yang are basically the primordial forces of the universe. But they weren't the first. Before there was Yin-Yang, there was nothingness. You've seen these before on this site in two major ways: LoK's sage title (the Sage of Wuji), and Reborn's Hayabusa clan, based on Wuji. Think of Wuji as two stages before Yin and Yang, and a state of true nothingness. Wuji is defined as the boundless and infinite. It is literally, in Chinese, translated to "without ridgepole," meaning there is no direction, no poles (think North and South poles), etc. In Naruto, this state was represented as Kaguya Otsutsuki herself. The end of Naruto was laden with very rich symbolism, despite how the story kinda went to wild shit. It's something I really do have to give props to Kishi for. Basically Hamura and Hagoromo, the Six Paths Yin and Yang powers, respectively, represent Yin and Yang. This is also represented by Naruto and Sasuke, and Hashirama and Madara. Then when these powers combine, they become Taiji (the next state I will talk about). This is Madara after he declares he is immortal, basically, and how he has obtained "both powers." Then you have Kaguya. She represents the ultimate state. Had she succeeded it would have, in a way, been a return to nothingness.

Now from Wuji comes Taiji. Taiji is translated as "Great Pole," and it is the state of the Supreme Ultimate. Taiji is the state of everything. It is the primordial universe, with infinite potential and boundless boundaries. For some, thinking about what Taiji is can be weird. Taiji is a state of undifferentiated everything. It is a single great pole that encompasses the entire universe. This is where Yin and Yang come in, which is the next state. Yin and Yang are poles that allow Taiji to be differentiated. It gives more definition to a universe of everything. Yin and Yang is further broken down into the 8 Trigrams, or the Ba Gua. These 8 Trigrams combine in a variety of different ways to give us the Creation of 10,000 Things; this essentially is, in philosophy, what creates everything in the universe. In the Naruto RP, this is represented as the Creation of All Things Technique, creating living beings from nothing. The Ba Gua does this by utilizing Yin and Yang in a variety of different ratios.

We'll talk about ratios soon, as it is important in Yin-Yang techniques. But essentially, and you point this out in your post, that one cannot exist without the other. That means that in all Yin and Yang techniques, the opposite, to some degree, is still present. This is true even in the ultimate Yin and Yang techniques in the RP: Yin State and Yang State. In these techniques you will reduce your Yang ratio (in the case of Yin State) to the absolute minimum. But this does not mean that the Yang ceases to exist. As we go through the techniques we're going to identify, in as many as we can, where the Yang is in each one. So yes, this is a Yin training thread - but we'll be looking at it in the context of Yin-Yang. Because no matter how much you try to remove the Yang, it is always present.

So you've mentioned some basic characteristics that define Yin-Yang. You mention positive for Yang, negative for Yin. They coexist, yet they're also opposites and compete with each other. They are always seeking balance. This is where ratios come in, but like I said we'll cover that later on. So what do you think are characteristics that define Yin physically in the RP?

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
From what I gathered,Yin governs one’s spiritual energy; the mind, darkness, imagination, and creation.

Thinking about things that has to do with mind and imagination, I think if genjutsu. One is able to create illusions from one's imagination which being able to bewitch the mind. Another example is the ability to possess the mind itself by overwhelming it with one's mind and spiritual energy. Talking about the yamanaka HA. For the dark part, I think of Dark release and Shadow from the Nara clan. On a normal day, shadow or dark is someone should not be able to interact with but with Yin, it is possible and the potential of even making something non physical to become physical is quite great. One is even able to imbue elemental properties into genjutsu which I think is dope btw.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, basically. We'll move onto the first technique now.

(Inton: Ten ni henkō) - Yin Release: Change into Heaven
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A (+50)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user manipulates a technique of the basic 5 elements with Yin nature, allowing him to change its properties. Fire can become solid. Lightning can become tangible. The possibilities are as endless as is the user’s own imagination. The end resulting technique is neutral to all basic elemental natures. This doesn't consume time since it’s actually a skill applied to a technique used at the same time.
Note: Yin Release masters can apply this technique to advanced fields, CE and advanced elements.
Note: Usable 3 times per battle and 6 times per event.

You're capable of reading, so I know that you can understand what it literally says. But what do you think about this technique? What do you think are it's limits?

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very cool technique because I can even use it in the same tf as the technique in question. I can see so many ways this benefits some of my seals.

Limitation however is the amount of time one can use it in battles and can't be used on elements apart from basic five unless they are yin masters. A question. If one is a yin master, would the element this is applied to also be neutral to other elements apart from the basic five?

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very cool technique because I can even use it in the same tf as the technique in question. I can see so many ways this benefits some of my seals.

Limitation however is the amount of time one can use it in battles and can't be used on elements apart from basic five unless they are yin masters. A question. If one is a yin master, would the element this is applied to also be neutral to other elements apart from the basic five?
It only applies to basic elements. And by limitations, I meant more of what the technique's actual limitations are. Yeah I get you can only use it x number of times, and Yin users only get y number of applications to their elements. But I meant on a level of literally what you think this technique can, and cannot do.

I'll give you one to get your mind working toward it. Because there are limitations on this technique that are explicitly laid out in it. For instance, you cannot make this undetectable to the 5 senses. Meaning it has to have some type of tell to the technique when you're applying this technique. What do you think are some others?

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For other limitations. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You cant change a particular element to another completely, you can only change their state. This means you can not change fire to water or lightning to earth.
Secondly, you are not in any way increasing the power of a technique by changing its state. Normally a solid water should deal more blunt force than liquid water but the damage remains the same.
Likewise the range of the technique is not increased.

Can someone employ this technique in cjs? I already did one based on this. Mind if I show you?

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
For other limitations. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You cant change a particular element to another completely, you can only change their state. This means you can not change fire to water or lightning to earth.
Secondly, you are not in any way increasing the power of a technique by changing its state. Normally a solid water should deal more blunt force than liquid water but the damage remains the same.
Likewise the range of the technique is not increased.

Can someone employ this technique in cjs? I already did one based on this. Mind if I show you?
So you bring up an interesting point. What is the limit on how far you can warp something from its original state? You can change Fire into a liquid, it just couldn't be Water. You can change lightning into a solid, but it couldn't be Earth. The rule of thumb here is to basically keep the integrity of what you're changing the same, but outside of that you are free to do almost anything you want.

Yes, this is not a boost. That's correct.

The biggest limitation on this that you should be aware of is that you cannot use this technique to mask the presence of this from all basic senses. There must be some form of a tell to it. Likewise, you cannot use this to hide techniques from chakra sensory and extrasensory abilities.

(Inton: Gogyou Gen) - Yin Release: 5 Elements Illusion
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: N/A (+50)
Damage: N/A
Description: This technique allows the user to combine their elemental chakra with Yin Release in order to create stronger, more potent genjutsu. When the user casts a genjutsu, rather than using their raw chakra they will use one of the basic elemental natures, thus increasing the potency of the jutsu. The jutsu increases in strength by one rank and due to the massive amount of chakra used, the jutsu can penetrate through any subversive method against genjutsu. By using nature chakra rather than raw chakra, the properties of the genjutsu can change in accordance to that nature and become stronger. For example, using Crushing Snake Constriction with Fire Release chakra would make the snakes appear, feel, and sound as though they were on fire. As well, the technique would follow the rules of elemental genjutsu. The user is free to alter the effects of a genjutsu within reason as long as the primary effects remain the same.
Note: Can only be used 6 times per battle.
Note: Cannot be used on techniques above S-rank.
Note: Yin Release masters can use advanced elements and CE

Next up is 5 Elements Illusion. Like with the previous, what do you think the limitations are on this one? What happens if you imbue Water Release into an illusion like Bringer of Darkness? What happens to your victim? Will they feel the sensation of drowning?

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very good technique.

Limitations however are

Chakra: 50 chakra is too much
Though affect those with genjutsu immunity it can be broken like every normal genjutsu though elemental strength and weakness also comes to play.

Bringer of darkness is a visual genjutsu so I don't see the correlation with drowning. It can be done in a way that the victim would feel as if their eyes are filled with water, dark water which would equally hinder their sight.

We should not forget that the intention of the genjutsu must still be followed.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorta, yeah. With this technique you can't change the core of the illusion. So in the case of Bringer of Darkness (if you infuse it with Water Release), the illusion may appear the opponent as if they're submerged in water entirely. Basically like being in a deep ocean. But they won't feel like they're drowning, they won't feel like their body is filling up with water, etc. It sticks with the core of the illusion. They may feel wet, but those others won't change.

And I just want to clarify on the immunity part, just in case you didn't quite get it. Not sure from your wording. But basically the immunity of Bijuu, Nekura, etc, can't avoid this technique. You must always do something actively to deal with this illusion, never passively.

(Inton: Gaki no Jutsu) - Yin Release: Hungry Ghost Technique
Chakra Cost: N/A (+50)
Description: Hungry Ghost is a spiritual parasite created through the user’s Yin Release chakra. When using an elemental jutsu, the user will form the ram hand seal to seal the hungry ghost within their technique. Sealing the hungry ghost inside one’s technique happens within the same timeframe as their elemental technique. When the user’s technique clashes with another technique, the parasitic Yin Chakra will eat away at the chakra within the technique, weakening it by one rank. Once the hungry ghost consumes foreign chakra it is released and immediately attaches itself to the source of the foreign chakra (the opponent). From there, the parasite continues to eat away at the enemy’s chakra every time they use techniques (all techniques reduce in rank and power by 1 degree). Once the Hungry Ghost is released, its tether is immediate and cannot be blocked or circumvented by ordinary means. The effects of Hungry Ghost last for 4 turns.
Note: Can only be used 5 times per battle and cannot be used on the same target more than twice.
Note: Surges or Barriers that utilize Yin, Yang, Yin-Yang or Natural Energy can break or prevent the tethering of the Hungry Ghost.
Note: Yin Release master can apply this technique to advanced elements and CE
Note: Hungry Ghost can only be used on S-rank techniques and below.

What do you think about this one?

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A question though. What if you don't have immunity to genjutsu but immunity to emotional and nervous effects from genjutsu like paralysis, pain etc., would you be affected by the effects of a yin laced genjutsu?

This has been used on me several times.

I like the jutsu which brings me to a question, can it be used on non elemental techniques like fuinjutsu, med nin? Though it does not mention so I'm guessing NO. If I am right then that is a limitation IMO.

Its like a worm or virus that attaches to a chakra source that interacts with it and then continues to benefit while the host surfers.
So if I apply this to a jutsu and then the jutsu is hit twice, would the tether be applied both times? For example, I apply this to a familiar of mine and an opponent hits the familiar with a jutsu and gets infected with the ghost. Say the familiar is not destroyed and the opponent hits it again with another jutsu so that he could finish it up, would the tether be applied again or the hungry ghost is a one time usage thing?

Another limitation: Last for four turns. Question, Is this restriction talking about the tether effects on an opponent or the application to a technique?

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A question though. What if you don't have immunity to genjutsu but immunity to emotional and nervous effects from genjutsu like paralysis, pain etc., would you be affected by the effects of a yin laced genjutsu?

This has been used on me several times.

I like the jutsu which brings me to a question, can it be used on non elemental techniques like fuinjutsu, med nin? Though it does not mention so I'm guessing NO. If I am right then that is a limitation IMO.

Its like a worm or virus that attaches to a chakra source that interacts with it and then continues to benefit while the host surfers.
So if I apply this to a jutsu and then the jutsu is hit twice, would the tether be applied both times? For example, I apply this to a familiar of mine and an opponent hits the familiar with a jutsu and gets infected with the ghost. Say the familiar is not destroyed and the opponent hits it again with another jutsu so that he could finish it up, would the tether be applied again or the hungry ghost is a one time usage thing?

Another limitation: Last for four turns. Question, Is this restriction talking about the tether effects on an opponent or the application to a technique?
Yes, this illusion trumps any of those defenses.

And no, this technique is strictly used in conjunction with elemental ninjutsu. Yin Masters are able to apply this to advanced elements, but that's all.

No, it tethers once. And it refers to the effects that it imposes on the victim.

Do you think you can use this in conjunction with something like Moving Earth Core?

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
IMO I don't think its viable since I don't think its acceptable to affect the target directly with hungry ghost. Besides, the opponent must interact with the hungry ghost with a technique for it to take effect. Also though Hungry Ghost happens in the same tf, you still need one handseal to execute it. By this time, MEC has ended.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
IMO I don't think its viable since I don't think its acceptable to affect the target directly with hungry ghost. Besides, the opponent must interact with the hungry ghost with a technique for it to take effect. Also though Hungry Ghost happens in the same tf, you still need one handseal to execute it. By this time, MEC has ended.
Yeah this definitely won't work with MEC. Good work though. Next is Phantom Dragons.

(Inton: Dai Mugen Ryu) - Yin Release: Great Phantom Dragons
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 150
Damage: 100 | 120 (for multi-element)
Description: A more powerful version of “Yin Release Hungry Ghost Technique.” Rather than the user arbitrarily adding their Yin Release chakra to a specific technique, the user will create a number of large, elemental dragons using any of the basic elements plus their Yin Release chakra. The user can create up to 5 serpentine dragons which, once created, can act independently according to the user’s will. Due to the user being able to manipulate multiple elements at once, each dragon created can be of a different nature. Each dragon will also have the absorption properties of “Hungry Ghost,” thus becoming even more dangerous. However, due to the massive amount of chakra and control needed to use these dragons, the user can only control two dragons at any given time. While the dragons are present, the user cannot use any Yang Release or elemental techniques that currently exist within the dragons. Yin Release masters can combine two natures together in order to make a multi-elemental dragon or even a dragon consisting of an advanced element or CE that they know. However, in doing so they will only be able to create two dragons.
Note: Can only be used 2 times per battle.

So pretty closely related to Hungry Ghost obviously. But it naturally packs a punch. Could you boost this technique with two other techniques? Or does the Hungry Ghost itself count as one of those debuffs? What do you think it means by creating 5 dragons at once, but only two can be controlled at any time?

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very Nice technique.

Riker used it against me and if I remember correctly, we came to a conclusion that the hungry ghost counts as a debuff thus only one boost can be added to it.

It means you can create 5 dragons and shoot them towards a target but can only retain and sustain two of them. I'm I right about this?

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah so they can always be used as a projectile, something outside of your control once you release them. But only two at any time can be actively controlled. That's the correct distinction.

(Inton Modo) - Yin State
Chakra Cost: 200 (-40 per turn)
Description: Based on Hagoromo's Six Paths Sage Mode, those who have completed Yin can enter this mode to elevate their prowess but only in their spiritual capabilities. The lack of the Juubi’s monstrous chakra and natural energy makes it impossible for proper balance of both Yin and Yang natures simultaneously at such a high level. When entering this mode, users first gather their five basic nature chakras and their Yin nature. They then manipulate the ratio of their Yin to Yang chakra such that one nature almost completely overshadows the other, done almost instantly and effortlessly. The result causes the user to enter Yin State. Yin State is the state entered by users when they emphasize their Yin chakra over their Yang. In this state the user is endowed with a pitch-black chakra cloak with white magatama down the center, along the collar and sleeves. The cloak reaches down to the user’s ankles and covers a jet-black jumpsuit is underneath. The user’s nails, lips, hair, and sclera also become jet black. Along with the 4 Truth-Seeking Orbs the user will also gain a Shakujo consisting of the same energy and abilities of the orbs. The main attributes that users gain in this the technique Kuninotokotachi. Kuninotokotachi is a genjutsu technique that grants the user prowess on par with the Uchiha’s Mangekyou Sharingan. When casting genjutsu, the user’s techniques become strong enough to hypnotizes and almost completely control their opponent’s actions like Kotoamatsukami. The user also gains a nigh impenetrable spiritual defense through the shifting of balance, making him immune to any A rank and below Genjutsu none Doujutsu or Yin Genjutsu and a complete defense of up to S rank for other spiritual/mental based abilities ( not counting ones that deal physical damage ). The drawback to this state is that the disproportional amount of energy makes users incapable of using Yang Release techniques and other physically elevating techniques. Advanced forms of taijutsu movement (anything that requires chakra or is B-rank and above) also become unusable.
Note: This technique only last 6 turns and can be used only once per battle.
Note: One must have completed Yin Release in order to use this technique. The user can only use either Yin or Yang state on any bio.
Note: Once the technique ends the user’s spiritual or physical chakra is drained to the barest minimum for their survival, thus making them incapable of using Yin, Yang, or Yin-Yang Release techniques for 10 turns and incapable of using Genjutsu or spiritual abilities for 5 turns.
Note: Likewise, users are unable to use techniques above A-rank for 4 turns.

The pinnacle technique of Yin. Note that in this technique, applying the concept of ratios, you reduce your Yang to the absolute minimum you can without endangering your life. What are your thoughts on this technique?

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Too restricted IMO. Ten turns before using even Yin release is too much also once the technique ends, you are a sitting duck as you can not perform above ARanks for four turns. Though the trade off is also going to be better since the way I'm seeing the mode, one would be able to use the truth seeking ball and the shakujo.

The immunity is also great. Too much chakra requirements for something that has lots of drawbacks.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If you don't win the fight within that time span using a technique like this then yeah you should be pretty hindered.

( Kuninotokotachi ) - Kuninotokotachi
Chakra Cost: N/A
Description: This technique is the strongest non-kekkei genkai genjutsu in existence. Kuninotokotachi gives the user’s genjutsu powerful hypnotic and influential abilities and puts them on par with the ocular powers of the Mangekyou Sharingan. The user hides manipulative thoughts and suggestions within their genjutsu such that, when cast on an opponent, they are indistinguishable from their own thoughts. The effects of this technique are strongest the closer one is to the user, allowing the user to influence the actions of others even subliminally. Long enough exposure to the user’s genjutsu while under the affects of Kuninotokotachi will eventually render victims completely unconscious, unable to respond at all. At such a point, the only ways to release the hold of Kuninotokotachi would be for the user to release it themselves, for the user to die or an outside source to transfer at least 150 chakra from Yin techniques or 75 chakra from Yang techniques to balance. Because of the strength of Kuninotokotachi, abilities designed to prevent genjutsu such as mental resistances, barriers, and other seals of the like are ineffective. With this technique the only way to avoid genjutsu would be to prevent them from happening or stay out of range. On the defensive side, Kuninotokotachi allows for the user to reverse genjutsu like Sharingan Genjutsu and even release the affects of techniques like Tsukuyomi.
Note: The hypnosis of this technique allows for the user to mask holes within a genjutsu that would ordinarily cause speculation. For example, if using false surroundings for a sudden drastic environment change, the user could implant a suggestion that would force the opponent not to question how suddenly the environment changed or to ignore certain aspects such as “the water isn’t wet.” However, these suggestions must be spelled out within the user’s move and must pertain to the affects of the genjutsu. A user cannot force opponents to forget how to defend against x-element or make them use y-technique if the genjutsu’s foundation does not establish such foundations.
Note: The effects of this technique are strongest the closer one is to the target. Within short-range users can capture others within their hypnotic spell and completely take over their body within 2 turns. At mid-range the hypnotic spell takes 3 turns, and long range is ineffective. Those with genjutsu specialty can resist for an additional turn while other Yin Release masters can resist for another 2 additional turns are unaffected at mid-range and beyond.
Note: The user can reverse genjutsu with this technique once per turn (one turn cool down for S-rank and above). Should the user fall under the spell of Mangekyou tier genjutsu the user can release the affects at the cost of a move but become incapable of using genjutsu for two turns after the fact.
Note: This technique remains active for as long as the user is within the Yin State of Yin-Yang Mode.